• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Misty, by the end of Johto arc, did need severe improvement (as much as I hate to admit it). She was little better than May, I think. She was a far cry from the tempremental hothead I first met. For a prime example, look at her reaction to Melody early on in P2K and compare to her reaction to Macy in the Silver Conference. 'Twas sad to see such a decline, really. Brock, though, already had his role. He was the father figure/mentor to Ash and not much else, so his character has never developed much more, nor has he needed to.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Is there something wrong with Asher's attachments? ;_;

Anyway, I must agree (though a bit grudgingly) that Misty had lost many of her original qualities by the end of the Johto arc. The bad thing is that May didn't have any personality to begin on, so it still felt like there was a gap where Misty once was although the space was filled with May. I'm hoping that when/if Misty comes back her personality will be what it once was...the writers have had long enough to think over these things, they've had to realize that some error was made in taking out Misty and another error was made in slowly eroding away at her personality.

Oh, and to respond to something that was mentioned earlier, I don't think Kairi is a militant May fan o_O I know her name at the old forums was Haruka (or was it Harkua-chan?) but that doesn't make her militant, she's just a regular fan, just like most of us are regular Misty fans <_<;;

~Ozy~

Years
They don't show up for me, at least.

I suppose I'll admit now that I kinda liked May at the first. For the first two episodes she seemed like she might be more interesting than she is. A bit more aof a foil to Ash's constant antics. But, she lost her charm after that. Pity, really. They could've done so much more with her.

Years
o you guys are soo harsh, why not like her since msity is gone. ya it might ruin the meaning of the club, but its better than jsut not replacing her, and jsut have ash with brock. (actually that might have been better) and since you have to see her to see the show, y'all should stop complaining or just not watch it anymore. and the petition ownt work, because they already aired stuff in japan, and if its in japan they cant change the story to U.S. and even for the next season, i think misty shouldint return b/c it would ruin her being absent in the first place (i mean if the hoenn thing is still going) and may isnt that bad, its better than have to hear her immature voice get mad at ash mostly b/c she's mad at him for her not being able to tell him how she feels (misty). at least mays problems are when she gets insulted and defends herself 9like when drew made fun of her), she did very well, may i add for her very first battle using beautifly in a contest... she isnt immature towards boys, and she doesnt need to be told to be quiete/calmed-down as misty did

pokeknight

Hyper Member
Years
YA! YA whatever...

I don't like the ways you guys take May's matter in here. Let's forget about her guys, this is Misty club so let's have a new topic about Misty and leave the matters of may behind.I think that we need more Misty pics and Fansprites. So, let's search for them.
Anyway,
Spoiler: The characters That I most dislike in Pokemon anime are:

~Ozy~

Years
*sardonic grin*
She comes up naturally every few pages, like it or not, ujjwal. I suppose it's a matter of course, but it's a matter of endless discussion when we can't think of anything else. Besides, anything involving Misty will eventually have May brought up.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Kirby00 said:
i think misty shouldint return b/c it would ruin her being absent in the first place (i mean if the hoenn thing is still going) and may isnt that bad,

Then why are you in this club? It's the Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club, after all.

I don't mind discussing May, as long as it doesn't spiral down into some of the discussion we've seen lately. I suppose I'm quite good at pointing out her faults more than anything else and I'll continue to do so until our goals are achieved. Truth be told I'd rather discuss Misty again though, we need to get this club back to what it used to be =/

~Ozy~

Years
Whit just about four people, Star, ML17, Tatts-sama and that one other person who's name I can never remember gone? We can try, I suppose.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, I do with they'd come back...and I think you're thinking of Misty's Brother. There's a lot missing now o_O;; The thing is Tatt has half-left PC I think, ML17's whereabouts are unknown, and Misty's Brother is on vacation I think...I just hope it gets better soon.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
Years
i hate vacation time when everyones gone away somewhere or the other..

okay... now i think kirby like may sorta.... i should post that link to u guys here too but u probably heard it from the other thread. hehs....

Ash: imagine brock married??
Misty: u and i will be married someday too...
Ash: mmmhmmm... WHAT?????

i love that clip...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Oh, that quote from that Orange Islands episode with the Nidorans, a classic AAML moment...I love how that quote can be taken two ways. I actually said something to that effect in a general sense to a girl at school once and she thought I was talking about the both of us getting married to each other and freaked out -_-;; Boy, I am so glad to be out of the sixth grade, even though that was five years ago.

~Ozy~

Years
Uh...That was from Heartbreak of Brock. JLC arc, I think.

One you're thinking of is Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon.

Tracy: Those two are kinda like you
*Ash and Misty look at each other*
*Ash and Misty scream at Tracey*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Oh, right. As I said, I can't be trusted with quotes <_<

It seems I'm getting demonized in the Misty vs. May thread for defending Misty, so I give up. If they're not going to let me say what I want to say without labeling it as flaming and bashing, so be it. I won't put up with it. I'm wasting my time in that topic anyway.

~Ozy~

Years
Eh, I got bored of the entire issue anyway. No one's going to change anyone's mind and people will eventually wind up with lists of other people on here they wouldn't mind in the slightest if they (the people on the list) became victims of drive-by shootings. And I'd really hate it id this place were to go that way.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, as has happened at countless other places, debates tear forums apart.

I really fear when the T-Dome is finally introduced...that will be the end of PC as we know it. Things have been set in motion that can't be stopped, and if what I think will happen happens, I won't be able to come to PC without getting persecuted at every turn.

But I'll not talk about that for now...

(and they're going to think that I changed my sig because of them...bah, I just felt like getting plainer)

~Ozy~

Years
T-Dome? I assume that's the Teen section that was discussed.

Anyway, there are a good deal of people here who would stand with you and support you. I suppose I'm the complete antithesis of you politically and religously, but that doesn't mean I think any less of you. Iou've got friends here, man. Don't worry.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Hopefully that'll be so. It's not the debating itself that has concerned me, but the divisions it causes. Either it'll work out or it won't, I'll just have to see.

~Ozy~

Years
Yeah, I suppose so. Honestly, I'm hoping it will. The trick would be, I suppose, to make sure that it's not ALL political/religious topics.

Years
what is the T-dome, sounds interesting... and btw, if ut really wanted to stop talking about the whole may misty thing, he wouldnt have put that button of the ppl he hates... that is jsut so mean and hypocritical...

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years

.... nya guys. *stoops into thread*

God darn i hate myself. I haven't replied in AGES <_<;; Not sure if many of you know, but i've kinda had a huge fall out, big mess up, alot of MSN rows, personal problems and problems with getting onto PC so i haven't been able to get on all week. I'm sorry for not coming here. I can see alot of heated topics have been around lately, Misty vs May arguements, people going against some of the fans here ._.; Some of you guys, please, try not to make us look bad. I won't point out who the people are, cause i just can't say their names out loud. I hope we haven't made this club look like a warzone. I for one have alot against May and Max as characters, but i try to live with it. I find AG terribly dull, May and Max irritating and immature. I think they make Pokemon look more babyish because of their own personalitys. And i don't like that because the anime is sterotyped as a 'kiddies' one. Which just makes me angry. Ash has finally matured and now these two have to come along. I'm sure that they're not going to be staying after AG. Bring back the kanto three i say!! The old days are the ones i loved. We all know Misty will be back, i'm determined about it. Pokeshipping is one of the many threads that will have to be tied up in the end. This waiting us Fans are doing... i'm sure it's for the best. It'll pay off in the end. Anyway just so you guys know i really don't want anymore arguements, cause i'm kinda sick of seeing this go on at so many different forums. We guys need to stick together, and i know i've had my fair share of bashing may, Misty haters, Advanceshippers, but i think i've made myself just look bad from doing that.

-- Pics --

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/SunshineWings/kasumi31-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/SunshineWings/kasumi22-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/SunshineWings/doki.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back