• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Perfect RED & BLUE [FINAL] (VANILLA + FEW ENCHANTS)

darthbr

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Pokémon Perfect RED & BLUE

Pokemon Perfect RED & BLUE [FINAL] (VANILLA + FEW ENCHANTS)

~ SUMMARY ~
    Want to relive the old days with some improvements?
    This version adds few things, for those who want the nostalgia of playing with improvements without taking the magic of the original game, 100% playable from start to finish.

Updates:

08/08/2020 - V1.5 - Updated a glitch with some TMS not appearing in marts (Thunderbolt, rock slide, and other ones > Celadon dept store
    blizzard -> pokemon league mart

25/07/2020 1.3 - 1.4 Updated annoying AI swithching wrong ~ also remade some priority moves from GYM LEADERS and E4
    -> UPDATED SOME BACK AND FRONT SPRITES TO MAKE THE BEST VERSION OF THIS GAME
    ~ Changed pokemon levels in some gyms to match Yellow version (Koga Sabrina Blaine)
    ~ Took out the Venomoth from Sabrina and gave to Koga, also took out Ponyta from Blaine and added Magmar)
    ~ Managed some TMs to Celadon Cassino
    ~Some small bugs fixed

03/05/2020 - 1.2 Updated cerulean cave bug while surfing (encounter missigno and other pokemons), also update the girl sprite bug in hall of fame.

08/05/2020 1.3 Updated bug npc girl near bills house in cerulean / restored cut tree in celadon / ghosts outside lavender town
    09/05 = added tm_24 thunderbolt in celadon store - GYM LEADERS AND E4 USE HYPER POTION NOW, NOT SUPER POTION

10/05 - 1.3 - Updated some ugly sprites that i left, FINAL VERSION

- New Back and Front Sprites (mixed nostalgia)
    - Ghost now deals super effective on psych pokemon (all types corrected)
    - Option to choose between boy and girl
    - Pokemon evolve by level now, no more trades (ex: Kadabra evolves to Alakazam at lv 46)
    - 151 captureable Pokémon (The uniqueness between red & blue is still preserved in encounter rarity)
    - Completing 150 Pokémon, and receiving your certificate, MEW will appear near Mewtwo.
    - Improved AI system in battles
    - Move Deleter/Relearner in Saffron
    - TMs can be purchased after Celadon
    - Fossils can be purchased in Celadon for $50,000, also Moon Stone.
    - Starters can be found at: (Bulbasaur before Cerulean) - (Charmander after Nugget Bridge) - (Squirtle before Vermillion) with a very minimal chance of appearing.
    - Tons of bugs, glitches, and oversights fixed
    - Minor learnset changes that make things more convenient while still staying gen-1 legal
    --- Kadabra/Alakazam can learn Kinesis via Move relearner
    --- Yellow-version move lists have been integrated
    - Minimal changes to battle mechanics necessitated by AI improvements

- Hardware Compatibility
    --- Compatible with original Gameboy hardware (DMG, Super, Pocket, Color, Advance, SP)
    --- Potentially compatible with Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
    --- Might be possible to use a save from vanilla USA red/blue with this rom hack (save in RED's house before transferring over)

SELECTED THE VERY BEST FRONT AND BACK POKEMONS TO MAKE THE PERFECT VERSION OF THIS GAME
    NO MORE UGLY MONS LOL - USED SPRITES FROM BETA GOLD AND SILVER / POKEMON GREEN

Girl Sprite:

MART TMS LOCATION:

Mew event:
    You must complete 150 pokemons in dex then go to this place in celadon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRgKCJuniL4
    after it, go to cerulean cave, stay at the same tiles of mewtwo, and just walk, you will have a chance of 1% to find mew at lv 70.

No more ugly front and back sprites (preserved some original good ones front sprites)

You can choose between blue and red version and apply
    Download 1.5
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/uxd5rmx3v1s1ka8/ips_red_blue_1.5.rar/file

#CREDITS / SPECIAL THANKS:

- JojoBear for Pokemon Shin Red and Blue
    - Backsprites from ''Yellow Spark" by SteppoloN AND Hack rom RED++
    - The Pret team for providing the base disassembly and all the code comments that came with it.
    - Rangi for the tool Polished Map
    - Exp bar coded by Danny-E 33
    - Move deleter/relearner coded by TheFakeMateo for Pokemon Red++
    - Space World sprites
    ---Originally from the pret team's space world gold disassembly
    ---Sprite png files were all properly renamed and sorted by Rangi for Pokémon Red★ and Blue★: Space World Edition

- The following folks for their great tutorials, glitch videos, and explanations across the internet:
    --- TheFakeMateo
    --- Crystal_
    --- ChickasaurusGL
    --- v0id19

- The following folks for their help in pointing out and diagnosing bugs
    --- kadetPirx
    --- JOBOalthor1992
    --- krazsen
    --- kmalove

Last edited:

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    03/05/2020 - 1.2 Updated cerulean cave bug while surfing (encounter missigno and other pokemons), also update the girl sprite bug in hall of fame.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    08/05/2020 1.3 Updated bug npc girl near bills house in cerulean / restored cut tree in celadon / ghosts outside lavender town

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    1.3v - 10/05/2020 - Updated some ugly sprites, final version. sorry for too many updates.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Thanks for the hack, I enjoyed it a lot. I had been hoping for a hack that keeps the simple colors, removes the super ugly back sprites, as well as making every mon obtainable, without doing too many other changes.
    I really liked the addition of move deleter and move reminder, as well as buyable TMs, fossils and stones. I didn't actually use them, except for one double TM dig - probably a combination of having a team that learns the best moves on its own and most of the gen1 TMs being pretty garbage. Knowing that I could use them made everything more enjoyable, though, because I didn't feel forced to keep everything for the best moment.

How often did I start the game with the thought "This time I'll be strong, I'll keep my early mons and won't evolve them past stages I love" and usually I still give up or replace them. Not this time. I kept the stages I liked most and 5 of those I already had in Cerulean, since I started with Squirtle. Pikachu in Viridian Forest, Spearow on route whats-its-number left of Viridian City, Charmander and Bulbasaur in the routes next to Cerulean. Venomoth was a really late addition, I actually just caught it on Victory Road and decided to keep it. For a while I had a Dugtrio with me that I never wanted to keep, but who can say no to a lvl 32 ground type catch before Lt. Surge?

With that coverage most gyms weren't really a problem, except that I was quite a bit underleveled for Sabrina and Koga. Koga because I wanted to get Surf as fast as possible and didn't have the patience to grind, Sabrina because Alakazam is just OP. I did take my freshly caught Articuno into that fight to help out.
    Speaking of impatience, I also got bored of grinding for the e4, so I stocked up on a bunch of healing items and had to reset some fights a couple of times until I got lucky with Agatha's Gengar and Blue's Alakazam. Really 3-times-in-a-row-paralyzed lucky. Or let-me-do-3-swords-dance lucky.

The only modern QOL feature I really missed was the indicator in battle if I already caught a mon. It is annoying if I just want to occasionally catch mons for my dex, but keep getting duplicates, because my tiny brain can't remember if I already have a Cubone or not.

The enemy AI made me laugh a few times, when switching out their mon because they have a type disadvantage, but then to the same type. I have water out, they fire, they switch, to another fire - and in the next round back again. So many free attacks, thanks guys. It did bite me in the e4 though, when Agatha switched in her Golbat into my dig attempt.
    I played as a girl and I really love that addition. The only thing I noticed was that the sprite looked weird when fishing, the hair just getting kinda cut off where the fishing lower half starts. Also mom still said all boys leave home one day, would probably have been nice to change that to kids.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thanks for the hack, I enjoyed it a lot. I had been hoping for a hack that keeps the simple colors, removes the super ugly back sprites, as well as making every mon obtainable, without doing too many other changes.
    I really liked the addition of move deleter and move reminder, as well as buyable TMs, fossils and stones. I didn't actually use them, except for one double TM dig - probably a combination of having a team that learns the best moves on its own and most of the gen1 TMs being pretty garbage. Knowing that I could use them made everything more enjoyable, though, because I didn't feel forced to keep everything for the best moment.

How often did I start the game with the thought "This time I'll be strong, I'll keep my early mons and won't evolve them past stages I love" and usually I still give up or replace them. Not this time. I kept the stages I liked most and 5 of those I already had in Cerulean, since I started with Squirtle. Pikachu in Viridian Forest, Spearow on route whats-its-number left of Viridian City, Charmander and Bulbasaur in the routes next to Cerulean. Venomoth was a really late addition, I actually just caught it on Victory Road and decided to keep it. For a while I had a Dugtrio with me that I never wanted to keep, but who can say no to a lvl 32 ground type catch before Lt. Surge?

With that coverage most gyms weren't really a problem, except that I was quite a bit underleveled for Sabrina and Koga. Koga because I wanted to get Surf as fast as possible and didn't have the patience to grind, Sabrina because Alakazam is just OP. I did take my freshly caught Articuno into that fight to help out.
    Speaking of impatience, I also got bored of grinding for the e4, so I stocked up on a bunch of healing items and had to reset some fights a couple of times until I got lucky with Agatha's Gengar and Blue's Alakazam. Really 3-times-in-a-row-paralyzed lucky. Or let-me-do-3-swords-dance lucky.

The only modern QOL feature I really missed was the indicator in battle if I already caught a mon. It is annoying if I just want to occasionally catch mons for my dex, but keep getting duplicates, because my tiny brain can't remember if I already have a Cubone or not.

The enemy AI made me laugh a few times, when switching out their mon because they have a type disadvantage, but then to the same type. I have water out, they fire, they switch, to another fire - and in the next round back again. So many free attacks, thanks guys. It did bite me in the e4 though, when Agatha switched in her Golbat into my dig attempt.
    I played as a girl and I really love that addition. The only thing I noticed was that the sprite looked weird when fishing, the hair just getting kinda cut off where the fishing lower half starts. Also mom still said all boys leave home one day, would probably have been nice to change that to kids.

Thanks a lot. This rom was made originally by jojobear, but i modified lots of things cause my goal was The same that u said.. The mechanics AI was by him. Well i changed sprites. Mons locatations, tms.. And a other bunch to not change At all The game. Still preserve The vanilla Air. Thanks a lot for your words

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Updates:
    25/07/2020 1.3 - 1.4 Updated annoying AI swithching wrong ~ also remade some priority moves from GYM LEADERS and E4
    UPDATED SOME FRONT AND BACK SPRITES

~ Changed pokemon levels in some gyms to match Yellow version (Koga Sabrina Blaine)
    ~ Took out the Venomoth from Sabrina and gave to Koga, also took out Ponyta from Blaine and added Magmar)
    ~ Managed some TMs to Celadon Cassino
    ~Some small bugs fixed

Last edited:

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Im really sorry, it was my fault, got some bug in tms, thanks for report

Updated the game to v1.5 - thunderbolt, rock slide and others in celadon dept store check the image... also blizzard in pokemon league mart.

Please update your game inside a pokemon center

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'm about to update from 1.3 (I think that was the May 3rd release) to 1.5 (the August 8th release). Do I just rename the save file to reflect the latest version?

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm about to update from 1.3 (I think that was the May 3rd release) to 1.5 (the August 8th release). Do I just rename the save file to reflect the latest version?

Yes my brother, just replace the files and rename ''same name of the save''
    ex: red.gb
    red.sav

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I never used this brother. But IF u read theres a special event that u can find him after own 150 pokes. Take The certificate in celadon. Then try to walk near mewtwo spawn. Mew Will spawn into The wild with a very low %

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    hi, could i get more info on where the version exclusive pokemon are/what their rarity is? i'm currently playing red and i haven't encountered a single pokemon from blue. i know they're supposed to be rarer but i've spent hours on different routes to try to see any blue exclusives with no luck. thanks in advance

Back