• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-*The War of Conflagration*-

Lucian

Were-God [Sealed]
Years

~ Name: Ashe (A-sh) Takemi

~ Age: 21

~ Faction: Obsidian Fist

~ Appearance: Ashe wears brown cargo pants and a small leather jacket. The jacket sits just above his stomach and fits snugly around him. He looks very feminine and acts like it as well. His blonde hair falls just under his eyes. His eyes are filled with love and compassion, but upon gazing into them one can see they are filled with fear and hurt. Although he looks weak he is truly one of the stronger people from his village, because of this he signed up to go out and train as a pokemon trainer, upon learning of the E4's dilemma he signed up to join the obsidian fist, training his Machoke into a Machamp as he entered the group.

~ Personality: Although timid and quiet most of the time, when he needs to Ashe can buckle down and fight like the rest of 'em. Shy and witty, Ashe is more likely to think about his battle tactics then to rush into a brute force war. Because of this he always keeps his strong pokemon close to protect him if anything should happen.

~ Team:

236_003.png
    Tyro
    475.png
    Gallade
    355-f_002.png
    Duskull

~ Biography: Growing up in a small town in the far off place of Shinnoh, As i was on my way to professor Rowan's lab I tripped over a stick and landed face to face with a big skull, upon further inspection, i found out it was a Duskull, but this one was unusual, it had a red coat behind it instead of the normal black one.

Once i reached Rowan's lab he told me this pokemon was very special and that sense it had followed me there it wanted to be with me. So instead of giving me a pokemon he told me to look after the duskull for him. Instead of being a normal pokemon Duskull floats behind me like ash has his pikachu.

After spending my time working on the gyms and gaining respect as a Shinnoh elite four finalist i heard that there were problems in kanto and johto, so i forfeighted my Final pokemon battle to join the fight.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is this RP still open for sign-up sheets? Ehehe. I'll just take my chances...

Sign-up Sheet

~ Name: Ashyln Reki

~ Age: 16

~ Faction: Icy Rose

~ Appearance: Ashlyn has long blond hair, the majority of which falls up to the middle of her back. A good chunk of it though hangs only up to her shoulders just for a cute effect (or so she believes). Loathing her black eyes, she wears colored contacts in a shade of icy blue. The contacts really serve no purpose other than to fool everyone into believing she's just another blonde. She wears different clothing all the time thanks to her role as a member of the information-retrieval squad, the Icy Rose faction. Normally though, especially on rest days, she just wears a pink pleated mini-skirt and a black long-sleeved top. On her feet are knee-high combat boots that seem to contrast her entire look.

~ Personality: Ashlyn is your regular bubbly girl who's ditzy and sociable to everyone in the entire world. Then again, that's just what she wants you to believe. She's actually hot-headed and a bit hateful, but she's learning to keep her feelings in check. Often, Ashyln denies how she feels about things especially when it comes to happiness. When given something obvious to rejoice about, she spends five minutes ruining the hapy glow it should leave on her by telling herself how it could have gone better.

Her smile when she's in the battlefield means she's won and you just don't know it yet. On the other hand, if you just see her walking past on a bright sunny day, it's probably a sign she's putting on her façade. A tad bit fanatical about everything related to shoes, she easily switches out of her real personality and changes into the sometimes bordering dim-witted blonde stereotype.

~ Team:
    Glaceon – female
    Seel – male
    Abra - male

~ Biography: She grew up in a family of 3. It was just her, her mom, and an older brother she never sees. Her dad split right after she was born and shortly after she turned 5, he came back and stole away her brother. Ever since then, her mother has been her closest ally and she has grown to detest her surname.

In school, she was just a regular student but her other classmates thought her to be a 'dumb blonde' because she was always staring out the windows, dreaming of yesterday and how she could have done it differently. This stereotype infuriated her but it never got her to open up to the rest. She didn't believe she needed to change anyone's opinion. Instead, she just became cold and icy whenever anyone tried to approach her. The comments hurt her and since the day they first called her that, she never forgot the stung.

She carried it with her until the war began and she joined the Icy Rose faction to protect her mother who refused to leave Kanto. There, in the faction, she put the old stereotype to good use.

~ Other: She bites people when angered. Calling her by her last name is the same thing as calling upon you Glaceon's Icy Wind.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • @ Blankspace:

Good sign up. My only worry is that you won't stay active. You only have fifteen posts so I'm allowed to have my doubts. If you promise to stay active, you're in. *~Accepted / Pending~*

Also, the last spot has been reserved by Niwa. We'll have to wait until he posts his bio until we can finally start this roleplay.

Edit: If for some reason Niwa is unable to post his bio, or must withdraw, Fallen Angel will be the replacement. Thanks again to everyone that applied.

Years
  • Well, I promise to stay active. I haven't really been posting lately since I'm working on my pokemon fanfic and I've been waiting for an RP in the other roleplay section. But there is no need to worry, I'll stay active once this thing starts.

Also... should I change my faction to The Cunning Fang? I just noticed that you both chose that one. Oops?

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Ok, I'll hold it to you. Glad to have you with us. ^^ *~Accepted~*

Well, I would prefer it, but if you're absolutely against the idea you could stay in Icy Rose but do mission alongside our division. However, this would be a little complicated since you'd have to bring the other members in your division as well.

Also, another note. Blake, Reishin, Ashlyn, and Niwa's character will all be starting off as 12th division. This is the bottom of the barrel in terms of rank goes. Since they're all new recruits it makes sense rather than us all being the number one division in the faction. It will also improve as we execute missions and progress through the story.

Last edited:

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • ~ Name: Danny Bellows
    ~ Age: 15
    ~ Faction: The Obsidian Fist

~ Appearance: He always wearing a headband on his head to symbolize his extreme workout ethnic he shares with his pokemon, them being of the fighting nature and almost constantly in movement to increase there strength. A typical muscle shirt is what Danny loves to wear, but not just any muscle shirt in particular, his, Danny's muscle shirt, is tied at half way down not leaving the shirt to have any usual sway it would have if a slight breeze past. This was applied to his entire wardrobe, having loose clothes restrict his movements, and it also makes him feel as though hes "naked". A small black belt, much skinner then an average belt, is what fastens his muscle shirt to his abs tightly. The section where the muscle shirt ends around his shoulder, is tattered from excessive training, looking as though Danny has purchased this piece of clothing from the dump, rags are the looks it compels, its known that Danny initially ripped off the sleeves of the original shirt to give him this new look. Sweatpants are a must for a person who is constantly training his body, especially in the most extreme of conditions. His pants also bear the similar apperance as the muscle shirt, an even smaller version of the collar around his body is used around both of his legs, one at the ankle and one at the mid of the thigh on both legs. Danny chooses to not wear any shoes, not that he cannot afford them, he thinks to himself that it builds endurance.

~ Personality: Depending on what he is presently doing his mood will vary. When it comes to his training and his training of his own pokemon, he becomes a very serious young man. Not letting anything distract him or let his pokemon stray from there training course, he is very strict towards his regiment. His attitude out of his serious training time, is laid back, not something one would expect Danny to be at first glance. He would never let any "dirty" food enter his or his pokemon's bodies, this being about him, he refuses to let them and himself eat any sweets of the sort. Since he was young he hasn't touched sweets ever since he met his Tyroge, this makes people think this is the cause of his sour and strict attitude towards him keeping there bodies "clean" of unpure essences.

~ Team:
    Tyrogue - The first pokemon Danny has caught when he was younger. They have so much history, and Tyrogue, like Danny shares an immense seriousness when it comes to training and perfecting themselves. In this relationship they both support each other in any activity the other performs. Its like a coach and athlete relationship is shared. One noticeable appearance on the Tyrogue is, its scar under its right eye. This scar was caused of an unfortunate accident that took place during there training, a result which made Danny rethink his entire persona, but with Tyrogue brushing off the wound and merely acting as though it was nothing, he gave Danny his dignity back in what they both loved to do.

Machoke - Danny met this Machoke as a Machop on his early adventures through Johto with Tyrogue. The Machop, at the time, was attacking random passersby at will. Taking it upon himself to subdue the overly active fighting pokemon, Tyrogue and Danny made quick work of it. Capturing the Machop in the process, Danny tried to raise it with care, but it has little respect for him. The only way the Machoke now respects him is for the reason, Danny helped it evolve through his training. Otherwise the pokemon will sit around lazily and will not follow Danny's command most of the time.

Mankey - A very recent pokemon caught by Danny. Surprisingly, this pokemon was captured due to the efforts of the Machoke, though not on purpose. During training when Danny had Machoke lift and toss boulders to build strength, one went astray and a loud shriek was heard. Running to see what happened, he saw a Mankey lying on the ground, fainted. Thinking of it as a perfect chance to raise another fighting pokemon, he captured it. Of course after it awakened and threw a very fierce tantrum at Danny, they started to get along very well.

~ Biography: Danny grew into a family of exercise enthusiast's. Now, not surprising at all, his family's influence started to show in him when he was young. If the body was not fit, nothing can be fit. It was a saying his father said to him and a saying he holds dear to himself and stays true to it. After leaving along while after from his home and setting out on his adventure, Danny caught wind of what was happening in Kanto. The fact that the benevolent team known as, Team Rocket, was performing such evil deeds in Kanto, and causing so many people pain was something he couldn't stand. He proposed the idea to Tyrogue and asked him if he was ready to go and help, and the pokemon shook its head, no. This shocked Danny, he always thought his pokemon to have some sort of justice embedded in him, but the pokemon not wanting to help others made him think otherwise. Tyrogue did not want to go because he was worried for his safety, Danny's safety. He wished him to not receive arm, and thus Danny did not know this until the Elite Four arrived in Johto. Where a very strong fighting pokemon user, Bruno appeared. Understanding what he could from Tyrogue, he made out the assumption that Tyrogue did not want to see Danny hurt. Of course a series of head shaking, and nod's, which lasted nearly five hours. Let him finally know the truth, and his faith in the pokemon was brought back. It was now time for him to set out, the time of the restoration of Kanto and the freedom of the pokemon was at hand.

Last edited:

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • @Mr.Altosax

I apologize but I have accepted Jyukai, Blankspace, and Niwa to participate in my roleplay. Better luck next time.

On a more important note. After seeing Niwa's character sheet, I've decided to change up the faction thing. There are no more divisions, but there are still ranks. Basically, based on what the head honcho of each faction orders, is how we'll interact. For example, Agatha needs a scouting mission near the coast of Pallet Town. She'll order whoever she deems necessary into a group to work together. The factions will actually provide an individuality among each member in the army. I think that this will provide more versatility rather than having everyone in the same faction and division. If you have any questions just PM me. We're starting...now.

---​

The clouds exploded with bullets of cold, gray water. Lighting could be found stretching across the blackened sky, which was shortly followed by a din of thunder. The surrounding mountain range that Blake was attempting to cross was being assailed mercilessly by storm. Shielding his eyes from the downpour, Blake trudged slowly down the barely visible mountain path. There was almost no cover in this rocky terrain, so he would have to keep travelling until he found a hollow cave to sleep in. An idea stuck him moments later and he found himself releasing Mist from her ball. "Mist! I need you to look for a hollow or something for us to stay in and wait out the storm!"

The small ghost pokemon obliged her master and then dissappeared from sight. Path sloping downwards at a rather steep angle, Blake tried hard to keep himself from falling. Raindrops kept pounding the earth, which made things even more harsh for Blake. He was just about to reach a small valley between two mountains but unfortunately stumbled upon an upturned rock. Rocks instantly met with Blake's face as he tumbled down the rest of the slippery slope until winding up at the mouth of a flooded river. Mist appeared at the moment Blake collided, and told him of a small cave just nearby. Still a little jostled by his fall, Blake regained his balance and staggered over to the small cave Mist mentioned. It was carved deep into the mountain as Blake could tell, yet he wasn't worried about its ihabitants, rather, the torrential storm just outside. He could then hear shouts in the distance.

<It appears that there are several trainers brawling out there> replied Mist to Blake's puzzled face.

Blake wanted to rise and go see for himself, but the storm was furious in its wrath, and he was still very exhausted from the travelling through the mountain. Exhaustion began to grip him, and he succumbed to the world of dreams.

Lucian

Were-God [Sealed]
    Years
  • hey not to sound mean, or complain but you skipped over two ppl'z posts without saying anything, you then accepted someone after those 2 ppl

Years
  • OOC: Um, Key since you said that the different faction thing will work, do I have to make my own imaginary members?

---

Ashlyn stared at the large stacks of boxes in front of her. They were everywhere. All forms of furniture in her room were covered by the menacing boxes. There was not a place to sit or drop one's thing in the hopes of unpacking. Even the closets were blocked by the stacks and piles. Her bed was covered in random articles of clothing as well. Her entire room looked like a garage sale waiting to happen. She certainly did not expect this. Stepping past the threshold, she nudged the door shut with her foot. She frowned at the disaster area and somehow tripped into a stack of the boxes, sending them over into other stacks, creating a domino effect. A few minutes of glaring at the mess, she remembered something.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, you're new here, right? One of the new recruits?" asked someone bearing an 'I've been promoted' party hat.

A curt nod was given him and Ashlyn continued on her way to her newly-assigned room. Slowly and composedly she went on her way despite the irritating banter her superior was making. She mustered as much self-restraint she could to prevent herself from calling forth her seel. It was her first day here and she really did not want to make a ruckus. She would hate to be kicked out for injuring a superior right after being accepted.

She faked a smile at the male keeping pace with her, struggling not to strangle him. Who in the right mind would care about his collection of rubber duckies anyway?! He noticed nothing amiss and continued on with his joyful ravings on the beauty of rubber duckies and how he was so glad to have smuggled his entire collection out of Kanto.

Nearing her room, he left her to return to his duties. "Just don't forget to
    enjoy your room, okay?" he called.

Now sitting in her supposedly wonderful room, she engaged in a staring contest with the boxes and tried to believe that the chatty boy didn't know about the room's present condition. However, upon examining box after box, she realized something that she could not take lightly. Most boxes bore the name of boy and those boxes he owned, happened to carry what else but junk to her.

Somewhere inside Icy Rose's dormitory, a scream echoed with an intensity that rivaled that of Feraligatr's when on a rampage.

--

editted to fix the post and to remove the errors to do with divisions and such... ^^;;

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Believe me, it's fine." Reishin sighed, her legs crossed one over the other as she stared at Whist and Therm, both of whom sat before her. Lozze, who was sleeping soundly in his pokeball, made no movement, even though the two pokemon who were not asleep were arguing as loud as they could manage.

<'It's not fine!!'> Therm cried, <'I'm in unbearable pain now because of some stupid prank that didn't even work!!'>

<'It wasn't stupid!'> Whist snapped, about to go on about how ingenious his pranks were, but it was just this one fluke in which it had failed miserably and sent a pan flying into Therm's face. The prank had originally been meant for Lozze, who could easily stop the pan with a good psychic, but the minute he'd stopped it, a bucket of icy water would fall onto him. But, quite frankly, Therm could not stop the pan with a psychic, therefore, had hit him full force and sent him flying out of the warehouse in which the foursome sat, discussing who's fault it was that Therm's snout was smashed flat into his face.

"Listen, I could hardly care less," Reishin sighed, annoyed, "So shut up and let me think."

Whist and Therm shut up, but stared resentfully at their trainer, both of them no doubt wondering what their trainer could possibly find worth thinking of. Probably different ways to shut them up again. Both the banette and charmeleon had been on edge since their team was assigned to the lowest ranking division, indignant that their obvious skills were not acknowledged and that they'd have to crawl their way to the top like everyone else. It just went to show how spoiled they were, Reishin would always say, and it would always shut them up.

<'What are you thinking about?'> Whist finally asked and Reishin slid her gaze over to her first pokemon, and gave him a sinister grin, suggesting that she was plotting something big.

"What am I thinking about?" Reishin asked in a low, mysterious voice. The two pokemon leaned forward, their interest captured.

"Nothing." Reishin finished flatly, turning back to staring out the dusty window, leaving two pokemon to stare at their trainer with unimpressed gazes.

<'We have a dunce for a trainer.'>

<'Why do we listen to her?'>

<'We don't. Usually.'>

"Quiet, I'm trying to think."

<'LIAR!!'> Both pokemon shouted at their trainer.

Years
  • "Tackle!" Ashlyn yelled. "Tackle! This isn't just a training session, Galeon! This is a training session for war! Do you hear me?"

Glaceon responded by tackling harder. She attacked the tree relentlessly, causing leaves and branches to fall. Another reprimand from Ashlyn made her move even faster. Still Ashlyn yelled. There was still something wrong. It still wasn't good enough. Faster! Glaceon sped up its movements. Faster, faster, faster. Glaceon quickened. She was almost invisible.

Her trainer was still not impressed. "Glaceon, move faster! Faster! Faster! I don't train pushovers!"

<Pushover> muttered Glaceon. <Pushover? Pushover?! I'll show you pushover...>

Glaceon picked up the pace. It sed up, beating the trunk of the tree, its roots, back to the trunk, over and over, and moving faster and faster. Finally it disappeared from sight for short periods of time. A smile crept up Ashlyn's face.

"Okay, Glaceon, honey. You can stop now"

Returning to Ashlyn's side, her speed returned to its normal pace. She strutted back with her head held high and a haughty aura. She stopped casually in front of her trainer and licked its paw.

<What were you saying about pushover?> Glaceon asked, emphasizing the last word. <I could have sworn you called me a pushover. Do I look like a pushover? Does that look like a pushover's work?> she pointed to the remains of the tree, now barely a stump.

Ashlyn's expression darkened. From its previous glow, it went back to the angry look commonly associated with her. "Don't get ahead of yourself, Glaceon. You may have learned Quick Attack but that's still nothing compared to what Seel can do. And who's been with me longer?"

<Stop comparing me to him!> Glaceon yelled. <And if he's so great, why isn't he here training to be the best?!>

Ashlyn pointed to the west in the driection of the city. "There's a shallow place over there that's great for swimming. I let him and Abra relax for the day since I'm training you"

Glaceon turned its head, feigning disinterest despite obviously hurt about this matter.

A sigh escaped Ashlyn's lips and she kneeled in front of Glaceon, scratching her behind the ears. "Hey, you did great today. Don't mind my being a jerk. It's part of my job description as your trainer. Remember you signed the contract a day after I caught you."

<Hmph> went Glaceon, rolling her steely blue eyes. <Whatever>

Ashlyn pulled a small treat from her pocket. "Hey, this is for you. Congratulations on doing that technique"

She left it in front of Glaceon. It was a poffin, Glaceon's favorite.

"Now I want you to bask in your happiness before going back to the city since once you get back, I'll go back to being the jerkiest jerk you've ever met. You hear me, Glacy, sweetie?"

Ashlyn left and Glaceon stared at her retreating figure in surprise at how a few words from her trainer could drastically change her mood.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Warmth was spreading. Sounds began to ring throughout Blake's ears. The first sound he could recognize was a merry cackle a nearby fire was emitting. Rubbing his eyes, Blake sat up and opened his droopy eye-lids. Sitting in front of him was a huge man. He had ripped muscles packed all over his bulk and a long mane of brown hair that was tied back in a ponytail. He gave off an aura of pure power which left Blake slightly overwhelmed. It took a few minutes for it to register that he was sitting in front of Kanto's very own: Bruno.

He turned his head and acknowledged Blake's presence.

"You're awake. That is good. There are things we must discuss however." he told Blake in a deep, booming voice.

"Let's start with who you are and why you are here?"

Groginess was now ebbing away from Blake as he cleared his head and answered Bruno calmly and curtly.

"I'm from this mountanious region. I crossed through last night in an attempt to reach the Elite Four headquarters. I plan on enlisting in the army."

Bruno took what Blake said into consideration and went into a deep thought. Diverting his head, Blake stared deeply into the embers burning before him. He had only hoped that this course of action would be the best for him. What if it was all pointless. Would he truly be able to help?

"You are headed in the right direction my friend. However I warn you. The road ahead is perilous and there will be instances where your life will be in serious danger. Do you still wish to proceed?"

"Yes"

"Very well."

Bruno then stood up, revealing to Blake a massive height to accompany his massive bulk. He then reached into his belt and pulled out a worn pokeball. He flicked to the ground, where a huge Onix filled up the back of the cave. Commanding Onix to ram through the back of the cave, Blake watched in awe as the rock-like snake easly tore down the back wall. In response to Blake's flaberghasted stare, Bruno simply said: "Your way is that way."

Years
  • Knocking. Three brisk knocks on the door followed by two subtle slow ones woke Ashlyn that night. It was loud enough to stir Glaceon who slept at her feet but it did not affect her enough to wake her. Neither was it loud enough to rouse Seel who slumbered in the inflatable pool in the corner nor Abra who slept in a little nook beside Ashlyn's bed.

Ashlyn eased the covers off and tiptoed to the door. She pressed her ear next to the wood and heard retreating footsteps. Faint as they were, she knew they were footsteps. In the dead of the night, minute details like footsteps were noticeable beyond compare especially for a light sleeper.

A few moments passed and the sounds faded into the night. Not a sound was to be heard other than Ashlyn's deep breathing and her pokemons moving about in their respective places. Ashlyn turned the knob and nudged the door open gently. She must not wake anyone. What if it was a spy from Team Rocket prowling around headquarters? If everyone were alarmed, the spy would be able to run off. But then again, what self-respecting spy would knock on the door of an enemy?

Keeping these thoughts in mind as she stepped out, she mentally prepared herself for anything. But nothing immediately got her attention. The cold tiles chilled her feet and a sudden breeze filled the hallway. She took another few steps and surveyed her surroundings. No one was around and no light from any dorm room was on. She sighed. Perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her. There was nothing here at all of interest.

Turning, she glanced upon her door a note, a sheet of paper with words scrawled upon it, obviously distorting the true handwriting of the sender. So she was wrong. There was something of interest.

She took it in her hands and went inside, shutting the door firmly. She made sure to lock the door as well, for fear that the note was simply a diversion. It was wartime, after all. The safest of places cannot be truly said to be safe at all. Every place was a possible combat zone. In any and every place, you could meet your death.

Returning to her place under the covers, the bed creaked. Abra's eyes flutted open and he saw how wide awake his trainer was.

<What is the matter, Ashlyn?> was the simple question.

With a shake of the head and a sweet smile, Ashlyn answered simply nothing. Abra nodded and closed his eyes, feigning immediate sleep. Despite his show of believing his trainer, he knew she was only acting. A smile only proved that there was something wrong. Ashlyn's acting could fool anyone but her closest allies and Abra was one of them.

Once sure that Abra was asleep, although he was not actually sleeping, Ashlyn took out the note and read it quickly before tucking it securely in her pillowcase.

Back