• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen If Team Rocket succeeded in their plans...

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    What if Team Rocket's few members located in Johto succeeded in reestablishing the organization and managed to get it back to it's normal operation status. With this reestablishment, Giovanni made a return. How different do you think the game would have turned out? Do you think something like this would have made the games a bit more exciting in terms of story? How different do you think their presence would be in Johto and Kanto in the time period the games take place?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okayyyy. I think Johto would have stayed the same but Kanto would have changed radically. Like, you would have had to visit Kanto to stop Giovanni from unlocking a secret about Mewtwo. I think Cinnabar would have been super involved with this too. Those islands seem like a great place for a Team Rocket hideout. In this alternate storyline the island wouldn't have been burnt down and that cool place with the Mew-related documents would be still there but would have a much deeper involvement in the story. Johto would have been fine but you wouldn't have visited Kanto as a luxury... instead to stop Giovanni before he unlocks the true power? Something along those lines. Less about money, more about absolute power.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    well red would of came back down from mt silver, more details about giovonni and silver, probably pallet town being destroyed , some government take over....about all I can think of

Back