• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Custom Trainer Card (FR)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Hello everyone! Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but in my custom hacked rom I would like different trainer card colors and bag designs. Unfortunately.. there are no tutorials (that I have found) that go into detail on doing deeper customization like that. Is it even possible to do such a thing? I know very little about the color palettes, tilesets and such used as I just got into this today.. but any help or advice anyone could offer on this specific issue would be appreciated! :D

More info in spoiler
Spoiler:

SʅaʋZaɕк

ZackyMohammad24
Years
0xE991F8 - this the trainer card tileset
0x3CCF60 - trainer card front tilemap
0x3CC984 - trainer card back tilemap
0x3CCEC8 - trainer card background tilemap
0x3CD5E8 - badges
0x3CC368 - trainer card stickers
0xE99198 - pallettes

Thx to Spherical Ice for the offsets

Last edited:

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Just editing or adding new trainer cards tilemaps won't work. You will need to make a custom ASM routine to hack how game loads trainer card and it's pallette.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Terribly sorry for the late reply! Thank you both for your help!

@Ahmed Riki I tried googling anything related to the topic, but it didn't appear in google for some reason (mostly other tutorials). It is comforting to know that someone had the same idea and posted the tileset ids. It was very kind of you to find those IDs and post them! Thank you

@Phantom Phoenix ASM routine? Ah, not sure how to code such a thing. But thank you a lot for replying and for saying that was an option! Going to look into it immediately!

Edit* Just looked into it and I think.. it is really intimidating. Found a few good resources that explain it.. but I am very slow (and lack the ability to comprehend or be patient enough to comprehend coding) and dont believe I could ever script something unless someone was physically there to sit down and walk me through the entire process.. I think I may just give up on the whole rom idea because what I want does not align with what I can actually do. Both of your help was really appreciated! Perhaps in the future this or other threads may prove useful to someone competent enough to do such a thing.

Last edited:
Back