• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinion on Pokémon XD’s first intended ending

LittleSnowyOne

I love Dima
Years
    • Age 33
    • she/her
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I forgot where I read this, but I once read that - at the end of Pokémon XD - the boss of Cipher was supposed to be Colosseum's Wes instead of Greevil. The idea was scrapped because it might confuse or upset some people.

I, for one, despise that idea. I absolutely hate it. I think it completely goes against what Wes stood for in the first game. Why in the heck would he fight so hard to save abused Pokémon and open their hearts, only to turn into an abusive trainer himself? I think such a thing was only considered for shock value, like killing off characters can sometimes be in other games. (It doesn't help that I've always seen Wes as my favorite trainer character.)

What are your opinions on this being considered as a final battle?

Years
    • Seen today
    I've heard of this, and thought it would have been way cooler.

Wes doesn't seem to have clear intentions in Colosseum. You could also ask why he suddenly changes his mind and starts rescuing Pokemon. He's not around anybody in that hideout who would convince him to have a change of heart. It could work in a similar way to Ghetsis. He's only "freeing" the Shadow Pokemon for his own gain, and wants to establish himself at the top of the organization. Even if it's by wiping out all the other admins. There would be nobody to question his authority, and he could easily start re-building the organization to how he sees fit. Where he could also partner with Greevil. Of course it's only if your looking from the negative side of things, which that ending of Gale of Darkness would probably be.

I could see that ending with the normal defeat of Greevil, but out from the shadow comes Wes. Whatever he's doing could be up to interpretation, being the true leader, or just a behind the scenes associate.

His team would probably be Espeon, Umbreon, Entei, Suicinne, Raikou, and Tyranitar. (Ultimate shadow Pokemon from Colosseum).

Back