• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

And now for something completely different: Ubers

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I know that most people don't play Ubers much, but I'm doing one anyway. It's also my first Uber team:

227.gif

Skarmory:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Spikes
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy

Skarmory helps patch up the ExtremeKiller Arceus weakness I have. It also helps against Groudon, but can't handle Swords Dance-boosted attacks from it too well, unless it phazes it out when it sets up.

382.gif

Kyogre:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder
    -Thunder Wave
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry

My team tends to be on the slow side, so the paralysis support Kyogre brings helps. One thing I'm not sure about is switching to a Choice Scarf set.

484.gif

Palkia:
    -Surf
    -Spacial Rend
    -Aqua Tail
    -Fire Blast
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lustrous Orb

Palkia helps with the Speed issue too. While Fire Blast is weakened in the rain, it helps against Ferrothorn. Like Kyogre, I'm not sure if I should switch to Choice Scarf.

644.gif

Zekrom:
    -Bolt Strike
    -Draco Meteor
    -Outrage
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 104 HP/148 Atk/252 SAtk/4 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Zekrom lures out Groudon for Kyogre or Palkia to eliminate. It also checks/counters Ho-oh and opposing Kyogre. Focus Blast gives me an alternate way to deal with Ferrothorn.

530.gif

Excadrill:
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 176 HP/60 Atk/252 SDef/20 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Excadrill serves as the offensive, bulky, Rapid Spinner of the team. Kyogre's Drizzle cancels out its Fire weakness.

493.gif

Ghost Arceus:
    -Calm Mind
    -Judgment
    -Focus Blast
    -Recover
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Spooky Plate

The spinblocker. It went over Giratina-O, since I already have a phazer in Skarmory. It still takes Blaziken's Flare Blitzes well (in rain anyway). Thanks to its sheer bulk, Arceus can easily get a Calm Mind up (or possibly multiple ones) then smash things. Recover keeps it healthy to compensate for the lack of Lefties recovery.

After playing with this team a few times, I found out that it's weak to ExtremeKiller Arceus that uses both Earthquake and Shadow Claw/Force. This is why I need help with this team.

Changes in bold.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Well, you... don't have that much hazards aside from Stealth Rock. D= Well, to be fair, yes, usually stealth rock is generally enough, but you could go for more residual damage, like Spikes maybe? Pokemon like Skarmory and Ferrothorn can help you there, as they can probably be swapped for yur Excadrill, and they can even help to check SD Arceus, however, the former should watch out for brick break. Or what you can do is have a Choice Scarf Terrakion that can resist Extremespeed, and hit it with a Close Combat.

Eh, truth be told, there's not much options against Arceus - the best thing you can do for your team I is to try and ~pressure~ it with more residual damage, like Spikes.

Hope this helps!

Years
  • Not bad for the first Ubers team you made, but a few changes can be made.

First of all, to address the extremekiller weakness, I recommend replacing Deoxys-S with a Physically Defensive Skarmory with Stealth Rock, Roost, Whirlwind, and Spikes/Taunt. I'd also recommend putting substitute over rock slide on Excadrill, because the only thing rock slide hits is lugia, and even then it'll be walling you anyway. With mold breaker, Excadrill can hit the Lati's hard with eq. Substitute also makes you immune to status, and the sub will always be able to live a dragon tail from defensive giratina.

Next, I noticed your team is walled pretty bad by ferrothorn. Sure, Palkia can 2hko physical variants in rain with Fire blast, but the rest of your team is walled pretty bad by it. To remedy this, I suggest replacing Outrage with Focus blast on zekrom, and changing its nature to rash, as this will always OHKO physically defensive variants after rocks and specially defensive variants will always be 2hko'd, even if hazards aren't down.

Giratina's main job is to spinblock, spread status, and attempt to check excadrill and extremekiller. However; since excadrill and extremekiller are already checked by skarm, and you already have two powerful dragons anyway, I think you should replace Giratina-O with CM arceus ghost. Sure, it misses out on the will-o-wisp, but it's a great spinblocker and gives you another super effective attack against ferrothorn. It can also sweep late game, and since you have plenty of powerful wallbreakers already, it would be an easy task.

Hope I helped :]

TL;DR
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks for the help, guys. But if I replace Giratina with Ghost Arceus, then I won't have the utility to revenge kill faster and frail opponents, especially Speed Boost Blaziken. I'll think about the other changes, though.

Years
  • You can change your palkia's set to scarf if you need a revenge killer, and speed boost blaziken is generally handled by your team anyway, but if giratina serves an important role, then keep it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • While it's true that giving Excadrill Sub gives it protection from status, I really like the coverage that Earthquake and Rock Slide provide together. Being walled by Lugia (and lol Thundurus) would totally suck, IMO.

Years
  • Excadrill is walled by lugia anyway, and thundurus isn't really seen that much but I can see your team having trouble with it(especially taunt twave variants). Personal preference if you want rick slide or sub, but I'd go with sub :]

Years
  • Just a slight fix because I don't have much time rn, but spikes should go over brave bird on skarmory. Brave bird won't be doing much damage anyway, and you can abuse the fact that you have a great spinblocker in arceus ghost by having both spikes and Sr.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just a slight fix because I don't have much time rn, but spikes should go over brave bird on skarmory. Brave bird won't be doing much damage anyway, and you can abuse the fact that you have a great spinblocker in arceus ghost by having both spikes and Sr.

Done and done. I'm also thinking about Toxic for some reason...

Back