• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Le-pug I want you to know this is my all time favorite ROM hack. However I am sad that you used Pokemon emerald as a base ROM because there is no rtc removal ips patch for emerald and the flash cart i'm using doesn't have a real time clock. As you are a vary talented ROM hacker is there anyway you could include compatibly with flash-carts without a real time clock in the ROM hack itself for those of us on flash carts as most modern GBA flash-carts have zero compatibility with games that require a real time clock. There could be 2 patches. 1.With RTC 2.Without RTC
    From playing the ROM hack on emulator it shouldn't effect game play as none of the events are time-based. Thanks for making such an awesome game! keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Le-pug I want you to know this is my all time favorite ROM hack. However I am sad that you used Pokemon emerald as a base ROM because there is no rtc removal ips patch for emerald and the flash cart i'm using doesn't have a real time clock. As you are a vary talented ROM hacker is there anyway you could include compatibly with flash-carts without a real time clock in the ROM hack itself for those of us on flash carts as most modern GBA flash-carts have zero compatibility with games that require a real time clock. There could be 2 patches. 1.With RTC 2.Without RTC
    From playing the ROM hack on emulator it shouldn't effect game play as none of the events are time-based. Thanks for making such an awesome game! keep up the good work!

Wouldn't that require converting the entire game has is to a different game version?

Last edited:

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Brilliant hack I really like the tilesets and Title Screen. The Ship scenario is pretty cool. The thunder falling. Really COOL. Good luck for future.

JustDutch101

JustDutch101
    Years
  • I'm almost going crazy trying to find an Emerald rom that works with this patch.. every rom I do gives me a white screen whenever I try to patch them. In the explain video he uses a rom I can't find anywhere. I've been so desperate I've been to the fifth google page for a rom (I also like to live dangerously xD). Anybody can help me find the right rom?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    If you use VBA, go to options < emulator < save type and select Flash 128k instead of 64k ;)

I had the same problem and now it's working fine !

Really love the rom btw, can't wait for the beta 2 release ! Really nice work there !

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I'mean really hoping this hack is not dead and we can get an update soon, this is one of my favorites hacks one the community. Hope you can finish it.

It isn't, I'm just busy on deployment and soon I'll actually be gone under da' sea for about three months so I'll have a lot of free time to dedicate to making the hack. If you liked beta 1, you'll like the new version. I revamped the entire intro. I've made a lot of custom tiles and since everything is going to GEN 4 overworld sprites, all the tiles are updated and look more pretty. The intro sequence, which is now finished, is about ten maps in length and about 20 minutes of gameplay filled with exciting events (and very long scripts like ... >200 lines each it seems like ;.;) but gives a great insight as to what the game is about and how it all starts and fits better than how I originally did the hack back when I was first starting out.

I know for some people this seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward but I'd rather have the game have more meaning, background, and better story than continuing on where I left off. It'll be better off that way when people can get immersed into the story quicker and love it more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    not working on any emerald roms that i downloaded.
    always failed to patch on NUPS

Years
  • I know for some people this seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward but I'd rather have the game have more meaning, background, and better story than continuing on where I left off. It'll be better off that way when people can get immersed into the story quicker and love it more.

Sounds fantastic to me.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2019
    Hey, i've been playing this hack beta one and it looks amazing, really loving the story line! The game has awesome mapping too! The only thing i'm not understanding is where do pokemon go when the party is full? Just did the helping Machoke Low quest, but since my party was full he is nowhere to be seen.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Hey, i've been playing this hack beta one and it looks amazing, really loving the story line! The game has awesome mapping too! The only thing i'm not understanding is where do pokemon go when the party is full? Just did the helping Machoke Low quest, but since my party was full he is nowhere to be seen.

If you go into berry city shortly after that part, you'll find the pokemon storage old man in the entrance to the right tower in the middle of the map

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Why is it when I played your hack when my umbreon fainted it turned into a fainted egg. And now its gone. Thats obviously a big bug that needs to be fixed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Firstly, this hack is amazeballs! I found this several months ago along with Pokemon Life and I do vaguely remember you saying that you quit and that people here were immature(?) (I don't know maybe I was dreaming....) But I love the plot and concept of decision based gameplay and as previously mentioned, "LOW". Keep up the great work~

Years
  • Like I said in your other hack, the layout is stunning and this hack is pure brillance, Le pug. Not only is it something different but it is based on where you are as a military man. Those screens Omg! I really love that video.

Back