• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    wow your working and still got some time to spare on the hack, i will support your hack man! ^^ because its good and i dont know, it nice, and i will wait for it to be perfect!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2022
    I really, really hope you can finish this, it's the best hack I've ever played! :D

Years
  • Its here! Its finally here! I've been away from the community for awhile due to my study but when im back le pug had uploaded the new version of discovery.

I'm playing the first bit of the game and i must say :
    1: Everything looks so great
    2: The day and night system is very appreciated.
    3: that early taco tho... yuuuummmmm. I dont remember there's a taco from the old version.
    Once again, thank you for your effort and i hope you can finish this hack. Now i want to relive the game and face the dark truth about the land.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • It brings me sadness to say this but my internal hard drive has died on me.
    What I have in Dropbox and my external is all I have left. I have no copies of the newest version of Discovery with massive amounts of work on it. Completely gone.
    With that information, most of you can understand why I am officially and sadly saying that Pokemon: Discovery has been cancelled.
    I was working hard on getting the newer version out to you guys with a revised story that was amazing in the works. I'm sorry you guys won't be able to see it. I know you would've loved it tenfold over this version.
    Thank you guys for all the support through the past three years I'm sorry I've been slow at this (in the navy so i've been gone for almost half of it) but regardless, I appreciate everyone's suggestions, criticism, and support for this project.
    If you would like to know how the game was to play out, feel free to PM and I'll tell you the story of the Survivor.
    Where does this leave me in the Rom Hack community? Well, it just might not. I have a daughter who is almost here. 1 month away to be exact. Though I intended to continue work on Discovery, that is no longer possible.
    I will have to come to a decision soon but it will either end in me retiring from romhacking or working on Fat Kid exclusively. The fanbase for that one isn't as big, though it does bring me joy to work on it and I do have backups of the latest Fat Kid.
    I'm sorry if I have disappointed anyone and I hope you can understand.
    Thanks.
    Signing off ...
    Le pug

Years
    What I have in Dropbox and my external is all I have left. I have no copies of the newest version of Discovery with massive amounts of work on it. Completely gone.
    With that information, most of you can understand why I am officially and sadly saying that Pokemon: Discovery has been cancelled.
    I was working hard on getting the newer version out to you guys with a revised story that was amazing in the works. I'm sorry you guys won't be able to see it. I know you would've loved it tenfold over this version.
    Thank you guys for all the support through the past three years I'm sorry I've been slow at this (in the navy so i've been gone for almost half of it) but regardless, I appreciate everyone's suggestions, criticism, and support for this project.
    If you would like to know how the game was to play out, feel free to PM and I'll tell you the story of the Survivor.
    Where does this leave me in the Rom Hack community? Well, it just might not. I have a daughter who is almost here. 1 month away to be exact. Though I intended to continue work on Discovery, that is no longer possible.
    I will have to come to a decision soon but it will either end in me retiring from romhacking or working on Fat Kid exclusively. The fanbase for that one isn't as big, though it does bring me joy to work on it and I do have backups of the latest Fat Kid.
    Thanks.
    Signing off ...
    Le pug

Upsetting news, but I can't imagine how it is for you. I'm sorry your hard work was lost, and I do appreciate you informing us. We may never see it, but thank you for your effort.

Years
    Thanks.
    Signing off ...
    Le pug

Awww, I was really looking forward to this but i understand the circumstances, even I would stop doing it if i had to start over and have other commitments. It was really devastating. I hope you have a happy life waiting and thanks for introducing discovery, it was really fun while it lasted.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    Ah, that does suck that you lost everything on it ;-; I hope you haven't touched the drive much since then...maybe there still is hope in data recovery even though it costs quite a pretty penny.

In any case, congratulations on your new daughter! :D Thank you for providing this to us!

Years
  • I think his decision is correct one as he clearly mentions his strong reason.

But! I do request to know the whole story!! we played the beta 1, and the story was so far really great.

I hope you could only write the whole story if you can.I believe this hack even would not able to told us the whole story of what you planned.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    It brings me sadness to say this but my internal hard drive has died on me.
    Thanks.
    Signing off ...
    Le pug

Oh, Le pug, the pain you deal to my heart, what a blow. I understand your blight, but I have so been excited for this game, more than any other hack, I will weep for the loss of this game. I support Fat Kid, and hope you continue that. I can only hope that it will be as good as (or better) than Discovery.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    Man, it must feel bad that your hack is gone. Years of work suddenly gone. This hack looked really good.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I will be leaving soon for yet another deployment. With this, I only want to say that in the past two months without Discovery I have been saddened by my loss.

Money is not a concern for me but the price of hard drive recovery is. I have to decide if this is worth upwards of $700 to recover. A ROMhack. Damn straight if I do recover it, $700 is going to put me into work overdrive to finish it since I would then have invested so much.

For the time being, I have nothing but my previous backup Pokemon folder which houses the most recent Pokemon Fat Kid. As previously stated, it is all I have now. I intend to work on that while I am deployed but I also will be doing something else.

I think I'm gonna do it.

Yeah ... crazy, I know. You may like the ROMhack but really ... that's all it is. But the work I've put into it .... going on four years ... I don't want to let it go. It is a great hobby and it is something fun to do. It beats playing video games.

I know where I left off in my progress of the new version of Discovery so I intend to try and build from that point on in the story and in scripts and placeholder maps. Then when I come home, I'll make a final decision as to if I am going to pay to get the hack restored.

Until then, I'm sorry this hack has been a rollercoaster. Time is fast and I can't believe four years is coming up. I mean, I even have a daughter now! Thank you to all who have liked the hack in the past and thank you for your continuous efforts and praise for it.

Years
  • I will be leaving soon for yet another deployment. With this, I only want to say that in the past two months without Discovery I have been saddened by my loss.

Money is not a concern for me but the price of hard drive recovery is. I have to decide if this is worth upwards of $700 to recover. A ROMhack. Damn straight if I do recover it, $700 is going to put me into work overdrive to finish it since I would then have invested so much.

For the time being, I have nothing but my previous backup Pokemon folder which houses the most recent Pokemon Fat Kid. As previously stated, it is all I have now. I intend to work on that while I am deployed but I also will be doing something else.

I think I'm gonna do it.

Yeah ... crazy, I know. You may like the ROMhack but really ... that's all it is. But the work I've put into it .... going on four years ... I don't want to let it go. It is a great hobby and it is something fun to do. It beats playing video games.

I know where I left off in my progress of the new version of Discovery so I intend to try and build from that point on in the story and in scripts and placeholder maps. Then when I come home, I'll make a final decision as to if I am going to pay to get the hack restored.

Until then, I'm sorry this hack has been a rollercoaster. Time is fast and I can't believe four years is coming up. I mean, I even have a daughter now! Thank you to all who have liked the hack in the past and thank you for your continuous efforts and praise for it.

Whatever you decide, I will respect your decision.

GreatFlameFTW

Kamehameha!
    Years
  • This game was one if my favourite games. I would like to know the story. Dont invest money fixing it. It costs a lot. And I am glad Fat Kid is working.

#Discoverwillremainfavorite

Back