• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a Partner Trainer

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
  • Hey guys, i'm kind of a n00b when It comes to Essentials, but I want to make a partner trainer script (in which another trainer follows you around and all the battles become double battles) I used this: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Partner_trainer at first, but I didn't really get it, would anyone have a template or something that I could use? Or could they just simplify it for me? So sorry for the n00b question!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::HOOPYTRAINER,"Zaphod",0)

Is the only thing you need to do, this is the trainer you want to use in the PBS file, trainers.txt, simple enough.

Kernel.pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"Dave",42)

Is the only thing you need for the specific event to follow you.

Double battles will be automatic providing you add the first part.

Years
  • You can also find one of these events already made on the Route 3 that comes with Essentials. This event in particular lets Brendan follow you around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2018
    As the people above mention, there's an event already set in there. I tested it with following pokemon script and it is working just fine.

Years
    • Seen today
    I know it's too late but I would like to know if there is a way to make it show a text when talking to the partner

Well, just for the future, you should make a new thread instead of bringing up an old one. (2 years!)

As for making text when you talk to the partner, the example maps have an example of that!
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Partner_trainer#Dependent_events
    The gist of it though is when you call Kernel.pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"Dave",42), the third argument, the 42, is the common event id in the database. After that, it's just a matter of eventing with a Show Text.

Check it out though, Route 3 in the example maps (map id 31) has a Brendan dependent event. It links up to common event 2.

Back