• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Syncro Evolution

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Hi, today I wanna question you: can I put a new type of megaevolution without removing it?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So, if I understand your question, you want to make your own version of Mega evolution?
    Well, first things first, you should know Ruby and RGSS, this isn't the kind of thing you just jump into without knowing what you're diving in.
    Now Mega evolution is basically a form change, so this Syncro evolution should have basically the same methods as the Mega Evolution ones, so a hasSyncroForm?,isSyncro?,makeSyncro,makeUnsyncro,syncroName, and probably a modification to megaMessage to say that the pokemon Syncro evolved instead.
    Then you just need to search for all of the usages of the original method and add yours in with them.

It's a lot of work. Seriously. If you don't have a clue on where to start, practice on something smaller, because this is really big, and I know, because I tried to make Burst Evolution when I barely knew Ruby, it was a painful failure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Well, it seems dificult but I will do it. So, how can I do this: when the player sent out the Pok?mon that can Syncro Evolve, he can Syncro Evolve the Pok?mon when he like but without holding an item? Can I do this? And how?~_~

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did some digging, and this is the result!
    First make your own version of def pbCanMegaEvolve?, doing the checks for Syncro, specifically
    Code:
    return false if !@battlers[index].hasMega?
    You must have that in it's Syncro method. Make your own version of the mega methods in PokeBattle_Battler, and finally in Pokemon_MegaEvolution, make your versions of the mega methods there. Next, when you define a "getSyncroForm" function for your pokemon, you must always return a number.
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:POKEMON,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1
    }
    That's the most basic form, the pokemon can transform if the function returns a number.

Back