• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OS Ash vs BW Ash Who's The Better Trainer

Who's Better?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    And I mean both OS and BW Ash at there peak.

And for OS Ash its Kanto+OI+Johto

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    OS Ash was much better and interesting then the AG Ash/DP Ash/BW Ash put together.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2017
    OS Ash for me, BW Ash lost to basically two Pokemon against Cameron which was embarrassing. Any other Ash would have won that battle with wits.

Years
  • Since this includes Johto Ash, I voted for OS Ash. Had it been only Kanto Ash, then I probably would've voted for BW Ash, even if he was indeed awful.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Problem with Original series Ash is that he has the habit of releasing his powerful pokemon or leaving them in training.

If i can pretend that those never happened then OS Ash would win against BW Ash.

However if OS Ash, without Charizard and others that were left in training/released, then BW Ash would win.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Problem with Original series Ash is that he has the habit of releasing his powerful pokemon or leaving them in training.

If i can pretend that those never happened then OS Ash would win against BW Ash.

However if OS Ash, without Charizard and others that were left in training/released, then BW Ash would win.

OS Ash is Kanto+OI+Jotho so he still has stronger pokemon than BW Ash.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    OS Ash is Kanto+OI+Jotho so he still has stronger pokemon than BW Ash.
    If that means Ash no longer has Charizard and others, then OS Ash would lose. His johto team is not good enough against BW team in my opinion.

Years
  • BW Ash for me.

If this is Indigo League Ash, then he has no chance imo. Charizard wouldn't obey him to start with. BW Pikachu> OS Pikachu
    Unfezant=Pidgeot
    Squirtle>Oshawott
    Pignite>Bulbasaur
    Muk>Snivy
    Krookdile>OS Charizard (Even if Charizard obeys Ash, Krookdile still wins.)

Now if this is BW Ash vs OS Johto Ash then the latter stomps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    BW Ash for me.

If this is Indigo League Ash, then he has no chance imo. Charizard wouldn't obey him to start with. BW Pikachu> OS Pikachu
    Unfezant=Pidgeot
    Squirtle>Oshawott
    Pignite>Bulbasaur
    Muk>Snivy
    Krookdile>OS Charizard (Even if Charizard obeys Ash, Krookdile still wins.)

Now if this is BW Ash vs OS Johto Ash then the latter stomps.

For OS Ash its Kanto+OI+Johto

Years
  • For OS Ash its Kanto+OI+Johto
    Oh, you didn't specify so I wasn't sure, lol.
    I clearly said OS johto Ash wins then since he can access his strongest Pokemon from Kanto. Although he wins he'll have a hard time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    It means he has access to every Pokemon he caught from those three regions.

If that means Ash no longer has Charizard and others, then OS Ash would lose. His johto team is not good enough against BW team in my opinion.

His Johto team is really good battlers and i'm sure they would win against the Unova team. OS Ash grow as a really strong Pokemon trainer and that's because he train in two regions instead of one. Kanto/Johto did his character justice, Hoenn/Sinnoh turn him into a battle drone without any good character development.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It means he has access to every Pokemon he caught from those three regions.
    Except that when he is in Johto, he has a team of unevolved Johto. The rest are either released, in training or at oaks lab.

His Johto team is really good battlers and i'm sure they would win against the Unova team. OS Ash grow as a really strong Pokemon trainer and that's because he train in two regions instead of one. Kanto/Johto did his character justice, Hoenn/Sinnoh turn him into a battle drone without any good character development.
    The johto team is a joke. None are fully evolved. Ash has at least three fully evolved Unova pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Except that when he is in Johto, he has a team of unevolved Johto. The rest are either released, in training or at oaks lab.

The johto team is a joke. None are fully evolved. Ash has at least three fully evolved Unova pokemon.

1. That only means that he needs to access the rest via whoever's training them or Oaks Lab to get them, and do I really have to remind you that one of Ash's Pokemon in Unova was explicitly one of those "in training" Pokemon, Charizard?

2. Ah, so? Ash's Kanto team was largely left unevolved as well, with only Charizard and possibly Kingler actually fully evolving. I don't recall evolution being a reason to assume they must be better. And for the record, OS includes not just Johto, but also the Orange Islands and Kanto. And overall, another reason why OS is better is because we actually SEE Ash progress, unlike Unova where he if anything regressed.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    1. That only means that he needs to access the rest via whoever's training them or Oaks Lab to get them, and do I really have to remind you that one of Ash's Pokemon in Unova was explicitly one of those "in training" Pokemon, Charizard?

2. Ah, so? Ash's Kanto team was largely left unevolved as well, with only Charizard and possibly Kingler actually fully evolving. I don't recall evolution being a reason to assume they must be better. And for the record, OS includes not just Johto, but also the Orange Islands and Kanto. And overall, another reason why OS is better is because we actually SEE Ash progress, unlike Unova where he if anything regressed.
    Well i have a different view on the matter. If OS Ash uses a team of Pikachu, Charizard, Snorelax, Kingler and Muk then he would win. However that is simply my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Well i have a different view on the matter. If OS Ash uses a team of Pikachu, Charizard, Snorelax, Kingler and Muk then he would win. However that is simply my opinion.

The Johto team is not a joke. The Johto was unevolved for a good reason, it was to show that Ash can raise strong Pokemon without them having to evolve, the Johto team did have some really great battling time, they were pretty strong. The Kanto team was also unevolved and they turn out to be really good battlers, the OS wasn't about evolving every single Pokemon, it was to show how good a Pokemon trainer can raise Pokemon and bond with them, that's one of the reasons why the OS was consider to be the best.

The only pokemon that did evolve in the OS was Charizard, Kingler, and Bayleef.

OS help Ash character to developed perfectly well, Sinnoh didn't do Ash's character any justice since he only developed in one region instead of two regions.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The Johto team is not a joke. The Johto was unevolved for a good reason, it was to show that Ash can raise strong Pokemon without them having to evolve, the Johto team did have some really great battling time, they were pretty strong. The Kanto team was also unevolved and they turn out to be really good battlers, the OS wasn't about evolving every single Pokemon, it was to show how good a Pokemon trainer can raise Pokemon and bond with them, that's one of the reasons why the OS was consider to be the best.

The only pokemon that did evolve in the OS was Charizard, Kingler, and Bayleef.

It was only my opinion. To me, Johto was not good. You forgot that Ash fully evolved Caterpie although it is released.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019

It was only my opinion. To me, Johto was not good. You forgot that Ash fully evolved Caterpie although it is released.

That is your opinion. To me his Johto team was good. I kinda forgot he did have a fully evolved Butterfree but he let it go so it could mate. He did caught Pokemon in their evolve forms Pidgeotto, exempt Muk and Primeape were already fully evolved when Ash caught them. Pidgeotto was caught in it's middle stage and it evolved into Pidgeot to protect the Pidgeys and Pidgeottos, after that it left Ash's team for good.

Last edited:
    Back