• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Johto's starters; Take Your Pick :)

Which is your favourite Johto Starter?

• Chikorita-->Bayleef-->Meganium

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Cyndaquil-->Quilava-->Typhlosion

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Totodile-->Croconaw-->Feraligatr

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • My first (and favorite) Pokémon game ever was Pokémon Crystal Version on the Game Boy Color. My first ever Starter Pokémon ever (and favorite Johto Starter) was Cyndaquil. Here's hoping for a MegaTyphlosion.

Shitik

Generic Bio
    Years
  • I've mostly always gone with the Fire types. They seem to be the strongest. (That means Cyndaquil)

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I always tend to choose fire types, so that means Cyndaquil. {:3}

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    The Cyndaquil line is my favourite, it was my first johto starter aswell, Totodile line comes second, I don't like the Chicorita line much.

Seelgong

Bwark! That one Artist!
    Years
  • I honestly can't decide, since they all dont seem interesting to me. But, I would choose Chikorita. It's a grass type, and I sort of have a thing for grass types, heh. I love grass types, and they're good for healing and special attack. It has a really cute design, even if its weak to the first few gyms.

Years
  • It's between Cyndaquil and Totodile but Totodile wins because I love Totodile and Feralligatr :)

I'd pick either of the two and rarely Chikorita because, being around 12 or so at the time, I found their evolutions to look cooler xD Hell, I still do even today :P

Years
  • Cyndaquil is probably my fave here. I used it in Soul Silver (okay it's a remake but still Johto nonetheless) and I liked how simple its evolution line's design was, on top of how helpful it was on my team through the main game.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    All three of them stand out quite well each has a unique design that gives it that starter Pokemon charm. But of all three I love Cyndaquil most! It was the first starter of the three that I picked and it's so darn cute while being super strong. I always want to just train it and prevent it from evolving just to keep it as a Cyndaquil! And it reminds me of Charmander for some reason which I never got from any of the other fire type starter Pokemon. Cyndaquil will always be my number one Johto Pokemon!

Years
  • All three of them stand out quite well each has a unique design that gives it that starter Pokemon charm. But of all three I love Cyndaquil most! It was the first starter of the three that I picked and it's so darn cute while being super strong. I always want to just train it and prevent it from evolving just to keep it as a Cyndaquil! And it reminds me of Charmander for some reason which I never got from any of the other fire type starter Pokemon. Cyndaquil will always be my number one Johto Pokemon!

It's so nice that in Sun & Moon, all the Johto (and Unova) starters can be obtained as Island Scan Pokemon. You could have a Cyndaquil pretty much early on in your Alolan journey!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I honestly love them all :(

Like from the start it was always tough to pick because I have fond memories of all. I'm pretty sure I did start with Chikorita though! But seriously they've perfect. I love them all.

Years
  • I usually choose the water starter (except for unova :p), so my favorite is Totodile. He was also pretty handy at taking down Lance's Dragonites with Ice Punch/Ice Fang.

Back