• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen My Abnormally Lucky Silver Version

Years
  • So about a week ago, I had purchased a Pokemon Silver cartridge for a retro video game store with a new save battery placed in it, which was pretty amazing.

I started playing the game and everything was normal up until the route before Violet City, in which I came across a shiny Rattata! I obviously caught it and gave it the roll of my HM Slave in my team! ;)

Fast forward a few days, and I just got my 7th gym badge, and it was Saturday... Bug Catching Contest Time! I was looking for a Scyther, so when I caught one I was on my way to leave when I encountered a pokemon, which turned out to be a shiny Venonat! I almost failed to capture it, but I succeeded, leaving me with a silly grin on my face. ^_^

Fast forward another few days to today, were I'm hunting for a Chansey to trade for an Aerodactyl. I finally find one, but when I check its stats, I notice it has a held item. It was a Lucky Egg! This totally unexpected item will come to great use in training my team for Red, and also training my shinies!

The last event that had happened was just a few hours later as I was grinding in Mt. Silver. For some reason, I decided to look at my teams progress in their stats, and as I was looking, I noticed that their status all said "Pokerus." Lets just say... I flipped out. o_O

Due to all this stuff that has happened in my game in the span of about a week made me feel all giddy inside, and that's why I decided to post these events on the community. I hope to use my shinies for shiny breeding later on, so maybe I'll update this in the future. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    That's pretty incredible. I would get the Pokerus a lot in the older games but I never knew what it was or how rare it was.

Years
  • Its been a little while, buts that's due to the lack of interesting things happening in my game. But that's besides the point now, because some things have happened during the last week or two.

First of all, I love collecting and filling up my Pokedex, and due to the things that have happened in my copy of Silver, I decided to dedicate the next month or two in completing the Dex. But there was one problem, I couldn't trade... so I bought a GBC Link Cable!

The interesting pokemon I've acquired through trade include the Kanto and Jhoto starters, the legendary bird trio, Mewtwo, and the most special of all... Mew! At this rate, I will technically have every single pokemon in Gen 2 except for Celebi.

The final thing I have for update right now has to do with, yet ANOTHER, shiny!!! It actually just happened a few minutes ago, but I was training on Mt. Silver, and I just happened to run into a shiny Golbat! I was low on Ultra Balls, but I was fortunate to catch it quickly! I named it GREEN! in reference to my sisters first shiny pokemon, which was a Zubat in Pokemon Pearl.
    And yes, I know that shiny Crobat is pink, but my sister didn't know back then, and obviously she can't rename it now.

Welp, that's all I've got today. For the next few days of my life, I'm going to be money grinding at the Elite Four to have enough to buy all the vitamins to evolve that Golbat quickly...

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    On my old Silver (before the battery went) I had like 6 shinys all from the bug catching contests haha. Glad you're getting good luck :>

Years
  • Ya Scoot is amazing he's on my NL town. Idk if Golduck is cool enough to be named Scoot though. Maybe Farfetch'd

I need Scoot's Amiibo card so bad, I wanna move him in. I agree though, Golduck ain't one of my faves. Sorry Golduck fans. :(

Golduck isn't the BEST pokemon, but it isn't the WORST. I just thought that since I got a shiny duck pokemon, I might as well name it Scoot!
    But yeah, Scoot is one of my all time favorite villagers in Animal Crossing. He's just a cute little flabby duck that likes to work out, which is adorable! Zip Zoom! :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I picked up X after a long hiatus (since gen 3) and I caught the first Venipede that jumped out of the bushes outside the palace. I boxed it and didn't give it a second though until I was going through my Pokedex, in awe of the 3D graphics, and happened to realize it was a shiny! During that playthrough my team also caught Pokerus.
    Then when I played White, I caught a shiny Mienfoo and a shiny Ditto while grinding, during normal gameplay
    And then my DexNav found a shiny voltorb in AS! It's funny how apart from venipede all my shinies are blue

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Super lucky! I only got the Odd Egg but no other 'real shinies other than Gyarados which also doesn't count!

I picked up X after a long hiatus (since gen 3) and I caught the first Venipede that jumped out of the bushes outside the palace. I boxed it and didn't give it a second though until I was going through my Pokedex, in awe of the 3D graphics, and happened to realize it was a shiny! During that playthrough my team also caught Pokerus.
    Then when I played White, I caught a shiny Mienfoo and a shiny Ditto while grinding, during normal gameplay
    And then my DexNav found a shiny voltorb in AS! It's funny how apart from venipede all my shinies are blue

You didn't even notice?! Did you have a copy of G/S/C? If you did you might have a shiny sitting there you might not even KNOW about. Always pays to check ;)

Back