• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Why Disney Channel Has No Longer Broadcast Any Classic Fleischer Cartoons as It Used to Do

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    As I was younger, I've watched classic Fleischer cartoons that were broadcast by Disney Channel, but on both its former anthology TV series, Donald Duck Presents and Quack Attack. So right now, this channel has no longer broadcasts any of them all as it used to do, but it's a long time ago. So, I wonder why you think? Please let me know, thanks.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • I can think of a couple reasons:

1. Because Disney can't anymore because of how sanitized children's TV in this day and age has to be, and 30s cartoons are pretty edgy by today's standards. Back then, cartoons were for adults and therefore had more disturbing imagery than today's children's media. Disney Channel markets itself as "that thing you can put on to make your kids stop bothering you" and parents would complain if suddenly a show straight up portraying hell (and explicitly telling you it's hell) would ruffle the feathers of some parents.

2. Kids could see old black and white cartoons as "for old people". Kids like bright colors, this is a fact. No kid is going to sit down and watch Bimbo's Initiation (also they would probably run out of the room crying because the one is one hell of a freaky cartoon, which goes back to my first point). They simply wouldn't care, it would be boring to them. Like an old movie. Someone like me can sit down and appreciate and enjoy a movie like North by Northwest (even though NBN is in color), a child wouldn't they would just think it's a "grandpa movie".

With that being said though, they could show old cartoons at midnight when all the kids are asleep.

Back