• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lv.100 Shiny Yveltal [Closed; resolved]

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
So I received an English Lv.100 Shiny Yveltal within a Cherish Ball from a giveaway some time ago and I'm starting to question it's legitimacy.

Can anyone help confirm this?

Last edited:
Years
the only Shiny Kalos legend (Yveltal and Xerneas) can only be obtained through Pokemon XY&Z present which of course in Cherish Ball. it's level 100 with Japanese name, with trainer name XY&Z, ID 11055. if i'm not mistaken, its moves are Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play. you can check at Serebii's event database. oh yeah, if there is no classic ribbon attached to it, i believe it's a hack.
http://serebii.net/events/dex/717.shtml

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
it's level 100 with Japanese name

Thanks for the response.
The only problem is that the name is in English and not Japanese, and I'm positive you cannot change event Pokémon's names through legitimate means.

So am I right to assume this is a hack?

Years
Thanks for the response.
The only problem is that the name is in English and not Japanese, and I'm positive you cannot change event Pokémon's names through legitimate means.

So am I right to assume this is a hack?
yes. you can't change event pokemon name whose trainer names weren't you. i think, unfortunately, it is a hacked one since you will never get shiny on Kalos legends in the game since all of them are shiny locked, and i believe you can't find either Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde outside pokemon X and Y.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Ah, that's a shame. Hacks are as good to me as they are released. Guess I'll be releasing it on my lunch break!

Thanks for the help.

#BoycottHacks

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Any Pokémon obtained through events are legitimate, I'd say. If they're from GTS, however, then that might be a different story.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Any Pokémon obtained through events are legitimate, I'd say. If they're from GTS, however, then that might be a different story.

I'm pretty confident now that it's a hack. It has a Kalos pentagon, and says it was encountered in Hoenn. Acts like an event Pokémon but as sater stated the only obtainable Lv.100 shiny Yveltal was via a Japanese event, and this Yveltal has an English name.

Yveltal to be released; all those in favour say 'Aye!'

:t079:
Aye!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'm pretty confident now that it's a hack. It has a Kalos pentagon, and says it was encountered in Hoenn. Acts like an event Pokémon but as sater stated the only obtainable Lv.100 shiny Yveltal was via a Japanese event, and this Yveltal has an English name.

Yveltal to be released; all those in favour say 'Aye!'

:t079:
Aye!

FIRST AND FOREMOST!! Everyone needs to calm down about the names! Correct, you CAN'T change an event pokemon name, HOWEVER, all event pokemon in 6th gen CAN be in ANY language at all. This is how:

You are in Japan (for example) the events given out are all in Japanese so all Japanese games receive that event in Japanse. The operative words being "Japanese games" because if you're an English game (set the game's language to English when you started the game) and are in Japan and get that event, that event's name, and absolutely every other event's name will always be in English, or German, or Italian or whatever the game's default language was set at. It doesn't matter what country you're in when you get it, it doesn't matter what language the console is in, or what country you're from, whatever language you set the game to when you start the game will be what every single event you get for that game will always be in. So if you get a Japanese event pokemon but the game that got it was set to English, the name of the pokemon will be in English. So don't determine a pokemon's legitimacy by the name, because the name of every event can always be in any of the support languages.

jagjaguwar

Slowpokérus
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
So don't determine a pokemon's legitimacy by the name, because the name of every event can always be in any of the support languages.

Thanks for the response. This is new information to me so that's good!

With the name part debunked, it still makes no sense how it was from the Hoenn region. I eventually got rid of the Pokémon since even the slight feel of illegitimacy is wrong to me.

Thanks all that responded! Case closed!

Back