• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightey

The Night Owl
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    I have one suggestion.. Maybe it should be a red gyaradous in the Misty event.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • I have a few questions:
    1. will shiny pokemon be in?
    2. will Missingno. (yes, the r/b glitch pokemon) be in?
    3. will the daycare be in; if so, is it the single pokemon one or the breeding one?
    4. since this is a long game, will pokemon grow to levels higher than 100?
    5. will xd001 (shadow lugia) be in?
    6. will any shadow pokemon be in?
    7. will there be pokemon contests?
    8. will there be "roaming" pokemon?
    9. will flying/surfing pikachu be in?
    10. will hold items be in?
    11. are you still reading this?
    12. are there TMs and HMs? if so, what HMs are in?
    13. will the shadow moves be in (ie shadow rush, shadow rave, etc.)
    14. Is there a new evil team?
    15. will there be a "game corner"?
    16. will there be a choice of gender?
    17. How will trade evolving pokemon evolve?

1 Yes
    2 No
    3 We are still discussing this.
    4 We are also still discussing the level cap.
    5 No
    6 No
    7 Quite honestly, I dont know =b
    8 Most likely, as they will be parts of the events that take place
    9 No
    10 Yes
    11 SKIP
    12 Right now, all of them, except DP generation HMs
    13 We actually havent taking that topic into consideration yet
    14 Ummmm. Team rocket = evil team in the anime......so NO
    15 Definently
    16 At the moment, no. Later on, most likely
    17 We are thinking of ways to make it so you can trade them to and fro with NPC traders in game to evolve them.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Read the bold.
    I have a few questions:
    will shiny pokemon be in? Yes
    will Missingno. (yes, the r/b glitch pokemon) be in? Yes, but I'll ignore you if you ask me about how this will work
    will the daycare be in; if so, is it the single pokemon one or the breeding one? Yes, but the code is glitchy so we don't know how it's going to work
    since this is a long game, will pokemon grow to levels higher than 100? No, and we have other plans for the level cap. Don't ask about it
    will xd001 (shadow lugia) be in? No
    will any shadow pokemon be in? No
    will there be pokemon contests? No, it's too difficult to program them
    will there be "roaming" pokemon? We're not sure yet
    will flying/surfing pikachu be in? Yes, but don't ask about it
    will hold items be in? They already are
    are you still reading this? Unfortunately, yes
    are there TMs and HMs? if so, what HMs are in? We will have a final design in the future
    will the shadow moves be in (ie shadow rush, shadow rave, etc.) Probably
    Is there a new evil team? No, and there are no plans for one
    will there be a "game corner"? Yes, but we need to finish scripting
    will there be a choice of gender? No, because the story is set up for a male protagonist
    How will trade evolving pokemon evolve? Level or stone

sorry about all the questions, I usually stick to the rom hacking section, and don't know what features are usually in the fan games

If I tell you not to ask about something, it either means we're not sure about what we'll do, or we have a plan and we're keeping it secret for now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    How do u get to valencia? =O
    i looked through the threads and it suggests i need to go to viridian forrest to find that girl... but i cant find her.. majorly stuck and would appreciate help <3

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out ^_^ i should have tried talking to people in there first before i asked for help. <3

Years
  • One word, WOW, thius is exactly wat i have been looking for as a pokemon fan and i would love to be a supporter. one question though, how far into the game does demo 1.3 go?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    20+ hours ;)

i dont suppose theres anyway to make a pokémon follow u is there?
    i loved that feature in yellow, and it would be extra awsome if you could implement it into HOF =)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • 20+ hours ;)

i loved that feature in yellow, and it would be extra awsome if you could implement it into HOF =)

Well this is a very interesting feature and actually I've already been thinking about the possibility. The idea is to have the first pokemon in your team to follow you if its size is smaller than 2'00". There might be a few exceptions since Shellder apparently can't follow the player despite at size 1'00", while Bulbasaur and Chikorita should be able to follow the player even though they are bigger. I'm not sure when the script will be added to enable this feature and all I can tell you is that it won't be available in next release(Pkmn HOF v1.4).

tis looks promising.i WANT TO SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY

Thank you very much for the support, I really appreciate it. I'm sure you will be interested in the orange islands storyline and hope you enjoy playing this game.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • HOF, canya post some screenies of the game with the redone maps?

Well I'm not planning to do this until the revamp project is 100% completed. As I said before, the graphics will be considerably different in the summer release.

How far I can get in this beta from January 2009 ?

The entire south Orange islands is accessible in Version 1.3.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • 20+ hours ;)

It's programmable, yes, but it would be a huge pain to program. It would also cause an insane amount of clutter in the form of sprites and code. Besides, scripting and getting graphics together would take a team of scripters and spriters several months to do, and we would have to do it for EVERY Pokémon.

The answer is no, we will never do this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    Hi!
    I've downloaded and extract the archive, but when i double-click Game.exe appeare this: "RGSS Player has stopped working". It's a pity that i can't play: it seem to be a wonderful game!

PS: I use windows vista.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • Vista, aw dude. I'm not COMPLETELY sure, but try this;
    right click on the Game.exe.
    then go to properties
    then go to Compatibility
    then click run as
    then coose Windows XP (Service pack 2)

thatsould work, but i'm not sure.

This tutorial was by Glitch finder, however, its for RMXP, not the games;
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    Vista, aw dude. I'm not COMPLETELY sure, but try this;
    right click on the Game.exe.
    then go to properties
    then go to Compatibility
    then click run as
    then coose Windows XP (Service pack 2)

thatsould work, but i'm not sure.

This tutorial was by Glitch finder, however, its for RMXP, not the games;
    Spoiler:

I've already try out this, but the problem remains.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • It's programmable, yes, but it would be a huge pain to program. It would also cause an insane amount of clutter in the form of sprites and code. Besides, scripting and getting graphics together would take a team of scripters and spriters several months to do, and we would have to do it for EVERY Pokémon.

The answer is no, we will never do this.

Well it's not that good to reject such a nice suggestion. I talked to Zerro and he told me it's not gonna be hard to script at all. I remember Imtheomega made a similar script for his game before, even though Pikachu was the only pokemon who could follow the player. We don't have to make sprites for every pokemon, just a few of them who can technically follow the players. Pokemon like Onix are apparently not applicable in this case.

BTW, can you not reply to the posts I've already responded to?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    JesusLuvsU said:
    20+ hours ;)

Hey, that's a really cute idea. :) A lot of the sprites already exist from the Mystery Dungeon games, too, but then there's a problem if they'll fit or not. I really liked that feature about Yellow, it gave the game a lot of personality.

And hey, Moose, chill out. There's no need to bite somebody's head off for offering a good suggestion to make the game better. :\

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
  • Hey Hall of Famer First of all Awsome game, and Secondly I can do some Spriting for like making the main character look like ash or i can get you Diamond/pearl/platinum overworlds and sprites

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back