• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quarantine Advance?

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • It doesn't seem like anything ever came from my thread a year or so (?) ago so I'll just resort to another thread.

Seems this community is really dead (who is still here?) but I was peaking into some replay threads on Smogon in the eternal boredom of self-isolation and found some interesting changes to the ADV OU metagame since I last even watched a battle, let alone played it. Advance has always been one of the best generations for OU and if anyone would be down to do weekly mini tournaments or something I'd be as well. It's reasonably easy to pick up and play at an adequate level.

I don't know if anyone is even still here but a group of ~6 of us would probably be a minimum to make it interesting/worthwhile. I would only ask to express interest if you're actually going to follow through and play on a semi-regular basis. If the group is small enough we could block out an hour or so of time each week and do all of our matches then.

Resource

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, Anti. You might not really know me since I started being active on PokéCommunity around the time you stepped down.

Although relatively unfamiliar with the tier, I've always been fairly interested in ADV since it was just so much different from the other generations that I played (keep in mind I'm mostly a new gen battler). I'd definitely be down joining a group (if you'd have me) and just having other battlers to talk to. Hopefully I can also hone my own style a bit more, as I definitely need to manage resources and play more patient.

I do get some anxiety when scheduling for tournament but if this is entirely casual then I don't really think it will be much of an issue. I'd really like to just learn more about the tier, discussing cool teams, and trying out some weird techs.

Years
  • I'm not very familiar with the ADV OU meta, and I'm not really a huge fan of the post physical/special split gameplay. That being said, if this is going to be a fairly light commitment I'd be up for giving it a go.

Back