• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Pika Yellow

Years
  • Hello there. I'm blazefire111 and I was thinking about making a Pokemon Yellow Remake. The problem is I have never made a game before and would like some tips and suggestions. I have the program Advance Map and have only played around with it and not done any scripting at all. The big question is... What is scripting? How do you do it?

Any way, any help will be appreciated and I would love to get around making this game... Oh yea... It will be a hack of Pokemon: Fire Red if that helps.

EDIT: Another thing I don't know how too do. Importing tilesets. Zel's Shiny Gold has cool tilesets and I want to incorperate them in my game. How do you import them?

I know this is a lot to ask but I would be grateful... Name is kinda lame though... New names would help...

Well, OK I'll try.

Story:
    Just like every Pokemon game designed by Nintendo, you are a young eager boy going for your first Pokemon. Which happens to be Pikachu. However along the way Team Rocket's Jesse and James want your Pikachu and it is your job to keep it from harm.

Also you will take the Gym challenges in Kanto and Johto. (New Feature) That's just the basic story but hey... there will be extras like:

Features:
    - The Johto Region.
    - Cool Tilesets (If I get permission and learn how to add them)
    - Rival from D/P and G/S.
    - More Trainer Battles
    - And many more!

Of course this will take time and I will need help. I can map, but scripting is going to be a problem. So any questions... Just ask!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well, to import Zel-sempai's tileset, first you need to ask him for permission. Also, scripting is, IMO, the most important part of a hack. It's the event's. It's the battles. It's the talking, it's alot of stuff, I'm an adept scripter myself, so if you have any questions about scripting, I'm here to help :).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    You need a storyline and features of your hack project or else this thread's gonna be closed~

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Well, OK I'll try.

Story:
    Just like every Pokemon game designed by Nintendo, you are a young eager boy going for your first Pokemon. Which happens to be Pikachu. However along the way Team Rocket's Jesse and James want your Pikachu and it is your job to keep it from harm.

Also you will take the Gym challenges in Kanto and Johto. (New Feature) That's just the basic story but hey... there will be extras like:

Features:
    - The Johto Region.
    - More Trainer Battles
    - And many more!

Of course this will take time and I will need help. I can map, but scripting is going to be a problem. So any questions... Just ask!

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry about the double post... Will try in future not too.

Hacking isn't easy so try get lots of people on board!!

Also you may need to put this post up to the original one just so nobody bypasses it!!

But i wish you the best of luck and have a look at the other yellow remakes to see what you're up against!

Good luck!

Years
  • Well thanks guys for your support. I will move my previous post up to the original one so people don't close the thread right away. I don't expect everyone to like my work and such... I still am new to this so cut me some slack please. I would be grateful.

Oh yea thanks GavZ for the help checking now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Features:
    - The Johto Region.
    - More Trainer Battles
    - And many more!

You said it yourself that you just started hacking, let me give you hints.
    1) Scripting is one of the hardest parts, but if you keep trying you'll get better.
    2) Inserting a whole new region is hard, while also keeping the previous region. I would just stick with the Kanto region at first.
    3) The game will look more original with your own tileset and Zel hasn't been around for more than a month, so it will be unlikely you'll get his permission.
    4) Trainer battles require long scripts.
    5) Do not give up.

Years
  • LOL! Looks like I have GAVE UP! I really couldn't get the hang of A-Map so yea... There is no Pokemon Pika Yellow. Maybe at a later date but not right now... anyway... that is it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    LOL! Looks like I have GAVE UP! I really couldn't get the hang of A-Map so yea... There is no Pokemon Pika Yellow. Maybe at a later date but not right now... anyway... that is it!

Hacking is hard without a team I guess, but since you gave up to help me. Why don't you ask a moderator to close this thread?

Back