• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Umbreon and Espeon!

Espeon or Umbreon?

• Total voters

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I adore Umbreon's design, but the Dark type was so poorly implemented it was basically useless besides being a Toxic-user who could stall for a day and a half

Meanwhile, Espeon continued the tradition of Psychic being ridiculously overpowered with great speed and special attack stats and became a key member of my Crystal Crew

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I like both, but I prefer Espeon. Tho I can't resist the nightly elegance
    of shiny Umbreon compared to wasted mossy shiny Espeon...

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I really like them both, but overall I prefer Umbreon because of his majestic look and darker design.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Always team Espeon. I used to play competitively. I didn't like stall. Therefore, Umbreon was useless to me.

With that said though Espeon was always the favourite since I started these games. Except for its shiny. Ugly. Umbreon wins there!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Wow, so impossible to choose in poll - there should have been a 'love both equally' just love them

Foxy Umbreon and Kitty Espy....
    will have to give my vote and choice more towards Umbreon, for the foxy part

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I AM A BASIC GOTH UMBREON ALL THE WAY. I know I'm known for being obsessed with Petilil and Alolan Dugtrio, but I assure everyone, my absolute favorite Pokemon is Umbreon. So naturally, that's where my vote goes! I have a hard time playing GSC without using one! Or really, any game where they're available, haha. I love Espeon too, I should also mention, but nothing surpasses Umbreon. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    it's a relly though decision since they're both well designed and have an interesting moveset . . . I really can't decide

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Umbreon for sure, but only because I raised an Umbreon on one of my cartridge copies of Crystal. Haven't raised an Espeon in Gen 2 yet. Also, Umbreon's defenses are great. Tanked a lot of blows from Red's Snorlax.

Last edited:
    Back