• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17] HiddenMoveHandlers not recognized

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
  • Hey there,

for my game I want the player to be able to use multiple moves to cut trees, smash rocks and move boulders. I managed to make the game recognize the added moves as legit moves for the given obstacle.
    However, I also want the player to be able to use these moves from the party screen. Now here's the problem: All additional moves for Strength are shown in the party screen, but all moves for Cut and Rock Smash aren't shown. For all three I used the same method, adding these lines.
    Code:
    HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:X)
    HiddenMoveHandlers::UseMove.copy(:X)
    I know there's no typo.
    Here's what my Cut Script and my Strength script look like

Cut
    Spoiler:

Strength
    Spoiler:

I really have no clue, why some handlers are recognized and some aren't. If add handlers for the other moves by using
    Code:
    HiddenMoveHandlers::UseMove.add
    and everything below it it wors just fine, but given the amount of possible moves I don't really want to do this for every move.
    Also the same problem occurs in Essentials v16.2

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:X,:Y,:Z) would copy the proc from :X to :Y and :Z.
    :FIRESPIN does not have a defined proc, so it can't copy it to the rest.
    :CUT must be the the first argument, not the last.
    Code:
    HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:CUT,:FIRESPIN,:THUNDER,:TOXIC,:SMOG,:SLUDGE,:FIREBLAST,:POISONGAS,:BLASTBURN,:FLAREBLITZ,:EMBER,:FLAMETHROWER,:ICEBEAM,:GUILLOTINE,:RAZORWIND,:AERIALACE,:BITE,:PECK,:RAZORLEAF,:WILLOWISP,:FURYSWIPES,:SUPERFANG,:SLASH,:FLAMEWHEEL,:SLUDGEBOMB,:FURYCUTTER,:DRAGONBREATH,:HEATWAVE,:POISONFANG,:AIRCUTTER,:ICICLESPEAR,:DRAGONCLAW,:SHADOWCLAW,:PSYCHOCUT)

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:X,:Y,:Z) would copy the proc from :X to :Y and :Z.
    :FIRESPIN does not have a defined proc, so it can't copy it to the rest.
    :CUT must be the the first argument, not the last.
    Code:
    HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove.copy(:CUT,:FIRESPIN,:THUNDER,:TOXIC,:SMOG,:SLUDGE,:FIREBLAST,:POISONGAS,:BLASTBURN,:FLAREBLITZ,:EMBER,:FLAMETHROWER,:ICEBEAM,:GUILLOTINE,:RAZORWIND,:AERIALACE,:BITE,:PECK,:RAZORLEAF,:WILLOWISP,:FURYSWIPES,:SUPERFANG,:SLASH,:FLAMEWHEEL,:SLUDGEBOMB,:FURYCUTTER,:DRAGONBREATH,:HEATWAVE,:POISONFANG,:AIRCUTTER,:ICICLESPEAR,:DRAGONCLAW,:SHADOWCLAW,:PSYCHOCUT)

Ah man, that was so obvious, I should have guessed that :D
    But now I actually understand how the .copy works! Thanks a lot!

Back