• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon Anime in a Game?

Which Region Do You Want to See Most?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • So, which of the Pokemon Anime Seasons would you like to see or implement in a game? I get that there are plenty of such games out there, but there is a thin line between an enjoyable playing experience and a n enjoyable watching experience?

1)Kanto Anime
    I ABSOLUTELY do not want to see a game with the Kanto anime. There have been SO MANY of them lately that the last thing I want to do is play another one.

2)Johto Anime
    This would be pretty fun to make and play as well. But then again, 70% of the Johto anime is filler, so it will be really boring from the director's perspective.

3)Hoenn Anime
    This would be the best one to make in terms of pure story, I guess. But Hoenn really suffocates me as a region, and I always felt boxed out while playing the RSE games.

4)Sinnoh Anime
    I think this would be the hardest game to make. The Sinnoh anime is awesome, and it's pretty hard to top it. But it also gets off to a slow start imo, which would make development for the first half of the game very tedious.

5)Unova Anime
    Unova's mysterious, dramatic aura gives a perfect atmosphere. But the BW anime was just so underwhelming imo that I don't have too high hopes for this.

6)Kalos Anime
    The most fun, casual, and light-hearted one. From a developer's POV, mega evolution, gen 1-6, and several other concepts need to be introduced in vanilla Essentials.

7)Alola Anime
    This will be bittersweet for me. Alola's tone is just so vastly different that it wil be extremely hard to implement in a game.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Which region do you want to see most?

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • It's a fact.There are just a LOT of games featuring Kanto anime(sometimes orange islands too).I think implementing Kalos will be better.It is because there are a lot of players who can go further in league than Ash when they play such games.(I actually defeated Ritchie in that Pokemon Ash Gray version,but they declared me defeated even though i won).But in Kalos,as Ash is defeated only in the Finals,there won't be that much of forceful defeating.In other regions there would be many forceful defeats even though the player won.And...I think Kalos has a big Enemy Team story(The finale lasted almost 5 episodes).

Back