• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Withheld's poke theories: Why did Red not have legendary pokemon in his team?

withheld

Banned
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I have three possible explanations...
    -He opted not to use them, because he believed
    that would be unfair to his opponents.
    -He decided to release them, because those
    pokemon were too special in his eyes to be held
    captive.
    -He never caught them in the first place. I think
    that's the most probable case. Think of it. When
    you tried to catch legendaries in Gen1, how many
    of you did you do it first try? I guess most of you
    had to save before ''talking'' to those pokemon
    and restore the game many times before finally
    catching them. Well, in universe, Red did not have
    the ability to save and restore, so the chances were
    that he would fail to capture any legendary pokemon.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I would say he never caught them, it would be more like the anime were he battles side by side with them and parts way.

Years
  • I think it's canon in games that Red caught every single Pokemon in Kanto Dex, including legendaries. So, the question is why he didn't use them? I would say that he had his favourites Pokemon and used them.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think it's canon in games that Red caught every single Pokemon in Kanto Dex, including legendaries. So, the question is why he didn't use them? I would say that he had his favourites Pokemon and used them.

He caught all of the Kanto dex? I thought that was just in the Pokemon Origins special

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The legendaries didn't help him get where he is. His partners, his team did. That's why he carries them by his side all the time to remind him of where he came from. Or something like that!

Back