• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokerus on 2nd wild caught pokemon! :O

Years
  • So I restarted Platinum because I was not happy with my team and missed Empoleon. I decided to finally use a Starly since I never used it before (I dont normally like using pokemon that everyone uses). I decided I would catch bidoof after I trained up my starly a bit. I wanted to complete as much of my pokedex as possible, of course. Well I fight lots of starly and bidoof and decide to catch this lvl 4 bidoof for an HM slave in the early game. I catch it and didn't even notice. My team had become infected with pokerus (just a starly and piplup at the time) by this thing and I thought my game had glitched or something because all my pokemon had it the next time I checked their stats and moves. Prior to the bidoof no one had it and after my entire party and pc was infected. So glad pokerus is beneficial and not lethal. I just can't help but be amazed at my luck. Of course then again back in Gen III before I knew what a shiny was I did encounter and catch a golden Swablu at level 21 and I did get a calm nature Shiny Bulbasaur in 4 attempts. Gotta love lady luck when it comes to pokemon. Now if I just randomly decided to play the Mega Million :P

Years
  • Oh wow, congratulations!! If I were you though, I'd catch a filler Pokemon that can always have Pokerus so you can get that Pokemon infected and keep it in the PC for later use. Keep in mind that Pokerus is permanent as long as that specific Pokemon is in the PC (I believe it still worked this way in Gen IV), so you'd definitely want to keep that handy. ^^

thanks for the tip I'll be sure to do that. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    it seems that the RNGoddess favors you

maybe buying a Mega Millions ticket isn't a terrible idea for you lol

Back