• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Confused O_o

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • Ok, I thought of this a few days ago. There is Pokémon Gold & Silver right? But then the 3rd is Pokémon Crystal. Thats not a metal. Don't you think it would make more sense if it was called Pokémon Platinum? I think they messed a few things up. It should be like this
    Pokémon Gold
    Pokémon Silver
    Pokémon Platinum

Pokémon Diamond
    Pokémon Pearl
    Pokémon Crystal

Did they screw something up? And another thing I'm confused about is, why they didn't have a game in the Orange Islands and have the mascots of those games Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos? It could have been Pokémon Ice, Pokémon Lighting and Pokémon Fire. So those are my main 2 things I have to talk about. Why did they screw up the names? and why isn't there a game set in the Orange Islands?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Here's the deal:

The name's weren't screwups, they were simply acts of extreme lazyness by Gamefreak's fault. Plus, Ho-oh and Lugia had no "leader", so they just made the 3rd game Crystal to match to color of the best of the other trio.

As in the case of Platinum, I would highly doubt they had it planned during the second generation. Since Giratina is "other worldly" they considered the luster and value of platinum to be the mineral for the 3rd of DP.

There you have it, bottom line: Gamefreak is lazy.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • It isn't officially called the "Metal" Generation that is just how they named the games, and as for the latter question, the Orange Islands is not a location in the games, just in the anime.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • It's all a ~secret~ plan to foreshadow that GSC remakes are coming.

I wouldn't say it's laziness, either. I agree with Thomas-san.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    the name platinum fit Suicune best and same with Giratina and Platinum. Its fine how it is but good observation.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
  • Actually, everything up until now has been a color. Red, Blue, yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal(a bit of a stretch though), Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are all colors. Diamond and Pearl are the first names of objects that are not also a color. Platinum may be a color too though. Not to sure about that so I didn't include it in either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, it doesn't really make sense but at least they never explicitly claimed to be going by colours/metals/gems/etc. That's just a fandom thing.
    Actually, everything up until now has been a color. Red, Blue, yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal(a bit of a stretch though), Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are all colors. Diamond and Pearl are the first names of objects that are not also a color. Platinum may be a color too though. Not to sure about that so I didn't include it in either.
    Pearl is a colour. Diamond (and I guess Crystal) is the only one I can think of that's too much of a stretch to call a colour. Most diamonds do have a colour (a brown or yellow iirc) but the best ones, which I assume they'd want to reference, are clear so... :/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I noticed that as well. Anyway as beachboy said its a wll known secret conspiracy that gamefreak has showing us the path to gs remakes. Nah its just laziness by gamefreak the whole mix thing and the sheer dumbness of fans combining there stuf with real stuff that confuses us.

Back