• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shared Story (Shadow and I): "Shadow Shifts"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
  • Ice Stadium :: Tournament Day 2, 9:01 AM
    Vito: "Alakazam! Psybeam!"
    Max: "Hyper Beam!"
    Both Pokemon shoot beams which collide and explode.
    Max: "Seismic Toss!"
    Charizard flies to grab Alakazam, but stops in mid air. Charizard starts spinning around in a circle and slams into the ground.
    Vito: "Alakazam Psychic again!"
    Charizard gets lifted off the ground.
    Max: "Fire Blast"
    Charizard blasts Alakazam back, ruining its concentration, letting Charizard land on the ground.

Shadow's Tower :: Tournament Day 2, 9:05 AM
    Kenneth and Mason look down the hole to where Shadow and Erika are.
    Kenneth: "Ummm Shadow, there's a call for you..."
    Shadow: "Put them on hold..."
    Mason: "Ummm I don't think they want to be put on hold."
    Shadow: "Teleport Venomoth."
    Shadow and Erika are warped out of the hole. On the video phone are 5 people, two women and three men, all wearing business suits and with grim faces, the youngest being Shadow's age and the eldest being around 50.
    Shadow: "Oh..heh heh....hi."
    Oldest Man: "Hello Shadow. I see you've wasted more of our funds and resources on hypnotising some little girl you have a crush on?"
    Shadow: "Yeah, about that see..."
    Middle-Aged Man: "And you've wasted a huge chunk of our recent profits on constructing this castel for your innane little tournament."
    Older Woman: "Not only that, but you've wasted more than half of our money on eradicating a single eleven year old boy!"
    Shadow: "He's..."
    Younger Woman: "SILENCE! We know he's beaten Team Rocket, Magma, and Aqua members and executives as well, but we're Shadow Inc. We're better than them."
    Youngest Man: "This tournament better be as good as a promotional event as you promised, AND get rid of this nuisance boy, or else we will step in."
    The screen goes blank.
    Lydia: "What was that all about?"
    Shadow: "The Shadow Inc. Board of Directors. I own more stock of Shadow Inc. then them, but they can buy enough to overthrow if they wish... They're the main public relations who keep a good record for the company and keep it from being closed down when I get in trouble with the law which is why they never help with my evil plans. But I guess they're annoyed that I've used over half of Shadow Inc.'s resources to attempt to kill Ash..."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Trainer Locker Room A3 :: Tournament Day 2, 9:20 AM
    Vito: "You did good Alakazam."
    Alakazam: "Ala!"
    Vito recalls Alakazam intos its Pokeballs and a Nurse Joy, a male nurse, and an odd-looking Chansey come in.
    Nurse Joy: "We're here to heal your Pokemon you used, and I'm sure your other Pokemon would like to have a rest too."
    Vito: "But they haven't battle..."
    Male Nurse: "They can still enjoy our special spa treatment for all Pokemon belong to a trainer that battled in a official stadium match-up. Free of charge."
    Vito: "All right."
    Vito gives all his Pokeballs to Nurse Joy, who leaves with the other nurse and the Chansey rather hastily.

Chansey: "Hahaha, that was too easy."
    Male Nurse: "You're supposed to be a Chansey, so shut up or you'll blow our cover. We need to get the other trainer's Pokemon."
    Nurse Joy: "James, its the small twerp. He has no Pokemon."
    James: "Right Jessie, I almost forgot."
    Chansey: "Wait. I know something we can steal from him."
    Jessie: "Pikachu as always, Meowth?"
    Meowth: "No, his discs. Oh and I guess Pikachu too."
    Jessie, James, and Meowth: "Long live "Nurse Joy"'s castle spa. Hehehehehehe..."
    Wobbufett pops out dressed up as a Chansey like Meowth."
    Wobbufett: "Wobbufett!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Ash and friends run up to a group of two Supernerds and their Slowbro talking to a Youngster.
    Ash: "Have you two seen Nurse Joy?"
    Supernerd 1: "Yeah, she went that way."
    Supernerd 2: "Had a male nurse with her too."
    Supernerd 1: "And a Wobbufett as well."
    Brock: "That's them. Let's go."
    Ash and friends run off.
    Supernerd 1: "Now as I was saying, we can clean your discs, and put a protective layer to prevent any further damages."
    Supernerd 2: "We'd also like to examine your Pokemon for our research. We may be able to make them much stronger and uh.... neater...er..."
    Youngster: "Awesome."
    The Youngster hands the Supernerds his Pokeballs and CDs. The Supernerds grab it and run off.
    Youngster: "When can I get them back?"
    Slowbro: "Better never then late I always say! Hahaha!"
    The Supernerds duck down a small hallway. Two Cooltrainers and a Charmeleon jump out of the other side just as Ash and friends run by.
    May: "Have you two seen Nurse Joy, a male nurse, and two Chanseys?"
    Female Cooltrainer: "Yeah, went down there."
    The Cooltrainer points down the hall they came from.
    Max: "Wait a minute...there's soemthing familiar about these guys..."
    Male Cooltrainer: "Well we've never seen you before!"
    Charmeleon: "That's...Char...meleon?"
    Vito: "Did that Poke..."
    Male Cooltrainer: "We've been teaching it to talk."
    Female Cooltrainer: "That's what makes us cool!"
    Ash: "Right. But we have no time to waste. After Nurse Joy."
    Ash and friends run down the hall.
    Charmeleon: "This is so much fun!"
    Female Cooltrainer: "I adore this costume, it's almost as good as my regular uniform."
    Male Cooltrainer: "We can fool the twerps and steal CDs and Pokemon all day with our large collection of disguises."
    Female Cooltrainer: "As long as Meowth doesn't blow it."
    Charmeleon: "Sorry. Instinct. Now let's go steal some more Pokemon! And then the coup de grace, Pikachu!"
    Male and Female Cooltrainer: "Yeah! Hehehehehe!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • James: "I guess we could win the rest of our discs legit. If we split the stolen ones between us, we'd each only need one more."
    Jessie: "But that requires actual work..."
    Meowth: "Yeah, but they're on to us and we can use these stolen Pokemon too if they're any good."

Ash and friends run up with Kent and Jack leading the way.
    Jack: "Right where we said they were..."
    Ash: "Give back those Pokemon!"
    Jessie: "Make us."
    Ash: "Pikachu!"
    Meowth: "Uh uh uh... Read the rules, no using attacks on other trainers and Pokemon outside of battles."
    Max: "But you three already broke the rules."
    Jessie: "Did we you little twerp."
    Max searchs the rules and finds the rule on stealing Pokemon.
    Max: "It says here that if a trainer is dumb enough to give his Pokemon, discs, or other items away that it is completely legal in the tournament."
    May: "That little sneak! We should have known there'd be rules like that in this tournament with Shadow planning it."
    Kent: "Also in the rules, it says you can put up wagers of any kind on your battles along with discs, as long as both parties agree and put up something for the opponent to win."
    Meowth: "Tell you what, I'll battle you and put the Pokemon we stole as a wager."
    James: "Meowth, what are you doing?"
    Meowth: "Just watch."
    Ash: "I accept your challenge!"
    Meowth: "And we want Pikachu if you lose!"
    Ash: "Pikachu?"
    Brock: "I'll battle you. And Ash, I guarentee I wont lose Pikachu. Besides, it's only Team Rocket."
    Meowth: "A member of Team Rocket you've never battled when using other Pokemon before. Meowth! That's right!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Meowth: "Ummmm Charizard..."
    Charizard whimpers.
    Brock: "Hyper Beam now!"
    Tyranitar Hyper Beams Charizard sending it into Team Rocket, making them drop all the stolen discs and Pokeballs stolen from trainers in the area as well as their own discs.
    The weight of Team Rocket causes the already Eearthquake-damaged floor to crumble and they fall into a dungeon. Brock recalls Tyranitar and hands it back to Kent.

On the other side of the castle; 10:23 AM

Shadow: "Now Nidoking! Thunderbolt!"
    Nidoking zaps a Slowbro, knocking it out.
    Psychic Trainer: "I predicted this."
    Shadow: "Blah blah, all you members of Sabrina's gym are the same. You can't beat me and go on and on about all this prediction crap. Just hand over your disc."
    A disc floats into Shadow's hand the Psychic disappears.
    Kenneth: "Why don't you just make us discs sir?"
    Shadow: "Where's the fun in that? Besides, after defeating so many of Sabrina's junior trainers, we both only need one more disc..."
    Nidoking: "And I just grew a level! Ding! Wahay!"
    Shadow: "I think the formula is affecting your brain in a bad way recently..."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • May's laptop plays an electronic jingle. She opens it up and reads her new e-mail.
    May: "Oh I've got an official match in fifteen minutes. Oh great, it's against some Pokemon Professor."
    Kent: "You go ahead, we got enough people to each take back the Pokemon to the trainers. Brock can go too to help you if you need it."

Water Stadium :: Tournament Day 2, 10:44 AM
    May: "Oh great a water stadium. I have no Pokemon that are good here."
    Brock: "You can use Pokemon from the laptop for all of yours. They have them set to only give you Pokemon that can survive here for this match. Who is your opponent anyways?"
    May: "Proffes..."
    Announcer: "Contestants, please move your way to the battlefield."
    Brock: Good luck May. I'll be cheering you on."
    Announcer: "This match is being held on the water field with the laptops being set to only give Pokemon that can swim in or fly over the liquid arena."
    Brock sits in the stands.
    Brock: "This arena reminds me of the Cerulean City Gym. I wonder if May's opponent is a lovely water Pokemon proffesor or something."
    Announcer: "This battle will be between May of Petalburg City, against the smart, talented, beautiful..."
    May: "How come she gets so many adjectives?"
    Announcer: "Professor Ivy!"
    Brock collapses.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Max: "OK, we got the Pokeballs delivered, let's go see May's battle...if she hasn't lost horribly already."
    Brock runs by them screaming.
    Ash: "What's up with him?"
    Kent: "Just leave him, he'll eventually run into some pretty woman and that'll snap him out of it."

May: "Go Pokeball!"
    May throws the Pokeball and a Skarmory pops out.
    May: "Skarmory! Peck attack!"
    Skarmory flies over and starts poking Tropius in the head. It pokes Tropius in the eye, causing it to tip over in pain, lose its balance, and fall into the water.
    May: "Hey that worked. Take Down now!"
    Skarmory dive bombs Tropius, making both Pokemon submerge under the water. The water sops draining away as Tropius and Skarmory are stuck in the hole Tropius caused.
    Announcer: "The judges have decided to temporarily delay this match to unstick those Pokemon and repair the hole in the pool.

Trainer Locker Room W1 :: Tournament Day 2, 11:03 AM
    Ash: "We're sorry they had to delay your match."
    May: "I'm not worried, it gives me a chance to relax and gives Max a chance to find Brock."
    Max: "Found him."
    Max drags Brock in the locker room by his ear.
    Brock: "Awww I just wanted to talk to Nu..."
    Brock goes white and falls to the ground. Prof. Ivy steps in the room.
    Prof. Ivy: "They just told me the match will start again in 5 minutes. Good luck out there May. Oh hello again Brock."
    Brock starts crying.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Water Stadium :: Tournament Day 2, 11:08 AM
    Announcer: "And we're back at the repaired Water Stadium and are ready to continue the battle between May and Proffessor Ivy."
    May: "Go Pokeball!"
    A Lanturn erupts from May's Pokeball.
    Prof. Ivy: "I'll use one of my own Pokemon from my island. Go Gyarados!"
    May: "Eeep its a Gyarados!"
    Prof. Ivy: "Let's start things off with Hyper Beam!"
    May: "Dive underwater and Spark!"
    Gyarados shoots at Lanturn who dodges and starts glowing. Lanturn charges at Gyarados and hits it with a burst of static electricity.
    Ivy: "Dragonbreath! Now!"
    Gyarados shoots out dragon flames at Lanturn, paralyzing it.
    May: "Thunderbolt!"
    Lanturn shocks Gyarados from its stationary position, knocking it out.
    Ivy: "Return! Go Pokeball!"
    A Magikarp pops out of the Pokeball and starts splashing in the water. The audience erupts into laughter. Magikarp, getting angered at this, then evovles into an enrages Gyarados.

Ash: "Another Gyarados?"
    Kent: "And this one is mad. Very mad."
    Jack: "Almost as if it came from the Lake of Rage during Team Rocket's testing there."
    Kent: "It probably did, remember, Shadow was still in Team Rocket at that time and was part of that experiment."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Announcer: "It seems to be a tie folks!"
    Referee: "Since it was a tie, both players recieve a disk, though their tournament standings remain the same."
    The referee pulls disks out of his pocket and hand them to May and Ivy after they shake hands.

Preparation Room W1 :: Tournament Day 2, 11:25 AM
    Ivy: "That was a great match May."
    May: "Thanks."
    Max drags in a pretending-to-be-unconcious Brock.
    Max: "Found him."
    Officer Jenny walks in the room carrying a stack of papers and hands one to each of the group. She gives one to Brock, who instantly jumps up to swoon Jenny. Ivy pokes him on the shoulder and he collapses again.
    Ash: "What's this?"
    Jenny: "It's a warning to all trainers. A group of sinister people have been seen in the tournament grounds. It is unkown if they've entered the tournament but go by the name Cipher. Their leaders recently escaped from the Orre Regional Maximum Security Prison"

Jessie, James, and Meowth are listening from the next room using an ear-like machine attached to the wall.
    James: "Cipher? Weren't they mentioned in the monthly Team Rocket newsletter?"
    Jessie pulls out a rolled up newspaper.
    Jessie: "Yes, says here they made super-powered Shadow Pokemon and were recently put into jail."
    Meowth: "So if they're back, we can snag some of those Shadow Pokemon and take them to the boss. Maybe Team Rocket can even figure out how to make them if we steal some."
    James: "That'd get us a super-powered promotion."
    Jessie: "Let's get some Shadow Pokemon!"
    Wobbufett: "Wooooooobufett!"
    Jenny knocks at the door.
    Jenny: "Hello, anyone in there?"
    Meowth: "Ack! It's the cops!"
    Jenny: "I hear you in there, I need to talk to you."
    James: "Shut your big mouth Meowth!"
    Wobbufett: "Wobbufett!"
    Wobbufett walks over and opens the door. Officer Jenny hands him a flyer.
    James: "That wasn't so bad."
    Jenny: "Wait, aren't you the Team Rocket members who were stealing everyone's cards earlier?!?"
    Meowth: "Cheese it!"
    Team Rocket runs out of the door and Wobbufett drops the flyer at Jenny's feet.
    Officer Jenny: "I'll add littering to that list now!"

Shadow's Tower :: Tournament Day 2, 11:26 AM
    Ein: "I really do like this Shadow kid for allowing us to use his resources to let us revive the Shadow Pokemon project and join this tournament late to spread them."
    Venus: "Yeah, though this castle is a total drag. It's all spooky and dusty."
    Miror B.: "Than let's kick it up with some music!"
    Evice: "Silence! And Shadow had to let us in after you rescued me if you know what I mean."
    Venus: "Actually no, we don't."
    Evice: "Cipher is secretly a part of Shadow Inc. that does most of its Pokemon-enhancing research, and as I am the leader of Cipher, I'm part of the Shadow Inc Board of Directors. He has to listen to me."
    Miror B.: "Kay, now let's start the music!"
    Evice: "NO!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • 12:04 :: Tournament Day 2 :: Castle Main Hall
    TV Reporter: "We're curious about the rules of the tournament. Supposedly there's a rule allowing theft of Pokemon and personal items. What is Shadow Inc.'s stance on this issue?"
    Young Woman: "That was a slight typo in the rules. It will be corrected as soon as possible, if not already done so. We can track any stolen Pokemon through our extensive laptop system that runs the tournament. I would like to remind any would-be theives that theft is still against English law and anyone caught doing so will be handed over to British authorities. And from me and the rest of the Shadow Inc. Board of Directors, I apologize for any inconvience this typo has caused."
    Reporter: "Thanks for the interview Ms."
    Kay: "Just call me Kay."
    Reporter: "Thanks Kay. This is Kanto News 09! Over to you Meranda!"
    The Reporter and her crew walks off.
    Kay: "Stupid Shadow making that rule just so he could steal that twerp's Pikachu legally. Geese it's hard being the Director of Public Relations sometimes, making all these stories to cover up for his mistakes. But I don't have it as hard as some people I guess..."
    Kay pulls out an outrageously small phone dials a number.
    Kay: "Hello?"
    Machine on the other end: "You have reached the office of *voice changes to Evice's* Evice, the Shadow Inc. Director of Pokemon Research and Technology. *voice changes back to the machine* The previously named person is not here and may be possibly *Evice's voice again* dominating the world with my evil Shadow Pokemon."
    Kay's eye twitches as the machine plays a "beep."
    Kay: "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO CHANGE THAT MESSAGE? It's hard enough covering u Shadow..."

12:45 ::Tournament Day 2 :: Flow Stadium
    Announcer: "Today we have a match between Ash Ketchum of the Kanto region versus Wes...there seems to be a smuge on the last name...oh well... of the Orre region!"

Miror B., Ein, Dakum, and Venus sit down in the stand on the side of the arena that is Wes'.
    Venus: "Let's enjoy the battle first."
    Ein: "Yes, I concur, we watch the battle and strike when his Pokemon are exhausted."
    Dakum: "And with our new Shadow Pokemon, we can't lose!"
    Miror B.: "It'll be a blast! Haha!"

Jessie, James, and Meowth sit on the opposite side of the bleachers.
    Jessie: "This should be an enjoyable match."
    Meowth: "What will be enjoyable is when we snatch Pikachu when it's tired out after the match!"
    James: "Brilliant plan! We can't miss!"
    Wobbufett: "WOBBUFETT!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Ash: "Cyndaquil! Flamethrower!"
    An orange shield appears in fron of Metagross that deflects Flamethrower.
    Ash: "Flame Wheel!"
    Cyndaquil bursts into flames and rolls towaards Metagross, but is lifted into the air before touching the iron behemoth.
    Ash: "Swift!"
    Cyndaquil shoots stars down from the air, but Metagross gains a silvery coat and they bounce off.
    Ash: "Fireblast!"
    Metagross gains the orange shield again, but Cyndaquil aims up, shooting him like a rocket through the Reflect.
    Ash: "OVERHEAT!"
    Cyndaquil starts glowing red and engulfs itself and Metagross in intense flames. Two "dings" are also heard before the flames die down. Cyndaquil jumps off the charred Metagross and strikes a pose.
    Announcer: "Amazing! Not only did that attack take down Metagross, but also two targets! What will Wes resort to now?"
    Wes remains silent and throws a Pokeball revealing Duskull.

May runs to join Max in the stands.
    May: "Did I miss much?"
    Max: "Not much...ONLY ASH DEFEATING A METAGROSS WITH A CYNDAQUIL!"
    May: "...What's a Cyndaquil?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Ash: "Come back out! Cyndaquil!"
    Wes throws a Pokeball revealing Cloyster, who quickly summons a tidal wave which it rides into Cyndaquil, knocking it out.
    Ash: "That was fast..."
    Ash throws a Pokeball and a Shuckle comes out.
    Cloyster starts charging up an Ice Beam.
    Ash: "Withdrawl!"
    Shuckles goes into its shell and resists Cloyster's attack.
    Ash: "Body Slam!"
    Shuckles charges towards Cloyster who also withdrawls into its shell and isn't effected by the attack.
    The process repeats a few times with Cloyster Ice Beaming and Shuckle Body Slamming but to no avail.

May: "This is getting boring."
    Max: "Two defensive Pokemon don't make for a good battle."

Cloyster shoots spikes at Shuckle, but they just bounce off. Shuckle then shoots some sludge at Cloyster who just clamps tight and avoids the slime hitting it in the face.

James: "This is taking too long!"
    Jessie: "We've got more important thigns to do then watch this paper ball fight! Like stealing the Pokemon who are throwing the paper!"
    Meowth: "Zzzzzzzzz"
    Jessie and James: "WAKE UP MEOWTH!"
    Meowth: "Ack! My hair!"
    Wobbufett: "Woobbuuuuu....zzzzzzzzz..."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • A large explosion erupts in the center of the arena. Three figures stand in the lifting smoke.
    Jessie: "Prepare for..."
    Strange salsa music starts playing from the speakers that the announcers' voices previously came from.
    Jessie: "Arrgh! What is that horrible racket?"
    James: "My ears are burning!"
    Meowth: "Meooooooowwww! That's right!"
    Another explosion happens across from Team Rocket and the Cipher Admins emerge.
    Miror B.: "How dare you mock my beautiful music!"
    Dakim: "I agree, its horrible."
    Venus: "Its giving me gray hair and wrinkles."
    Ein sighs and pulls out a remote, he presses a button and the music ceases.
    James: "It's people from that Citrus thing!"
    Dakim: "That's Cipher you clod!"
    Jessie: "I don't care what kind of vegetable you named it after! Go Seviper! Poison Tail!"
    Dakim: "Go Houndoom! Crunch!"
    Houndoom bites onto Seviper who starts whacking him in the head with its tail. Houndoom soon lets go and collapses.
    James: "Go Cacnea! Needle Arm!"
    Miror B.: "Go Armaldo! Rock Tomb!"
    Cacnea jumps towards Armaldo who htis the ground, encasing Cacnea in pillars of stone.
    Jessie: "Dustox! Psybeam!"
    James: "You too Chimecho!"
    Venus: "Raichu! Thunderbolt!"
    Ein: "Manectric Thunder now!"
    The Psychic and Electric energies hit each other causing an explosion, sending all four Pokemon flying back into their masters. An Espeon walks into the center of the field and uses Psychic to blast both groups of evil-doers through the roof.
    Ash: "Good job Wes!"
    Wes recalls his Espeon and walks out of the arena silently.
    Ash: "Sheesh...not too social is he?"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • ~~In the V.I.P. booth across the stadium from the commentary booth~~
    Nidoking: "And a battle starring Butch and Cassiday has begun."
    Shadow: "Did you hack their computers to give them lame Pokemon."
    Nidoking: "Yep, next round they're getting a Metapod and an Oddish while the opponents get much better."
    Joseph: "Do you think setting up the stadium match is a good idea? Wont people get suspicious."
    Shadow: "It's all luck, my dear rival. Happens in other real sports all the time, people know you sometimes get dealt a bad hand."
    Joseph: "And you're not planning to do this with Jessie and James, why?"
    Shadow: "Put simply, they stink and natually have horrible luck. Now get out of my booth."
    Joseph: "I think I'll stay. As the most powerful member of the Board of Directors, I don't think you'll do anything drastic."
    Shadow mumbles something about a mongoose under his breath.
    Joseph: "What was that, Shadow-boi?"
    Shadow: "I hope you enjoy the match."

Chad: "Go..."
    Chris: "Pokeball!"
    Butch: "Now that's really going to get annoying."
    A Drowzee and Donphan come out of the Pokeballs.
    Chad: "Drowzee Confusion!"
    Chris: "Donphan Rollout!"
    Chad and Chris: "Now!"
    Cassidy: "I see what you mean Butch... Go Pikachu! Thunderbolt the Drowzee!"
    Butch: "Nidorino! Horn Drill!"
    Pikachu shocks the Drowzee paralyzing it and doing massive damage. Donphan rolls towards Pikachu but Nidorino rams it with its horn sending it flying across the stadium into Drowzee.
    Referee: "Both Donphan and Drowzee are unable to battle."
    Chad: "That was unfortunate..."
    Chris: "...but its not over yet!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Ash's Room :: 2 PM
    Ash: "Wow! I can't believe it! I already have 4 discs. 2 from my last battle, 1 from that channeler, and the one I started with! I have enough to move onto the next round!"
    Brock: "That's easy for you to say. There are some of us who still only have one."
    Both Brock and May's laptop rings. They open them up and gasp in surprise.
    Brock and May: "My next opponent is..."
    Brock: "May."
    May: "Brock. And its an all or nothing match. The winner gets 4 discs and the loser loses all of his."
    Max: "Wow, the first round must be nearing its end! That means one of you two is going to get kicked out of the tournament."
    Jack walks in.
    Jack: "That's enough CDs for me. Hmm I sense something troubling here."
    May: "I'M GOING TO BE KICKED OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT!"
    Brock: "Now May, don't be so sure..."
    Jack: "Most of us are going to be eventually, there's only one winner. You can stay and watch the rest of the match ups even if you lose."
    Ash: "So what do we do now?"
    Max: "Don't you read the rules? You wait until the first round is over, then they release a password that unlocks directions the discs contain and they lead you to where the second round is."
    Kent: "Hey Max, want to go find some random trainers and finish our CD collections?"
    Max: "Sure!"

Molten Gym :: 2:30 PM
    Male Announcer: "What a wonderful day on this battlefield, which is modeled after a volcano and is sure to favor various Rock, Ground, and Fire type Pokemon. And don't forget, this is our first All-Or-Nothing Match! The end of the first round is drawing close so the winner here automatically goes to the round two! This match's opponents are Brock, former Pewter City gym leader, and May, daughter of the Petalburg gym leader."
    May whacks the announcer with a baseball bat.
    May: "Why do people always compare me to my father? Ugggh it gets annoying after a while. Why can't you just say "May from Petalburg City?""

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • May: "Magcargo! Smog!"
    Smoke erupts from Magcargo's mouth and shell.
    May: "Body Slam!"
    Magcargo sneaks up behind Rhydon and slams him against the ground.
    Brock: "Iron Tail!"
    Rhydon whacks Magcargo with its tail, sending it flying into the stadium wall. may recalls it and throughs another Pokeball, but can't see the result due to a patch of remaining Smog. The smoke clears, but still no Pokemon can be seen.
    May: "Where's my Pokemon? How am I supposed to call it if I don't know what it is."
    Jack: "May, your laptop."
    May opens her laptop and the display shows her current Pokemon as a Diglett.
    May: "Dig attack now!"
    Rhydon looks around puzzled when it gets thrown off balence by a Diglett surfacing under its foot.
    May: "Slash now!"
    Ash: "How does a Diglett use Slash?"
    Jack: "One of the biggest mysteries of the world..."
    Huge slashmarks appear on Rhydons face. He recoils in pain.
    Brock: "Stomp!"
    Rhydon tries to step on Diglett but it retreats into the ground and pops up behind Rhydon. Rhydon turns around and attempts to whack the mole again, but misses once more.
    May: "Rock Smash!"
    Diglett once again pops up underneath Rhydon's foot, causing him to fall backwards onto a boulder, breaking it and knocking himself unconcious. Brock recalls Rhydon.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • :: Corridor 48 C :: 3 PM
    PA System: "Attention all tournament participants! The first round will end tonight after the last assigned battle! Try your best to get four discs if you have not been assigned an all-or-nothing battle! If not, well try again next time."
    Jessie: "Gee that was short."
    Meowth: "What are we gonna do? None of us got a battle assigned and there isn't enough time for us to each get four discs."
    James: "Isn't it odd how none of us got one of those all-or-nothing ones assigned to them?"
    Jessie: "With Shadow running this, not really. That little..."
    Meowth: "I got it, if we combine our discs and join our registrations together we can go to the next round!"
    James: "Yay!"
    Growly: "Arf!"
    James: "I almost forgot you were here."
    Jessie: "Of course you did. Give me those discs before you lose them."
    Jessie snatches James and Meowth's discs.
    Jessie, James, and Meowth: "Team Rocket is going to the next round!"
    Wobbufett: "WOBBUFETT!"

:: Shadow's Tower :: 4:25 PM
    Shadow: "If it's not one lowsy sibling its another. And they're all going to Round 2, oh well, soon it will be time to start it, and what a blast it will be... Hehehe..."
    Nidoking: "Uh sir, the last match is beginning, and you know..."
    Shadow: "Silence, I must see this!"
    Shadow switches a TV to the Grass Stadium.

:: Shadow's TV and Grass Stadium :: 4:25 PM
    Felicia: "And now begins the last matchup before the second round. It's an all-or-nothing match between Officer Jenny, [under her breath] which one is unknown, [normal] and the Celadon City Gym Leader, Erika!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Erika: "Sludge Bomb!"
    Jenny: "Flamethrower!"
    Torkoal opens its mouth to fire, but Roselia shoots a ball of Sludge in its mouth, which then explodes.
    Erika: "Solar Beam!"
    While Torkoal is coughing, Roselia charges its flowers and fires a green laser at Torkoal, kocking it into a wall.
    Jenny: "Torkoal return. Go Pokeball!"

Shadow: "And now to make sure my sweet gets a victory she so deserves."
    Shadow pushes several buttons.

The Pokeball Jenny throws instantly gets swapped with another in mid air. It lands and a Wartortle pops out.
    Jenny: "This will be tough, Torkoal lost and he had an advantage and now Roselia has one."

Jack: "A little too much bad luck?"
    Kent: "You sensed a swap too?"
    Jack: "Of course, Shadow's warping technology is easily detectable."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Joseph: "Why are you favoring your mind control victims?"
    Shadow: "We don't want law enforcement to stay in the tournyment."
    Joseph: "I'm so sure that's your real reason. But poor Shadow doesn't realise, they have secret agents that have made it, and that it would look oddly suspicious to have all the Jenny's wiped out in the first round. And you may not have to interfere at all."
    Shadow: "Huh?"
    Shadow looks on the screen to see an Arcanine ram Electabuzz into the wall at an "extreme" speed.

Erika recalls Electabuzz and throws her own Pokeball while Shadow isn't in direct control of her. Gloom comes bouncing out.
    Erika: "Razor Leaf!"
    Jenny: "Fireblast!"
    Gloom shoots out a spray of leaves which Arcanine ignites, filling the stadium with burning leaves.
    Erika: "Stun Spore!"
    Jenny: "Ember!
    Arcanine becomes paralyzed, but still continues to shoot flames from its stationary position, but Gloom is able to dodge them.

Back