• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, Everyone!

Ardentex

Let's Player
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    togepi-16846.jpg

Hey, everyone! I'm Ardentex and I've been a Pokemon fan since the franchise started in the late 90s! Not too long ago, I started making videos on different games I loved, which made me re-invested with the series, since I stopped paying attention to it after the Generation 5 games and their sequels came out. Needless to say, I'm not the biggest fan of Gen. 6 & 7's games or Pokemon design you'll ever meet.

Since links are not allowed in the introduction, I'd like to tell you a bit more on how I became obsessed with the games back in the day. Even though I played the games growing up on my first GameBoy, watched the anime religiously and collected all the original card sets, I never considered myself a true fanatic until I discovered the Let's Play community back in 2009. The guys like Chugga, Datai and SpiritofSteel (kudos if you recognize that name) made me want to not only play the games that have come out until that point, but also pick up a DS, learn the newest generation and master the ones I've already beat numerous times.

The same happened not too long ago, as I've now started my own channel, almost a decade later as a full-blown adult. Don't get me wrong, I'm new to the forums and this format, but I'd love to become a member of this community and get to know and possibly like the new games just as much as I'd like new visitors on my channel, to grow a core audience and get some more eyes on the Let's Play I've just started and am really proud of, as a newbie.

That's all from me, looking forward to meeting a ton of new friends, hope you have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Good to see you're already utilizing your signature for links and such =) Welcome Ardentex! I used to watch Chugga's videos at some point, he was one of my first LPers and those memories are very dear to me.... Wishing you luck on your own channel.

So do you like gen V?? Because those were the best games tbh. <3 see you around!! Feel free to ask if you need help!

Years
  • Hey! Welcome to PC!

I've been a fan of the franchise since basically the beginning as well. I think its really awesome that you have a YouTube channel with your own LPs. I really enjoy watching people do them (Chugga, Marriland, etc), especially Nuzlockes and other challenges.

Hope to see you around and best of luck with your channel!

Last edited:

Ardentex

Let's Player
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I do love the 5th gen. games. I think the game franchise overall peaked in the DS era. The 5th gen. games have the best story-telling as well as the most content in the games in my opinion, while HG/SS has the best aesthetics, in my opinion. I could play new games with the sprite design of HG/SS for years to come without complaint.

Ardentex

Let's Player
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome, Toshiro! I'm still new to the forums and how to directly reply to everyone and such, but I do like the format so far!

Back