• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Team Suggestions: Swampert

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2019
    Hey everyone, I have played the first two generations of Pokemon extensively, and almost beaten gen 2. With my gen 2 playthrough almost complete, I'm gonna play gen 3 next, playing Pokemon Sapphire next. I'm gonna choose Mudkip as a starter because it does best against the Hoenn gyms.

Can you suggest which Pokemon would best fit a Swampert team? I'm wanting to choose Pokemon that would cover Swampert's weaknesses on the team and help the team hit whatever it can't.

PS: This team cannot include legendaries or postgame Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    First thing to look into getting would be a Grass type counter, as that is Swampert's most obvious weakness. You have plenty of options for that given that Grass has several type weaknesses, but a Flying type would be a good choice, as it means you also have your Fly HM needs covered too.

Having something else that can learn some of the Water HMs would be good too, so Swampert doesn't have to know all three Water HMs and so can diversify its moveset and be more useful.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    Swampert: Water/Ground
    Swellow: Flying/Normal
    Breloom: Grass/Fighting
    Armaldo: Rock/Bug
    Gardevoir: Psychic
    Manectric: Electric

Back