• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    Which Pokémon, other than the three evil Malamar from XY, do you find to be evil?
    Out of memory, I can think of:
    * Team Rocket's Meowth
    * The Togepi in Where No Togepi Has Gone Before

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • I honestly don't think that team rocket's Meowth is evil.It has shown instances of being nice,but it wants to impress Giovanni.I fell that the alolan Meowth shown in SM,which finally went to Giovanni,is evil.(Maybe it is a common characteristic of alolan Meowths'.)

Years
  • jigglypuff. no one, in this wide world, would anyone think it's okay to draw on people's face after you make them fall asleep with your singing. except jigglypuff

or those litwick that tried to send ash and the gang to the Ghost World

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I don't think that one Togepi was evil; it didn't hurt anyone in any serious manner and seemed to enjoy toying with people, not necessarily out of malice. Meowth on the other hand can speak, so we know his thought process and frankly, I do think his mind is twisted. Idk if I'd call him evil per se, but he has shown moments where his obsession with getting Giovanni's approval has made him seem cruel and slightly psychotic.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • That Teddiursa/Ursaring from Unbearable. It was definitely evil, lmfao. I have to disagree on Meowth, though, he's not really that evil, in my opinion, he's just w/a bad crowd.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Meowth (and Team Rocket as a whole) have just been kicked down so many times and they've just end up on the wrong side between good and bad, though even then they're not really bad per se. That said yeah no Pokemon is really considered evil, though Pokemon like Litwick and that one Togepi in Sinnoh come fairly close pft.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I thought it was canonically accepted that there was no such thing as bad Pokemon, only bad trainers?

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • or those litwick that tried to send ash and the gang to the Ghost World

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread name 'Evil Pokémon'
    Litwick is my favorite Pokémon but that episode kinda freaked me out a little lol

Years
  • I don't think Meowth or Togepi are even close to evil. Togepi was just misheivous, like Jigglypuff drawing on your face when you fall asleep or Clefairy stealing your belongings. They are all fairy pokemon afterall, and in folklore fairies are pranksters who hide your keys, enchant you to dance with them, and switch babies with changelings.

Meowth is a survivior, not evil. The reason he got into the criminal life was because he was on the street with nothing to eat. He was pretty much your average stray cat picking through the garbages for bones. There was nobody to take care of him, and the people he happened to encounter were bullies that would tie him up and hang him from trees, and abuse him. Theren't weren't any alternatives for Meowth.

The Squirtle Squad seemed to take more enjoyment out of the risk of criminal activity than Meowth necessarily did initially. With Meowth it was more like, 'okay, this is how I can stay alive.' The squirtles certainly weren't evil either. They were just abandoned pokemon who vandalized things and kidnapped people because they wanted someone to pay attention to them.

Meowth is just as capable as the next pokemon of forming attachments to people and other pokemon. I think that is more of the reason he stays with Team Rocket. It is a job, but also Jesse and James are the closest things he has to trainers or friends. He has even displayed a twinge of empathy before for Ash, Pikachu and their companions in certain situations. He is a well-developed character who throws in on the side of good every once in awhile.

It is hard to find an example of an evil pokemon in the anime. Some of the dex entries in-game and mystery dungeon plotlines may go in a different direction, but as far as the movies and tv shows go it is people who are in the wrong 99.9% of the time, and not the pokemon. It is a reoccurring theme for people to see an intimidating-looking pokemon and immediately blame them for everything, only to have their first impression proven wrong, realizing that the pokemon they pre-judged as dangerous was really the good guy trying to warn and help them like Absol, Darkrai and Dusknoir.

Even pokemon that engage in really destructive behavior have been supplied with no shortage of reasons for doing so in the anime canon. Often it's reactionary behavior like the Tentacool and Tentacruel who attacked the city because they were losing their habbitats, or Mewtwo refusing to be exploited by humans and wanting to change the system.

At other times pokemon are just under command of trainers, and shouldn't be held to a moral responsibility for their trainer's wishes any more than a security dog following their master's instructions. If a master orders the dog to attack an innocent person and it obeys then that fault lies solely with the human being. Some situations feature eve m9re extreme physical or psychological coercion at the hands of humans like zoroark causing illusions under threat that her baby will be hurt if she doesn't comply in the 13th movie, or Celebi being possesed by by the dark ball in the 4th movie.

The one-off where a pokemon just seems to love power and hypnotize people for fun is the brief malamar plotline in XY, but again this is such an anamoly, and seeing as other good Malamar and Inkay are introduced too I don't even know if I should count this or not.

Back