• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tell me something :)

Years
  • tell me something...

has anyone ever given up trying to get the shiny charm, either because it was too much trouble to get or that is was taking to long to catch some of the necessary pokemon?

for me, in sun, it was kinda reason 2 :| *even though rotom dex said i have over 100 pokemon in there o_O

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I originally gave up on trying to complete the Pokedex in Omega Ruby for the shiny charm, because catching 700+ pokemon for a shiny charm just seemed nuts.

However, I decided a few weeks ago to go back to OR just to complete the pokedex. I'm not doing it for the shiny charm though. I just decided that OR was the game I wanted to collect every single existing pokemon in. I'm also trying to get it all done while OR still has GTS relevance, considering that the 3DS era of pokemon is over, I want to own at least one game that has all of the pokemon in it with a completely filled out Pokedex.

I already filled out my Moon Pokedex, but the lack of a National Dex makes OR the prime candidate for Pokedex completion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't give up in X, but it was largely because I was mainly wanting to complete the Pokedex for the first time in forever. I did give up in AlphaSapphire when I was intentionally trying to get the Shiny Charm because Blissey base battles, while effective, were boring to use for grinding.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I kept going. I know it's a tedious task, but they lowered the bounds to getting it in SM and USUM in that you only need like 300 or 400, not all 807. I was doing so in X as well, but ended up swayed away due to the release of ORAS. I have revisited X to try and complete the dex, but it's really hard now as everyone's migrated to this gen, and the only GTS stuff remaining is likely to be the impossible trades that will never happen.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I kept going in SM because I wanted it to be the first time I completed the Pokédex, and I did! In USUM though I have given up for now because it feels largely repetitive to me and I don't really have any interest in doing basically the same thing a second time. Perhaps I'll get around to it for USUM eventually, and I'll certainly have a go at getting the Shiny Charm in Gen 8.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've yet to do it in Moon, but now with Ultra Sun I'm not sure if I should still pursue that.

Back