• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Under the Rose

.:Bloody--Emo--With--A--Rose:.

Kiss Me-I'mCONTAGIOUS**!
Years
  • I dream of the winter in my heart turn to spring as the ice gives way under my feet.
    And so I drown with the sun.
    I've been burning in water and drowning in flame to prove you wrong and scare you away.
    I admit my defeat and want back home in your heart.
    Under the rose. I open my eyes with a sigh of relief.
    As the warmth of summers sunlight dances around me.
    And I see you with dead leaves in your hands. As I'm under the rose.

Please rate it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2006
    It would be nice if you can separate this into stanzas. It would help and would make a nice "poetry" feel. ^-^

But these are nice imagery and metaphors... although it's free verse, it would be even better if we can make a structure and make it really nice sounding.

Sakura~

flowery
    Years
  • Stanzas would be very nice! It's free verse, and...well, not very knowledgable in that area. I think your imagery, as Yuki said, was nice. It gave me a soothing picture. Next time, try getting some structure involved. Good work!! ^-^

~M

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Sorry for my absence, all. Been on vacation.

What went wrong: As stated before, having stanzas, or at least a typical line format would help this piece vastly. Although it is written in a (moderately) valid poetic format, it is not well suited to the nature of this work. In general, I think it needs refinement, like this was the five-minute freewrite before the poem. In keeping with that, although solid on poetic merits, it seems to ramble, and is unfocused. Finally, the line "burning in water and drowning in flame" reems of paradoxical cliche.

What went right: Again, as stated before, your imagery is sound. It captures the attention of the reader and helps draw them into the poem.

How to improve: First, refine it. Revision is the simplest (if most annoying) step to make your poetry better. Secondly, you did well with your imagery, and minor instance of personification. I'd like to see a longer work from you in which you try using several other devices. Finally, take one extra step with your imagery. Don't simply use them to draw the reader into the poem, create a deep emotinal response in the reader. Or, at least, strive for it. It's an elusive beast. In any case, I think you have potential. Keep writing.

Overall score: 6/10

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Sorry for my absence, all. Been on vacation.

What went wrong: As stated before, having stanzas, or at least a typical line format would help this piece vastly. Although it is written in a (moderately) valid poetic format, it is not well suited to the nature of this work. In general, I think it needs refinement, like this was the five-minute freewrite before the poem. In keeping with that, although solid on poetic merits, it seems to ramble, and is unfocused. Finally, the line "burning in water and drowning in flame" reeks of paradoxical cliché.

What went right: Again, as stated before, your imagery is sound. It captures the attention of the reader and helps draw them into the poem.

How to improve: First, refine it. Revision is the simplest (if most annoying) step to make your poetry better. Secondly, you did well with your imagery, and minor instance of personification. I'd like to see a longer work from you in which you try using several other devices. Finally, take one extra step with your imagery. Don't simply use them to draw the reader into the poem, create a deep emotional response in the reader. Or, at least, strive for it. It's an elusive beast. In any case, I think you have potential. Keep writing.

Overall score: 6/10

Back