• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 116 16.2%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 87 12.2%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 144 20.1%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 66 9.2%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 142 19.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello my game bugged. Im currently at pokekon league but everytime I talk to the 1st elite 4 my game crashes and I can no longer proceed :(

*Update
    Managed to fix it. I tried fighting a wild pokemon and for some reason its shiny even tho I didnt get stardust. When I went to elite 4 again the crash didnt happen.

Side question. What's the difference between the choices after beating elite 4?

Another update: im currently at the mystery town. Where you create time paradox with jirachi, however I cant advance futher since the last puzzle is very hard (the one with mew in truck) how to finish it? I already got missingno. I also tried whiting out and it brings me to poke center. Is that the the way? Or ia there a proper way of finishing the puzzle?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Vey/Vem/Veir/Vemself
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Um, hi. I'm new here. I was interested in trying one of these but i keep getting an error code after using the Lunar IPS thing:

The game crashed with the following error:
    Jumped to invalid address: 04000DF4

I'm not sure what to do or where to ask for help.

I was originally using Aquamarine but then tried another version; Amethyst just to test it and still got the same thing.

Beerus123

Beerus the Destroyer
    Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    It's playable from start to finish. However, it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Whether this is the final version, the hack has been neglected, or the creator isn't around at the moment, there's a reason for the update hiatus.

So I can play all 8 gyms and the Elite Four? Another question Does this game have any post game story?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I caught every single legendary/mythical pokemon except Mew, Celebi and Dialga. How and where can i find them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • so does deciding to not use the time machine after you become champion have any benefit? so far it didn't give me a hall of fame, and the portals around the world are still unusuable. both of these things work properly if i use the time machine

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Pokémon Aquamarine Version

Version 2.0.2 Release (4/15/2021)

It's been nearly a year since the version 1.1.4 release! I took a long break from this hack and have been wanting to get back to fix up a few bugs here and there. Naturally, I got distracted and ended up adding a ton of new things. But I hope you guys will appreciate the changes. Many thanks to everyone who gave feedback on earlier versions of the hack, I appreciate your time and effort playing!

So, what's new in 2.0.X?

Short version:
    Spoiler:

Long version (Potential Spoiler Warning):
    Spoiler:

Changes added as of 2.0.2
    Spoiler:

Older Update Notes
    Spoiler:

Rom Base: FireRed [BPRE] Version 1.0
    Language: English
    Creator: AquamarineVaporeon/Vaporeon22

Intro:
    Pokémon Aquamarine is a ROM hack of FireRed that takes place in Manta, an entirely new region based off South America. The player character mysteriously turns into a Mew, and takes on a journey as a Pokémon trainer to figure out how to turn back to human. Aquamarine has been in development since 2014, and was fully released in Version 1.0.0 as of October 2019. Currently, the ROM hack is fully playable as of Beta version 2.0.2. If anyone happens to find any bugs, please let me know!

Pokémon Aquamarine also comes in different colors!
    Pokémon Aquamarine is one out of nine variants of the same game, each corresponding with Eevee or one of its evolutions. There aren't many major differences between the variations, but the title screens are different, and the team your rival uses changes depending on the version. If you're unsure of which to play, I suggest going with your favorite!
    These variations include:
    Opal- Eevee
    Aquamarine- Vaporeon
    Topaz- Jolteon
    Garnet- Flareon
    Amethyst- Espeon
    Onyx- Umbreon
    Turquoise- Leafeon
    Quartz- Glaceon
    Zircon- Sylveon

If you're curious about what differences it makes to the Rival's team...
    Spoiler:

Story/Themes:
    Pokémon Aquamarine opens with the player character having a strange dream. A ghostly figure named Ilex claims that the player has turned into a Mew, and must embark on a journey to return to their human body.

The plotline of the game diverges whether the player chooses to play as a boy or a girl. As a boy, the player turns into a regular Mew. As a girl, the player turns into a Shiny Mew.

The following spoiler contains lore for the male plotline:
    Spoiler:

The following spoiler contains lore for the female plotline:
    Spoiler:

Aquamarine incorporates a lot of themes from both science and science fiction, including:
    Spoiler:

Features:
    • New Region based off South America
    • New Subregions based off Hawaii, Galapagos, and Antarctica
    • Starter is Eevee
    • New Story with a diverging plot depending on gender
    • Added Pokémon from Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola
    • Added custom Fakemon, including a hummingbird line, a dolphin line, and a tortoise line
    • Customized Trainers
    • Increased overall trainer level
    • Added Fairy Type
    • Added Physical/Special Split
    • Added new moves
    • Updated moves to match current generation move effects
    • Updated Pokémon learnsets so they learn a more diverse set of moves
    • Added move animations to moves not present in vanilla FireRed
    • Decapitalized most in-game text
    • All 401 Pokémon in-game are obtainable
    • Trade Evolutions obtainable through Level-Up
    • All Eevee Evolutions obtainable through Evolutionary Stones
    • Added several items from new games, including Bottle Caps, Ability Capsules, and Choice Items
    • TMs have infinite uses
    • HMs can be forgotten
    • Natures are color coded, and EV/IVs can be viewed by an appraiser
    • Pokédex accurately shows Pokémon locations and stats
    • Pokémon gain Exp. even when catching wild Pokémon
    • Magma Armor and Flame Body help hatch eggs faster
    • Added several maps, including Underground maps and maps accessible through portals

Additional Features (Spoiler Warning)
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" (Spoiler Warning)
    Spoiler:

Pokédex + New Methods of Evolution
    Spoiler:

Legendary + Special Pokémon Locations
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Art:
    Spoiler:

Tools Used:
    Spoiler:

Move Animation Credits:
    Spoiler:

Battle Mechanics Credits:
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous Credits:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Map of the Manta Region
    manta_orig.png

Map of Sevii Island Replacements
    Spoiler:

Different Version Title Screens:
    Spoiler:

Gameplay:
    aquamarine-battle-hummling_orig.png
    rivalrainer_orig.png
    aquamarine-battle-tactix_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-tierratown_orig.png
    deltabeach_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-laniakealines_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-fossilrevival_orig.png
    andromedacanal_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-stardustbridge_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-portaurora_orig.png
    foundstardust_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-starter_orig.png

ilexintro_orig.png
    momentsbeforedisaster_orig.png
    nightsky_orig.png

Download (Version 2.0.2):
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/c8li9ijjxqcomb7/Aquamarine+2.0.2.zip/file

Where is turquoise link?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    so does deciding to not use the time machine after you become champion have any benefit? so far it didn't give me a hall of fame, and the portals around the world are still unusuable. both of these things work properly if i use the time machine

Doesn't really have one, but I can design one real quick: Think of a T, but intertwining like DNA. Red and blue of course. If you're still doing a comic, I'd love to see it!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hi, there's a way that we can know what is the chance of every legendary appear in the wild, or their levels? I've been trying to find the MissingNo in the Estrella Island for hours surfing, using sweet scent and nothing...

I set all the wild legendaries and other special encounters at a higher level than the wild encounters. If you have a repel and a pokemon at a higher level than the wild pokemon, you should be able to find those pretty easily. MissingNo itself is much more common in the Mystery Zone if you've unlocked that area.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    so does deciding to not use the time machine after you become champion have any benefit? so far it didn't give me a hall of fame, and the portals around the world are still unusuable. both of these things work properly if i use the time machine

Being able to use the time machine or not is mostly story-based. Mechanically, it allows people who can't save the game to keep playing after beating the elite four since it doesn't force the save and restart their game. This comes at the cost of not having the hall of fame data, but it is purely your own choice.

Here are the story-based reasons:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Um, hi. I'm new here. I was interested in trying one of these but i keep getting an error code after using the Lunar IPS thing:

The game crashed with the following error:
    Jumped to invalid address: 04000DF4

I'm not sure what to do or where to ask for help.

I was originally using Aquamarine but then tried another version; Amethyst just to test it and still got the same thing.

Maybe you're patching with FireRed v1.1? Make sure you use a clean USA version 1.0 of FireRed to patch.

Back