• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Questions about PGE?

Years
I ended up bugging out my rom while I was using PGE to do learnsets.

Ultimately I was wondering, if I want to avoid repointing learnsets can I duplicate level 1 moves?

as in, can I have budew learn absorb 4 times at level 1, or will that bug the game out?

alternatively, is there a way to delete a move from its learnset without repointing (since removing shouldnt require any new bytes).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I ended up bugging out my rom while I was using PGE to do learnsets.

Ultimately I was wondering, if I want to avoid repointing learnsets can I duplicate level 1 moves?

as in, can I have budew learn absorb 4 times at level 1, or will that bug the game out?

alternatively, is there a way to delete a move from its learnset without repointing (since removing shouldnt require any new bytes).

In what way was the game bugging out??

Years
In what way was the game bugging out??

When i tried to battle one of the pokemon I added in the wild it was using moves PGE didnt say it had

Had a skuntank drop flame wheel or soemthing and it doesnt know any fire moves from level ups on my list. I reverted to a backup and just didnt use all the move slots (by making all the level 1 moves duplicates)

edit: i think i messed some stuff up when using the data repointer in PGE. Am i right in thinking now that each move takes up 2 bytes in the rom (my guess is one for the level learned and another for which move)? I was going about it as thinking they took up one and I think ive been overwriting space ive been using.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
When i tried to battle one of the pokemon I added in the wild it was using moves PGE didnt say it had

Had a skuntank drop flame wheel or soemthing and it doesnt know any fire moves from level ups on my list. I reverted to a backup and just didnt use all the move slots (by making all the level 1 moves duplicates)

edit: i think i messed some stuff up when using the data repointer in PGE. Am i right in thinking now that each move takes up 2 bytes in the rom (my guess is one for the level learned and another for which move)? I was going about it as thinking they took up one and I think ive been overwriting space ive been using.

Just use G3T to edit the moves lmao

Back