• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon Should They Have Caught?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • In the 20 years pokemon has been going on, Ash and his friends have caught many different pokemon. Some times even 30 of the same pokemon. They don't always keep all their pokemon and some are officially their's for as few as 1 or 2 episodes.

The point of this thread is to let everyone know what pokemon each trainer, in your opinion, should have caught. The limit doesn't have to stay at or below 6 pokemon.

I only ask that you please keep Sun and Moon discussion to the thread at the top of this page called the Catch & Release that is exclusively for Sun and Moon anime. This is only for Kanto - Kalos.

There have been a few that I think Ash should have caught.

Spoiler:

I think that is good for now. So what do all of you think? Are there other pokemon you think he should have caught? What about everyone else?

I will post my thoughts on other trainers later on.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I think they should've let Ash catch the Fearow in Kanto that evolved from the Spearow he hit in the first episode. It would've been a full circle moment from the first episode to the start of season 2 and it would've given Ash a bird Pokémon to replace Pidgeot.

Spoink in Hoenn, whether it was Ash, May, or Brock. Spoink was the funniest thing in the series and I wish it was shown more than twice. It would've been a good contest Pokémon for May with its psychic abilities and they could've made it losing its pearl and putting other round things on its head a running gag.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Before Miette was introduced, I wanted Serena to catch a Slurpuff because of her love of baking.

I think Dawn should've caught a Chikorita so she would have starters of all three types, one from her region and two from Johto. It would be like May having one Hoenn starter and two Kanto starters. Also, Grass is one of the types Dawn has never owned a Pokemon of.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Deino for Iris, very disappointed she didn't get one (after she bonded with one too, how cute!). Furthers her goal as a Dragon Master. Also should have evolved Axew at least once.

Pangoro/Absol - Mega for Serena. Makes her more relevant to the main schtick that was for Gen 6. It would have also been way better if Pancham went though self esteem issues because either was no longer cute and fit into Serena's routines (necessitating an arc where Serena and Pancham work around and it's just break dancing instead).

Honedge for XY Ash (good ol hero Ash in the XY anime needed a sword and shield to emphasise his heroicness in the Ash appreciation society that was XY)

Years
  • I was really expecting to see Ash catching a RIolu in Sinnoh, but he didn't. I was thinking the same thing for Kalos because Lucario has a Mega Evolution but nope. I was a little disappointed because Ash has an abillity to communicate (I think) with RIolu and Lucario using their aura.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Honestly, after Paul used his Drapion against ash, I always what would happen if he owned one, maybe during his Unova travels. Also whould have been cool if he traded 29 of his 30 Tauros

Years
  • Ash should have caught that Larvitar, I think out of all the pseudo-legendary Pokémon Larvitar line fits him the most. Also Scyther, so he could've take it to Johto with him and evolve into Scizor.

Brock needed more Rock-type Pokémon, I always wanted him to catch Omanyte or Aerodactyl and help it adapt to the modern times.

May should have caught Feebas and evolve it into Milotic.

Dawn should have caught Ponyta.

Iris - Druddigon and Deino line definitely.

Cilan - Ash's Leavanny and Deerling, wouldn't mind Ferroseed and Maractus aswell.

Serena - Furfrou and Vivillon, also Mawile/Absol for ORAS promotion.

Clemont - Electrike/Manectric. I mean, I'll never get why did they gave him Luxray instead.

Lana - Dewpider
    Mallow - Fomantis
    Lillie - Lana's Eevee
    Sophocles - Alolan Geodude and/or Voltorb.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Deino for Iris, very disappointed she didn't get one (after she bonded with one too, how cute!). Furthers her goal as a Dragon Master. Also should have evolved Axew at least once.

Pangoro/Absol - Mega for Serena. Makes her more relevant to the main schtick that was for Gen 6. It would have also been way better if Pancham went though self esteem issues because either was no longer cute and fit into Serena's routines (necessitating an arc where Serena and Pancham work around and it's just break dancing instead).

Honedge for XY Ash (good ol hero Ash in the XY anime needed a sword and shield to emphasise his heroicness in the Ash appreciation society that was XY)

I wish they could bring back Iris for at least an episode just like the way they did with Misty in the Hoenn series. Iris' Axew should have evolved into Fraxure now.

Back