• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Orre's Return

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
  • Hey guys! Since my other post is literally almost two years old (and if I post something on there it will get locked anyway) I thought I might start another thread featuring my old story, Orre's Return. And this time, more chapters have been completed! Yes, up to ten! And an addendum on any confusions raised during the first eight! And all the chapters have been revised to be more correct to the original canon of Colosseum and have had some grammatical errors fixed. If there are still any more that I missed, please don't hesitate to tell me! Also, chapters will be released some time every week. It could be any day of the week from now until I run into the road block of getting new chapters done. But hopefully I'll be able to get more chapters done enough to satisfy myself and you guys, most of all.

Without further ado, I give you, the revised "Orre's Return!!"

Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

WARNING: This story contains acts of severe violence, abuse/neglect, and frequent use of coarse language. Viewer discretion advised.
    DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon in any way; Nintendo and GAME FREAK own it.

Author's Note: This story takes place in Orre, once again, but years before the XD saga. Sinnoh Pokemon are present within the story, as well as a few Unova Pokemon, but only a few.

Chapter 1: Cipher's at it... again.

Wes, the hero of the region of Orre had seen many pokemon throughout his adventures, with his umbreon and espeon; he had seen many pokemon beaten, left to die, starved, and just plain killed, because to some people, pokemon are merely toys, child's playthings. Wes, on the other hand knows better, due to his class standing in society; throughout Orre, he is recognized as a hero, who never wants interviews with media, even those from other regions. He believes that respect should be spread in a less... explosive way. He should've taken at least one interview though, because now with no one knowing whether or not Wes is even there or not, Cipher has suddenly sprung back to life, and gone back to their old ways, with more than just extreme prejudice. Cipher is an organization that takes pokemon, and artificially closes the "door to their hearts", and the result is a Shadow Pokemon, which is a Pokemon that is surrounded by a purple aura that certain people or things can see. They can only use specific moves, and can regain themselves through a process called "purification". Made possible through the use of a Time Flute, which is now extremely rare, if non-existent now, or by using scents and massaging your Pokemon, or by just walking around with your pokemon and battling with them. Not only this, but new pokemon were discovered just recently. Pokemon from a region very far away and not known to him; as of now it was hidden from his goals, literally as it was on the other side of the ocean.

Wes spent the last couple of years battling Cipher, and took down their boss, Evice, who was arrested and sent to federal prison with no chance of parole, and an extremely high chance of death via the gallows. Now, thanks to his trickery and deceiving tactics, and a little help from a Mr. Gonzap from Team Snagem, he has escaped from prison and is wanted dead, with a very large bounty on his head. Cipher had spent the last couple of years gathering members willing to continue the saga of the Shadow Pokemon. The Under and all the people working with Wes years ago still keep in contact with Wes, while Eagun, the old man living out the rest of his days at Agate Village, had passed away. Crushed by grief and sorrow, his wife passed away shortly afterwards. They were buried near the altar where Shadow Pokemon were once purified, being watched over by Arceus, and watching over Wes in all of his travels, wishing him the best of luck. With Cipher's return, Wes has to return to the place that started his heroism in the first place; Team Snagem's Hideout. He hopped on his motorcycle, and headed out.

LATER...

Wes had arrived at the entrance to the Snagem Hideout, eager to start his journey in Orre all over again; he knew that this time, his opponents would be stronger, as well as the pokemon he had to purify. This journey is the hardest he'll ever face, but if he doesn't finish the job once and for all, the world will be doomed, leaving all pokemon to Cipher's control. He entered in the hideout, expecting thugs to attack him. To his surprise, ever since Gonzap's defeat, the hideout has remained empty. No one was inside right now, and nothing was left; except an empty building. Wandering throughout said building, Wes found absolutely nothing; it was completely stripped of everything Team Snagem. They must've finally moved away for good. However, in what was once Gonzap's office, a note was left on the wall, and it was addressed directly to Wes. It read,

"Wes, look what you've done to us. You've ruined us for good! So we're moving on to join the newly reformed Cipher, and if you want to see if we haven't gotten stronger, meet me at Pyrite City Colosseum, to face an endurance match against my teammates! I will have my revenge! -Gonzap of Cipher"

Well, at least now he knows where he is, and he already knows what he looks like. With a destination at hand, as well as a new goal to achieve, Wes exited the building, and drove off on his motorcycle, to the crass city of Pyrite.

END OF CHAPTER 1

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Here is Chapter 2! Next chapter next week! Enjoy!

Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

WARNING: This story contains acts of severe violence, abuse/neglect, and frequent use of coarse language. Viewer discretion advised. DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon in any way; Nintendo and GAME FREAK own it.

Author's Note: I'm hoping that the story becomes more popular, and that you guys will continue to read and enjoy these, as much as I am writing these. Thanks a bunch! Also, in a future scene (which is a battle), Shadow Claw is its own individual move, not a Shadow-based move. However, I feel that it should be treated like it, so that's how it's going to go. Also, the battle scene may seem a bit long; that's because it is. So, the first battle is written out, but the next two will be skipped, so next chapter will be the long battle against Gonzap.

Chapter 2: Haunting Pyrite Memories

Wes arrived in Pyrite Town at last, after 5 hours; during the night, Pyrite is said to have exceeding amounts of criminal activity. So far, there hasn't been any, as far as Wes could see. He decided to first pay a visit to the Sheriff's Office just a little bit down the way; he was walking along a ghastly road, and between each building, Wes saw them. The few people who neglect their pokemon, who leave them chained to a post with no food for weeks on end, who beat their pokemon half to death, and say "Walk it off," and those who just plain abuse their pokemon and release them if they don't do well in battles. Of course, these were only in his imagination, but the vision was as clear as the crystals on the legendary suicune. The very thought of this made Wes cringe, and sent shivers down his spine, as he arrived at the sheriff's office.

He entered the sheriff's office, only to find it barren. No inmates, no deputy, no nothing, not even the sheriff himself. Everyone was gone. He felt a vibration and a ringtone in his coat pocket; his old P*DA had rung, signaling an e-mail had been received. It was from an unknown sender, which read,

"To whom it may concern.

If you're reading this, all the citizens and tourists of Pyrite are now hostages to our will. If you surrender yourself now, Pyrite's citizens will be freed immediately. However, failure to comply will result in the death of everyone here, including you. Come to the Pyrite Colosseum, and pick your poison. The choice is yours."

Wes was now caught in a dire situation, and he received an ultimatum; risk himself for the lives of many, or risk the lives of many for himself. Both poisons may very well get himself killed. It's a risk he'll need to take in order to save the people of the town. He needed to negotiate with whoever is behind this. He needed to see whether or not Gonzap was still at the Colosseum, so he immediately ran over there as fast as he could. The attendant looked up in sudden relief to see Wes standing in the building, and she asked,

"Are you here to stop them?" in a whisper tone. Wes nodded, and the attendant pointed the way to the colosseum grounds, which were behind the big iron gate still standing after so many years.

Standing in the middle of the colosseum grounds, were mysterious men and women in gray-ish outfits, and wearing ridiculous-looking ascots around their necks. The biggest one of the bunch, with no doubt being Gonzap, the former leader of Team Snagem (due to his bolty mustache); the fact that he was wearing the largest suit that they had, and he was still too big for it was indeed a dead giveaway.

"So you've finally come, Wes... You've been a pain in my ass for the last time, and Cipher will stop you so we will take over all of the pokemon in the world! Standing behind me are all of Pyrite Town's lovely citizens, including the not-so-brave and powerful Chief. If you surrender yourself right now, all of these people will be freed, while you will take their place. Fail to cooperate, and not only you, but all these people will be taken away, to die a slow, painful death... by torture. You going to get down, or lay down?"

Gonzap, although clearly not being gangster enough to say that, put Wes between a geodude and a hard place. The lives of many, or the life of him? He had to compromise with Gonzap, so he challenged him and three other grunts to battle. If he loses, he'll let himself go, and let his pokemon be taken, and let everyone to die with him, but if he wins, everyone must be set free, and they must leave here, never to be seen here again. All the grunts seem to agree with this idea, because they think that they are going to win, due to the fact that they have stronger pokemon. Gonzap eventually comes to a decision,

"Alright. It's a deal. You'll face off against the three grunts you challenged first, respectively, and then you'll face me."

The first grunt walked forward to the circle, where trainers stand, as Wes did also. An epic endurance round was about to begin; no healing, and no rules. Wes will determine the fate of many citizens of Pyrite, as well as his own life. Wes sends out one of his old Shadow-turned purified pokemon, "metagross". The grunt sends out a breloom, and so the battles begin here.

The grunt makes the first move,

"Breloom, use Mach Punch!" The creature speeds forward at incredible speed, and punches the giant living mech for a little bit of damage. The mech shakes it off like it was nothing, and receives Wes' order to use a Psychic attack, though Wes hadn't spoke a word. The giant supercomputer's "X" in the middle of its head started to glow, as well as its already lit eyes, and the breloom was lifted up in the air. The metagross then flung the breloom into a wall of the colosseum, to land in the stands. The attack did super-effective damage, leaving bruises and a chip of its head lying on its body. The breloom had been knocked out, no sweat.

"Grr! Breloom, return!" The grunt held up the Pokeball and a red stream shot from the capsule, sucking the damaged creature back into its safe place. The grunt murmured to the ball,

"You worthless piece of shit! I can't believe you didn't even last a turn! You are the most useless Pokemon I have ever owned, and you are never getting any food until we get back to base, understand?!" Realizing his voice reached a little bit farther in volume, Wes heard every word he had said. What a disgusting trainer, he thought.

"Lucario, I choose you!" A stream of white light shot out of the grunt's next capsule, releasing an anthropomorphic jackal-like creature, with blue fur covering most of its body. Wes' old P*DA activated at the sight of the Lucario, and showed a small pane of glass with a camera on the front, a feature he never even knew existed. Wes looked through and saw a purple aura surrounding the jackal, signifying its shadow status. His first Shadow pokemon within his sight, he prepares his metagross for the worst.

"Lucario, use Shadow Sphere!" The jackal put its paws a couple of inches apart from each other, and concentrated using the purple aura of the heart's closed door. A ball of pure shadowy energy appeared and grew as it concentrated more, until it was at an optimal size to fire at the mech. Wes ordered metagross to dodge, but as the jackal fired, the sphere immediately found metagross and hit it with such force, that it almost shut down. Its X was chipped in many different areas. In fact, it was almost all gone. One of its legs started to malfunction, and purple bolts arced back and forth out of its circuitry. Wes decided to switch out, and give the mech a well-deserved rest, complementing its stupendous work, and promised it some food. Wes summoned his next pokemon, his espeon, Dawn, to the field. She was a strong pokemon, and willing to do anything to defend her master. Dawn opened up using Calm Mind, raising its special powers by a little bit, as well as her defense against projectiles and other things. The grunt gave his next order,

"Lucario, use Shadow Claw!" The jackal rushed forward and charged up its claw with the shadow energy it used before in Shadow Sphere, and ran towards Dawn. Wes ordered Dawn to dodge and use Future Sight. The gem on Dawn's head quickly gave a red sheen as Dawn sensed the jackal's movements and dodged the attack. The grunt ordered the next move, but the lucario's aura suddenly changed from purple to red with shades of black. Wes remembers this as Hyper Mode, where a Shadow Pokemon's critical hit ratio increases, but it may deal damage to itself at times. This gave Wes the opportunity he needed, and put up a Reflect, so that it will reduce the damage of the next physical move. This passed the first turn for Future Sight, but the grunts always seem to forget easily, so he ordered the next move.

"Lucario, use Shadow Rush!" The jackal became surrounded by the blood-red aura, and charged toward Dawn at full speed. The lucario tore through the shield no problem, but was slowed down, only dealing a little bit of damage to her. However, it was super effective, and it dealt quite a number on her; a couple of bruises here and there, but nothing serious. Wes ordered the last attack before Future Sight came into effect. He ordered Confusion on the jackal, and Dawn sent forth an invisible psychic wave, spinning lucario around like a ballerina, until it was confused. Finally, Future Sight came into being, as a strange, unknown wave of psychic energy out of nowhere hit lucario, almost to the point of knocking it out. The lucario was too weak to do anything; Wes, seizing the opportunity, pulls out a Pokeball with the Snag Machine's hand, and throws it at the lucario. An explosion of energy occurred on contact, as the lucario disappeared into the red and white sphere. The ball landed on the ground, as both Wes and the grunt looked eagerly; one was hoping it to be snagged, to free it from tyranny, while the other was hoping to keep it, and keep abusing it in the process. The ball shook once... twice... three times... CLICK! Lucario was successfully snagged out of the grunt's possession. The grunt, unable to cope with the loss of one of his only shadow pokemon, tried to take it back, but the ball quickly disappeared into Wes' PC account. The grunt had no idea what else to do, other than to surrender. He was such a wimp that as the battle ended, he literally walked over to Wes and handed over his last Shadow Pokemon. Wes just stood dumbfounded and couldn't help but actually chuckle a little bit. Immediately, the ball disappeared into Wes' PC. However, the fearless hero of Orre still had two more grunts to defeat, and Gonzap. Let's hope nothing bad happens.

TO BE CONTINUED...

END OF CHAPTER 2

Anyone who is interested in reading the story in better formatting, please P.M. me with a request. Also, anyone who wants to see future "custom" Shadow Pokemon, let me know and I can get people exact 3rd Gen statistics the way they want them. See you some time next week!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hmm, a different take on the Shadow Pokemon plan... interesting.

I'm curious on this point:
    This story takes place in Orre, once again, but years before the XD saga. Sinnoh Pokemon are present within the story, as well as a few Unova Pokemon, but only a few.
    How many years roughly? There's only five years between Colosseum and XD, so that doesn't give it much time. I've noticed that this seems to retconn XD events too (with Eagun being dead) - I take it this is your spin on an XD plot but with Evice free, Wes still around and so forth?

Colosseum/XD-esque stories do tend to be my weak spot and I like the general premise here of Wes fighting everyone again and how you're exploring a bunch of what-ifs, like what I mentioned above and other aspects such as that Team Snagem are still on Cipher's side. I'm curious to see how it continues!

I feel one thing you could try to work on is showing rather than telling. A lot of details are explained to us which is usually not as interesting to read as when we can tell 'this is happening' from the events themselves, rather than you as the narrator explaining. For example:
    Since Dawn is an espeon, it was able to read the lucario's movements and quickly dodge the jackal's movements and launch the attack.
    Here you are explaining how it could do all that. Rather if you wrote something along the lines of Espeon's head-gem glowing/it concentrating on the Lucario's movements before it leapt at the last second before counter-attacking, we as the reader can fill in the gaps and conclude that Espeon was "able to read the Lucario's movements". Meanwhile you can describe the attack and dodge instead and hence make more excitement.

Granted there are some times that you do show rather than just tell already, but it is something I feel could be kept in mind. Meanwhile, sometimes things were confusing though:
    However, it was super effective, and it dealt quite a number on her; a couple of bruises here and there, but nothing serious.
    The attack did a lot of damage, but there's only a few bruises and 'nothing serious' sounds contradictory to me. And while it is good to mention the bruises, we don't see how the Pokemon itself reacted, or what the attack looked like, just that it was 'super effective', which doesn't let us easily visualise how the battle is actually going; again, we're just told.

The beginning section was rather info-dumpy as well imo. I understand it's important for readers not familiar with Colosseum, but on the other hand the information could be both detailed further and introduced in smaller bits throughout the story as it becomes relevant. The reader doesn't need to know everything right then and there.

Lastly, watch for tenses as you mix it up sometimes which makes it read oddly, e.g. "Wes remembers this is Hyper Mode," (present), versus "The lucario tore through the shield no problem, but was slowed down," (past).

Still, the premise is neat; just need some tidying up on those aspects I feel to improve it. Good luck with the rest!

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Thank you for checking it out! I really do appreciate it, and I'll take a little time in the interim between these chapters to address some of what you have to say.

How many years roughly? There's only five years between Colosseum and XD, so that doesn't give it much time. I've noticed that this seems to retconn XD events too (with Eagun being dead) - I take it this is your spin on an XD plot but with Evice free, Wes still around and so forth?

I only imagined about three years. It's getting on the brink of XD, but things will unfold later that haven't been mentioned earlier. For instance, Eagun hasn't even been mentioned yet. That doesn't exactly mean he's dead... yet. As for the XD plot, this is more a spin on a Colosseum plot. Not that I haven't taken into consideration including aspects from XD, but I wanted to keep it purely Colosseum-based. Although, there is one aspect of XD that leaked through, and that is multiple shadow moves per Shadow Pokemon, but I think a lot of people playing Colosseum wanted to see more Shadow moves than just Shadow Rush.

I feel one thing you could try to work on is showing rather than telling. A lot of details are explained to us which is usually not as interesting to read as when we can tell 'this is happening' from the events themselves, rather than you as the narrator explaining.

It's just how I write. I've read books from authors who just do a lot of telling rather than showing. Like Ayn Rand for example, and her novelette "Anthem". She paints some vivid pictures in her settings, but is VERY wordy and tells more so than she shows. I guess that explains why some things aren't as interesting to read, huh? I kid, but I'm also being serious. I'll definitely keep this in mind as I progress through in editing these before releasing them.

The attack did a lot of damage, but there's only a few bruises and 'nothing serious' sounds contradictory to me. And while it is good to mention the bruises, we don't see how the Pokemon itself reacted, or what the attack looked like, just that it was 'super effective', which doesn't let us easily visualise how the battle is actually going; again, we're just told.

When one charges into another head-on, one just doesn't get teeth knocked out or cuts on their arm or any injury of that caliber... I tried to imagine it as an initial impact in a game of rugby or hockey. Usually those guys get hit once or twice very hard and they're bruised. Any more and they start getting injured more. Also, I'm trying to think in competitive aspects of the games themselves (which you'll see MUCH later on in the story). For instance, this lucario that Wes is fighting (and yes, it's not capitalized for a reason) isn't exactly fit for Physical attacks (which should explain why Wes' metagross was already almost fainted from one attack). See, as I'm trying to come up with all the Pokemon to fight, I'm trying to come up with stats and moves for each Pokemon on the battlefield (usually on the spot, but sometimes with some planning beforehand, especially when it's a more... important battle), but not exactly show it on here. Although, I will keep the Pokemon's reactions in mind as I'm going through all the chapters that actually feature Pokemon battles.

The beginning section was rather info-dumpy as well imo. I understand it's important for readers not familiar with Colosseum, but on the other hand the information could be both detailed further and introduced in smaller bits throughout the story as it becomes relevant. The reader doesn't need to know everything right then and there.

Again, it's just how I write. And I feel that if things aren't painted well enough in the picture department, then no one can see how a town really is, even for those unfamiliar with Colosseum or XD. Again (and even though you may or may not like her all that much), refer to Ayn Rand's novelette, "Anthem".

Rather if you wrote something along the lines of Espeon's head-gem glowing/it concentrating on the Lucario's movements before it leapt at the last second before counter-attacking, we as the reader can fill in the gaps and conclude that Espeon was "able to read the Lucario's movements". Meanwhile you can describe the attack and dodge instead and hence make more excitement.

I 100% agree and I will keep this in mind.

Lastly, watch for tenses as you mix it up sometimes which makes it read oddly, e.g. "Wes remembers this is Hyper Mode," (present), versus "The lucario tore through the shield no problem, but was slowed down," (past).

That example you pointed out is a spelling error on my part. It happens to the best of us, right? I'll fix it up. But thanks for pointing it out! I feel that if people really look they can see some things that I miss. And I am TERRIBLE at seeking out the tiniest details. So thanks again!

And I hope I cleared some stuff up for you. I honestly never expected a reply THAT long. Almost like you were giving a critical review on it... Lol! But that's honestly okay. I decided to put this on here, I should expect those types of replies more often. (And just so you know, I understand that it wasn't meant to be a critical review (more along the lines of constructive feedback), but it just felt that way. :) ) Anyway, thanks for checking it out, and wanting to see how it unfolds more! I will take your constructive feedback in mind as I'm going through all of these!

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

WARNING: This story contains acts of severe violence, abuse/neglect, and infrequent use of coarse language. Viewer discretion advised. DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon in any way; Nintendo and GAME FREAK own it. Any part of the related subject matter mentioned in this story is copyrighted and intellectual property of Nintendo Corporation LLC and GAME FREAK Inc. All rights reserved.

FURTHER DISCLAIMER: While this story is entirely non-canon, it was written as a "what-if" story in two different senses of the word: 1) an entire what-if scenario where Cipher returned, merged with Team Snagem, and new challenges await Wes, and 2) a "what-if-it-was-canon" story. Treat it how you want, be it as canon or non-canon, but as the author, I say read it like it is canon. You just might enjoy it more.

Chapter 3: Snagged Cipher Clean... for now.

Finally, at daybreak, only two trainers stood; Wes, hero of the region of Orre, looking to stop the merged Cipher, who re-emerged after a merger with Team Snagem. And the other was Gonzap, former leader of Snagem, who decided to merge Snagem and Cipher, in exchange for breaking Evice out of prison. The events of the past make it back to not only Wes, but Gonzap as well; for Wes, sweet victory, and for Gonzap, bitter defeat. Gonzap plans revenge against Wes, but of course only Fate can ultimately decide the outcome. The two trainers stood, staring at each other with some degree of malice. Gonzap sent out his first pokemon, a pokemon which is called "Luxray" in the region it came from. The luxray looks like a feline of some sort, and it seems to be an electric-type according to the P*DA. Wes didn't have any ground-types on him, and all of his pokemon were exhausted after the last three battles. His typhlosion, Volcon, was fainted, as well as Dawn, Drago (salamence) and metagross. He must make use of the last two pokemon he has, or otherwise he loses, and Pyrite will still be in Cipher's hands, and that means the blood of all the citizens of Pyrite will soak on Wes' hands. All he has left is his absol and the lucario that he received after defeating Evice and served peace and justice to the region of Orre. He has to go for lucario; it's his only chance so far. Wes grabbed the pokeball and threw it to the battlefield; the capsule exploded with white light as it opened, releasing the almost 4 foot tall jackal on the battlefield. It was do or die, starting now.

Gonzap made his first move,

"Luxray, use Howl!" The feline howled very loudly, raising its attack stat. Wes had to think carefully on the choice of move, otherwise he's screwed. Wes ordered lucario to use Bulk Up. Lucario concentrated, as the muscles in its body bulked up a lot, raising its attack and defense stats. Gonzap thought very carefully on this next move.

"Alright luxray, use Thunder Fang!" The lion's teeth suddenly filled with electricity as it charged forward. The cat jumped towards the buff jackal, roaring with such ferocity before biting its neck. The electricity surged right through lucario, but it did only a little damage thanks to the effects of Bulk Up. What's left is only a bite mark, with blood dripping from them. Wes finally ordered the attack "Bone Rush" against the big cat. Bone Rush, being a Ground-type move, will deal a lot of damage against luxray and other Electric-types. The jackal concentrated, and formed a bone out of pure aura, gripping it with its huge paws. Charging forward at full speed, the jackal hits the luxray once, twice, three times, and four times before being knocked back pitifully by the lion. Bones were fractured, gashes made, and the eyelids of the luxray were swollen; and the lion staggered and fell on its legs, unable to muster any strength to fight, let alone stand, as lucario made the bone dissolve in thin air. Luxray was defeated. Gonzap pulled out its pokeball, and said,

"Luxray, return." The ball opened, as a beam of red made contact with the bruised lion, and sucked it back in. Who knows what might happen to the poor pokemon once they get back. Maybe getting permanently boxed away in Gonzap's PC account. Gonzap sends out his next pokemon,
    "Flareon, I choose you!" He threw another pokeball, and it exploded with blue energy as it opened, and out came the fiery fox, flareon. Wes' P*DA reacted to the sight of the fox, and showed him it was the aura of shadows; it's heart is closed. To put bluntly, that's a Shadow flareon. Wes is going to have a challenge ahead of him. Definitely. Wes ordered the first move, lucario's signature move, "Aura Sphere". Lucario focused a glowing ball of aura between its two paws, until it got to a size big enough to throw at flareon. The jackal fired the ball at high speed.

"Flareon, jump and dodge!" Gonzap ordered. The fox obeyed, but lucario quickly caught control of the ball, and started redirecting it towards the flareon.

"Flareon, keep trying to dodge it as best you can!" he ordered. The fox landed on the ground, and started running very fast to lose the incoming ball, even going so far as to jump through the stands, and running across the stadium. Wes' plan is to keep Flareon running enough so that it can't keep up running. About 2 minutes passed, and the fox looked exhausted, and tripped and fell over. The ball quickly closed in on the fox, and impacted with such force, that it took one hit to have it stunned. Wes pulled out a pokeball, and with the throw from his hand, the ball made contact, and energy exploded as the flareon was sucked into the red and white capsule. The ball landed, as Wes, his lucario, and Gonzap looked eagerly; if Wes succeeds, Pyrite Town will be saved, and Cipher will have to evacuate. But if Wes fails, he still has to snag it. The ball shook once... twice... three times... CLICK! Flareon was successfully snagged out of Gonzap's possession! Gonzap, clearly scootrified, runs over to the ball to try and take it, but the ball quickly disappears into Wes' PC account. While Wes returns his lucario and congratulates it, Gonzap falls to the ground on his knees, cursing loudly and making big holes in the ground with his fists, like any big, blubbering baby would. Gonzap, unbeknownst to Wes, had suddenly remembered a plan he hatched all along just in case he lost. So he gets up, feigning submission, and pulling out 4,500 Pokedollars. Wes reached out to Gonzap to take the money; as soon as Wes made contact with the money, Gonzap grabbed his arm with his other hand, and yelled,

"NOW!" The grunts remembered their signal, and pulled out guns on all the townsfolk. Wes was fooled so badly that he puts a certain cat from a cartoon he saw to shame.
    Gonzap grabbed Wes by the hair, forcing him on his knees, looking at the poor townsfolk, and said,

"Don't try any funny business, Wes! Make one false move and Pyrite Town's dead! Either you surrender and we take you and Pyrite away, or we kill the townspeople and take you away. Or we could just kill you all together." Gonzap negotiated. Now Wes is in a dire situation the likes of which he hasn't faced before! He either must let all of Pyrite be killed and taken over by Cipher, or surrender himself and be taken away with the rest of the town. Either way, the blood will shed on Wes' hands. He had to do what's best for the people, and try to prolong the suffering for as long as possible. Wes hung his head low, and gave into submission.
    "Excellent! Grunts, move out!" The grunts forced the citizens to get up and go to the hover car that was parked outside all along. They were all forced inside, one by one, but Wes was saved a spot in the front, while two grunts sat in the back with Pyrite's citizens. The hover car started and took off. Wes was clearly doomed.

END OF CHAPTER 3

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this latest outing. What will happen to the citizens of Pyrite? Will Wes be able to save them? Only time will tell. ;) For now though, be sure to stay tuned! Ciao!

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

WARNING: This story contains acts of severe violence, abuse/neglect, and frequent use of coarse language. Viewer discretion advised. DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon in any way; Nintendo and GAME FREAK own it.

Chapter 4: Tournament of Fate Part 1

The hover car finally stopped at a building shaped like a typical diamond or a rhombus converted into 3-D. The door opened as the grunt and Gonzap forced Wes outside, and the three grunts opened the back door to force Pyrite Town's denizens out and into the open. Guns pointed to the crowd, they were guided by Gonzap into the giant building, through giant metallic doors. The building was everything you'd expect from a 21st century technologically-tiered laboratory; it was like a tricked out Silph-Co. building, but with lights reflecting off the snow white walls and floors. Through twists and turns, up and down stairs, and through door after door after door, finally, Wes and the prisoners arrived inside a room; and right in the middle of the room, was a towering metal cage, standing maybe at ten feet tall and thirteen feet wide. Wes, as well as all of Pyrite Town's people, were forced into the cage, but one person immediately tried to force themselves out by shaking the cage to try and break the bars when the door closed. One of the grunts stood there with his hands at his hips, laughing loudly, saying,

"Haha! I wouldn't do that if I were you," the person suddenly stopped cold in his tracks, "these bars are wired with electricity! One touch and you're getting shocked worse than a raikou's thunderbolt! Haha!" The people all looked at Wes, as if he had done something wrong; indeed, he did none of what they were thinking; how was he supposed to know? He had sealed Pyrite's denizen's fates, when he was captured. Wes just sat down on the floor of the cage, looking back on all the heroism he had accomplished. He defeated Team Snagem and Cipher, he thought for good. He had captured and successfully purified all of the shadow pokemon he had to capture before this, and beaten the Mt. Battle challenge, and received a legendary bird, one that went by the name, "Ho-oh"; the very same bird that flew over him after the defeat of Evice. Now what had all of that done to him in the future? Good things don't reflect on good people that often, do they? Sometimes, Nature's Power can be a bitch, given the right circumstances.

5 hours later...

A grunt came into the room, with a tray full of food, and pokeballs. He walked toward the cage, and yelled,

"Here, eat and then divide these pokeballs amongst yourselves; we will test your abilities in the heat of battle, to see if you're worthy enough to live." The grunt set down the tray through the small hole in the cage door, and Wes received it. The grunt walked out of the room, casually. The denizens ate their food, while Wes did not eat anything; he thought, why should he deserve to eat when he just basically killed all of his friends...? Why? The chief walked up to him, and gave him a little pep talk,

"Howdy, son. Listen, I know I've been a little 'soft' on all my inmates in the past; when these guys get back into my jail, they're going to wish they'd never messed with me! I'm behind you all the way, buddy! We are going to escape with our lives! Now listen, I've got a plan," Wes listened intently, "okay. The first thing that we're going to do, is as soon as we get to battle each other, you should win (but I'm not going easy on you), and as soon as I win, we knock out the security guards, destroy the cameras, bust a hole to glory, and we're home free! Then we gotta let everyone know that Cipher is back, and immediately let the- MMMMFFF!" The chief was interrupted, as Wes pointed up to the camera watching their every move; the cameras were equipped with super-sensitive small-condenser microphones, which could be heard through the control room. Wes thought as hard as he could... he said that they're going to have to improvise, in a dead-tone volume. Soon, the denizens of Pyrite and Wes divided up the pokeballs amongst each other, and a voice emanated from the PA system,

"Please exit the cage in a single-file line; don't try anything stupid, it will get you killed in a snap. One by one, exit the cage, and all along the front of the door." The people obeyed, with Wes being the last to exit, providing no resistance to the already futile situation he and Pyrite were in. The inmates were guided through rooms and hallways yet again, so that they may be tried in the lair's arena, where they may battle to determine life or death.

The inmates have arrived in the huge arena, with a crowd of Cipher agents cheering, throwing beer and popcorn all over the arena floor, the setting was already unpleasing enough. On a balcony high above, adorned with some of the most sought after materials in the world, out stepped a short, old man in a purple cloak, wearing half-lens glasses, and holding a walking cane that's just fit for his size, at a measly 3 feet tall. The old man stepped on a chair, thanks to one of his assistants with blue hair, and gray and black-colored robes with one blue stripe down the middle. He picked up the microphone up at the balcony rail and announced in a ghastly voice,

"Ladies and gentlemen, grunts and admins! Today, Cipher has been reborn to whole new degree! Tonight, one of these lucky prisoners has the chance to live and be a new Cipher Admin, while the rest, shall suffer a gruesome fate, with the houndoom waiting in the dungeon below, to torture them to death... slowly..." the crowd made "ooooooooh"s to try and intimidate the denizens of Pyrite and Wes. To some, it worked. Nails fell to the floor at some person's feet, and stained pants were made, while Wes looked at them with disbelief. The old man continued,

"Our first ever 'Tournament of Fate' shall commence immediately!" the crowd roared louder than 4 luxray roaring at high volume.

"Pay attention to the jumbotron hanging from the ceiling, for the tournament standings!" the old man said, as the crowd stared at the jumbotron, seeing the tournament standings. The faces of everyone were in the 16 jumbling frames, decorated with twin vines intertwined across the frames. The jumbling continued for a good 30 seconds, until the first four pictures have been decided. Wes was in the fourth frame, and a lone citizen, wearing a light-blue coat, a red winter cap, and wearing black shoes, was in the third frame. It was Rider James, and like Wes, he was a lone wolf with a vehicle to match his suits (and that vehicle happened to be a really shitty hover car). The chief's face had been depicted in the first frame, and a woman in purple leather hat, and leather suit and pants, appeared in the second frame. She was a hunter herself, but she preferred gambling with her pokemon more. Her name was Malina, and she was determined to win at any cost. Chief Sherles versus Rider Malina, and her vehicle of choice was a stylishly impractical hover car, adorned with decorations all over the place, but painted black and red (this was even worse than James' hover car). The chief's car was above all else, a police cruiser. Who cares?

The other side of the bracket was decided, and the tournament was ready to begin. Within minutes, the crowd went nuts over seeing the defeat of Sherles, throwing old candy wrappers, soda cans and bottles, and hard objects at the defenseless chief. The first trainers went through their battle fairly quickly; the battles were a one-on-one battle to the death, where no items are allowed to be used, and pokemon get attacked until they draw their last breath. There are no rules, there is no turning back.

END OF CHAPTER 4

Well. The end of another chapter. Remember, if I forget anything or make any sort of mistake, don't hesitate to point it out, along with any constructive criticism! Thanks, guys!

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

Author's Note: The first four chapters have been revised and corrected, however, if you still see any problems, DO NOT hesitate to let me know. Anyway, here it is; a twist in the tournament? Will Chief Sherles and Wes be able to make it out alive? Let's find out!

Chapter 5: Tournament of Fate (PART II):

The tournament had finally taken a slight turn for the better, as it turned out that Chief Sherles had won his battle; so had Wes, and six other citizens. The strange, little old man started to yell through the microphone as the crowd died down,

"Now, in this next round, we will have the contestants pair up in a double battle! That's right, I have decided to go straight on to the quarterfinals!" On the bracket, it showed that Wes and Sherles were paired up; the other three pairs were all trainers from Duel Square, over near the windmill and shop.

"For the first of two rounds of the quarterfinals, we have Wes and Chief Sherles, facing off against Street Performer Diogo, and Rollerboy Lon!" Wes and Chief Sherles stepped forth with the pokemon that were assigned to them, surprisingly healed before the battle. The two trainers standing before them were giving death glares, especially to Wes, who still think that he had done the citizens all this wrongdoing, when it was in fact Cipher's fault, for being so stingy and just wouldn't stay down and out! The pokemon that had been given to Wes and the Chief were nothing short of powerful, surprisingly. They had been... "imported", from a different region, one called Sinnoh. It was a region known for being really far across the ocean, and for its beautiful and lush landscapes and distant history, going all the way back to when time and space were first created with the beings of time and space themselves. He had to guess that these weren't the most powerful pokemon to choose from the region, but they were powerful nonetheless. Wes had been given a new evolution to one of his old pokemon, one called a weavile, which looked a lot like his sneasel! While Sherle's pokemon was none other than another Eeveelution, it had leaves strewn about its body, as if they were part of it. It had been called out as "leafeon"... odd. His opponents had the upper-hand, an elemental advantage; and needless to say, the pokemon he recognized not as just ordinary pokemon, but as his own, were his typhlosion and lucario. For the first time in a long while, he had felt pure anger well up inside him. He was raring to go at them like an aipom on crack-cocaine. The old man announced,

"Ready...? BEGIN!"

The crowd cheered as Wes made the first move, an effective Rock Smash attack was thrown at the jackal. His defense stat was lowered after the hit, meaning he could try and make it less painful in a shorter time for lucario. Lon had given the order for Wes' typhlosion to use Flamethrower on the leafeon, but the fox had successfully dodged the attack, and was able to land a Bite attack, which it had inherited from its unstable pre-evolution as a level-up move. The lucario was then given the order to try a Hi-Jump Kick against the weavile. The weavile almost hadn't seen it coming, but had it have been later that weavile looked back, she might not have survived. The jackal had taken serious recoil from missing the attack, and was almost ready to go down. The next turn began, as Wes gave the order for the weavile to use Assist, and then thanks to the help of the leafeon, it charged at the lucario at such blinding speeds, it was almost too fast to see weavile clearly; literally being a blur. The weavile stood behind him, and opened up his claws. The jackal fell flat on its chest spike, while Lon called back Wes's pokemon.

"I'm sure your trainer over there would be very proud, lucario," Lon had secretly said to the jackal while in its capsule. Lon was eliminated, leaving only Diogo with Wes's typhlosion. The typhlosion had landed a successful attack against the Leafeon, setting it on fire and letting its leaves burn; Wes was sure that what typhlosion was doing was making typhlosion feel absolutely horrible, remorseful... Wes looked at typhlosion with a reassuring look, telling him that it's alright. I'm sure we'll find you and the rest of the gang soon, buddy, thought Wes. Wes gave the order to land an Icy Wind attack against his buddy. The bitter-cold wind blew through typhlosion, lowering his speed stat, giving the opportunity to land one last attack, weavile's pioneering move, Night Slash. And so it was that the first round of the quarter finals had been won to Wes and Chief Sherles. As Lon passed Wes, he told him,

"I'm going to break you all out of here, even if it kills me." Wes simply replied, with

"We'll see about that after you deal with the houndoom."

END OF CHAPTER

Well, another end to another chapter. Initially I wished to myself that I hadn't made this chapter so short. But in hindsight a lot of older authors sometimes did short chapters or sections of a book. I guess this chapter is probably just as short as "King Lear"'s Act IV Scene V. But anyway, I hope you guys liked it! I guess I just don't really enjoy writing battle sequences, because they can just go on and on. Anyway, remember to leave any constructive feedback and let me know if you enjoy the story so far! Chapter 11's coming along slowly, but it will get there. I promise. ;)

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Here's another chapter! My longest chapter ever! Hope you all enjoy! If you all so choose, like Tolkien and The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings series of books, I can post a short addendum of why I capitalize certain things and other stuff.

Anyways, here's the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

Author's Note: Last part of the tournament, the semifinals and the finals! As I promised at the end of last chapter, this is going to be a long one! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I'm going to! School has been keeping me occupied the last couple of weeks, and I'm happy with the reception that this has gotten. Thanks so much! :D

Chapter 6: Tournament of Fate (PART III): The Interruption

The strange old man had spoken after the quarterfinals were over,

"After a dashing display of some quarterfinal battles, we're finally going to get underway with the semifinals! In the semifinals, I have decided to revert back to single-trainer battles! Each trainer will now send out two pokemon on the field at once, items and substitutions will be disallowed, including moves that force you to switch you out, like Roar and Whirlwind; Baton Pass will also be disallowed from the semifinals. Without any further ado, pay attention to the screen to see the randomized selection of the combatants!"

The pictures of the last four contestants were jumbled up for 15 seconds, and the pictures showed Wes against Rogue Cail, while Sherles was facing off against Chaser Calda. Sherles and Calda were first up on the stadium floor. Sherles' pokemon consisted of an ariados and another pokemon he's never seen before. It was said to have come from, "the greatest region in the world", wherever that may be; might be full of some pompous narcissists. The pokemon has a head with a mohawk, large rounded eyes on either side of its head, and a mouth that's always frowning from the looks of it. It appears to have bits of... fabric, or some sort of material around its neck and lower body, ending in a tail with a crest. A rather large crest at that. The little old man spoke through with much anticipation,

"Oooooohhh! We've got ourselves a little treat here, folks! Looks like the Chief's got a new pokemon! We've got an ariados and scrafty on the field! This is going to be very good!"

Scrafty? It looks interesting. In the P*DA, the pokemon is a Dark/Fighting-type, is very bulky, good at physically attacking the opponent, and has a very large movepool. Wes secretly sent the information to Sherles through an email. The email sent, he uploaded the information of scrafty to his own P*DA, and the machine scanned the pokemon. It knew the moves Hi-Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Crunch, and Ice Punch. Calda's two pokemon consisted of familiar pokemon to Wes, which was a camerupt and altaria, two pokemon from the Hoenn region. Easy win... Hopefully for Wes and Sherles... Being of an old age, Sherles can still battle (even better when he's motivated enough, and he certainly is, definitely) like no one could guess through his outside appearance. This could get interesting...

"I doubt the chief will survive this battle... But anyway, let the battle... BEGIN!" shouted the old man.

Calda was the first to make her move, and immediately ordered her altaria to use Dragonbreath on Sherles' scrafty. It had swiftly dodged the crackling breath, and Sherles quickly ordered the scrafty to use Ice Punch against altaria, because it was four times as effective against these types of pokemon. The punch makes contact; the altaria flies backwards, as frost spread across its body. As soon as it was enveloped, the pokemon fell to the ground, frozen in a transparent glacier, motionless; cryogenically preserved, while the ariados attacked the charizard with a jab-type attacked seeped in poison, a move called "Poison Jab", as exclaimed by the old man in the balcony high above Wes' head. The jab made a small gash in charizard's side; the beast shook it off like it was nothing, but cringed over in pain, as the poison seeped through the gash made in charizard's side. The poison had proceeded through its system, dealing damage at a steady rate. It would be over soon in a little bit. The next turn came along, and disaster struck; and by disaster, I mean the altaria had thawed out of the ice thanks to the charizard using flamethrower against it, and after that, the altaria had used Aerial Ace against the ariados, slashing through it, and leaving a giant hole on the left side of its thorax, leaving bodily organs present to the outside world; a lesson in anatomy kids, the thorax is everything in the abdomen of an arthropod. So now you could see an ariados stomach and intestinal system exposed to the elements of the outside. But that didn't matter now, Sherles' believing in the pokemon he was using was all he had, and his determination led to one of the finishing attacks launched by the ariados, an attack Wes had never seen before known as Cross Poison, which has a tendency to land critical hits more often, and may also poison the foe. Being weakened already from the Ice Punch thrown by scrafty, the Cross Poison did already-considerable damage to the altaria, causing it to be knocked out. The desperate rider called back her rental pokemon, and scolded it for its worthless effort, knowing full-well that all the losers are going to die, if Wes doesn't win this and do something speedy to free them all... it wasn't Wes' fault that they had gotten themselves captured, but it was his fault that he offered himself and the entire town of Pyrite as a tribute just to survive... if only there was someone else out there who was wondering where they all were... Little did everyone in that stadium know, that news of this fiasco, and even the hover car that had carried them had been reported to the local news station by a local professor at the Pokemon HQ Lab, just west of Agate Village. The charizard was the next to attack, and it launched a Heat Wave attack, hitting both scrafty and ariados. It burned through the spider's body and its organs, knocking it unconscious, organs searing and sizzling due to that intense heat. The scrafty was hit pretty hard, but managed to stay on its feet for these last few legs of the match. Sherles was in a pickle; the only two moves that would really do any sort of considerable damage on the charizard would be Crunch and Ice Punch, but the charizard has boosted defenses from training, so Sherles had no other choice but to try a Bulk Up attack. So he ordered his scrafty to Bulk Up, and so it did, gaining considerable muscle mass, and raising its Attack and Defense stats by a stage. The scrafty looked at the Chief, and gave it a look of reassurance, as if saying, "I'm going to dodge this next attack. Just you watch," and the Chief nodded his head, ending his turn. The rider was careful in her choice of moves, and decided to use Air Cutter, a move which has a chance of landing a critical hit more often. Just in the nick of time, the lizard jumps up and out of the way when the attack was supposed to land, and gave the order for the finishing blow, Crunch. The lizard dives toward the dragon and attacks with its mouth wide open, and lands the finishing blow by landing a gash in the dragon's neck, severing its jugular vein. Blood spews all over the arena, and some lands on the audience. There was no need to call the charizard back to its ball, but the shocked rider had done so anyway, before the giant dragon had fallen stone-cold on the stadium floor. The little old man spoke with a jolt of fear running down his spine,

"Uhh... We- we have a winner, folks! Let's give a big, warm round of applause to the Chief for his surprisingly good battling skills!" Instead of the booing and more soda cans and popcorn tubs flying at him, he got a steadily rising cheer of applause, even from members of Cipher, for his well-received battle; there was blood and guts, good strategies, and an easy win for the Chief, surprisingly. The audience was happy they got to see the Chief kick some ass once again. But now it was the deciding moment; no matter who won or lost, Wes and all of the citizens of Pyrite were getting out of there, and becoming one step closer to ending the criminal syndicate once again.

"Alright folks," the old man yelled with pure excitement, "it's time for the FINALS!" The crowd cheered louder than a rocker's 5,000 watt amp and gigantic speaker cabinet at full blast. "And for the final match, we have two "heroes" (one is very subjective) on the field tonight. We have Wes, who had single-handedly defeated Evice and Gonzap, with that blasted little girl next to her side... He was able to snag all the shadow pokemon and save Orre, yay!" he sighed with regret and disappointment, mainly towards his audience, which consisted of Cipher grunts and admins, most notably Gonzap, who stuck out from the rest of the audience. They all remained silent as the old man continued to stare them down. Then he continued, "And the winner of our most recent match, the most unlikely underdog, Chief Sherles." The crowd cheered for Sherles, as he gained recognition from the most unlikely of people for his renewed battling prowess. "But today, one shall leave, and the rest shall not be spared so easily... For the final battle, we have no rules for this; for all I care, it could be a battle to the death! You choose the rules, but I'll choose the prizes..." For this, Wes and Sherles confronted each other, for possibly the last time, and chose the rules in secret. In this secret conversation...

"Alright Wes, the fate of me and Pyrite Town could very well be in your hands. Let's pick the rules wisely and try to get on out of here. What say you to a double battle, with only one substitution allowed for the match. Let's make it so tha- MMFF!" Again, Wes cupped his mouth, and whispered his plan to Sherles.

"Okay Wes... if you really think that'll work..." Wes had something else up his sleeve in case something from the outside interfered. "That can work too! Alright, I'm in." The Chief announced the plan, "Alright, we'll have a single battle featuring only one of our pokemon out on the field, with only one substitution allowed, and items will be allowed to be held on our pokemon. And that's it," Sherles finished.

"Okay then. I have decided, since I'm a nice old man, I will spare you and your town, should you win Sherles, and you shall die as your consolation prize, Wes! However, should you win, Wes, you will be spared, and will be free to roam the region once again, but should you meddle with our plans again, I swear I will see to it that you are completely and utterly obliterated! While Sherles, you and your town will not be spared... so easily... So, do we have an agreement?" asked the short man. Wes and Sherles, regrettably nodded their heads to each other, and replied "Yes."

"Perfect! Battlers, take your positions!"

Wes and Sherles both stood at opposite ends of the stadium, a crowd full of bloodthirsty Cipher grunts and admins waiting to see the battle of a lifetime; Wes, the hero of Orre and savior of the world, versus Chief Sherles, another ordinary Chief of a small town in the region of Orre. At any time, something could happen...

"Let the battle... BEGIN!" said the tiny, old man. However, before the battle could even begin with the trainers even sending out their pokemon, an explosion blew out the side of the building, vaporizing an entire side of the audience. What silhouette that appeared out of the smoke could this be of? Human? Pokemon? What DID appear was that of both human and pokemon; being that the local police are gone, and the federal police are assholes, the person who took it upon himself to report this had gotten his best pokemon, and blasted the hole in the wall. It was Professor Krane, lead professor at the Pokemon HQ Laboratory who lead the charge, along with his trusty dragonite. A brave man, a dirty blonde head of hair, glasses, green polo and light tan khakis, made only from the finest tauros leather. As he looked toward Wes and Sherles, he said,

"Chief, get you and your citizens out of here! You in the blue coat, come along with me. Let's get your pokemon back." Sherles proceeded opposite from Wes and Krane to free all of the citizens of Pyrite who had lost in this tournament, and were taken away to the torture chamber, to be tortured by the houndoom awaiting their arrival. Wes ran and jumped through the hole Krane's dragonite made, and caught up with Krane. He said while running,

"I'm guessing that you're wondering how I got here! *pant* Well, passing through the desert, I saw a familiar-looking hover car, similar to the one used by Cipher years ago. When I saw the car, I immediately went to Pyrite to get the local law enforcement, but the only person there was literally an attendant for the stadium in the far-end of town. She said that Cipher had kidnapped the Chief and you along with the rest of Pyrite to this place, which is in progress of becoming their new Shadow pokemon distribution facility. You didn't happen to encounter any yet, have you?" Wes shook his head as they continued through the shining silver halls. "I see... Well then, *pant* let's get your pokemon back and get the hell out of here!" Sounded like a good plan to Wes...

END

Well, I think that this is a good place to end this part of the story! I hope you enjoyed this! In case you guys are wondering why certain things are meant to be capitalized and are actually not, I'll make an addendum and guide of why I do this. Thanks, and don't forget to R&R and follow me!

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
    Years
  • Oops! A little late. Sorry! Life and my new job have been kicking my butt recently.

Anyways, here's chapter seven!

I also have a special request for anyone interested at the bottom of this post.

Orre's Return

By Hollis Pierman

Finally, after a long hiatus, I'll get back to writing this in short bursts at a time, as I'm currently in school, going to be getting a job soon, and trying to manage a band (not for much longer though). Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter that I have been working on for pretty much two years!

Chapter VII: The Escape

As Wes and Krane charged through the facility to find Wes' pokemon, Krane gave Wes his e-mail so they can communicate between each other. The professor explained where he came from,

"I came from the Pokemon HQ Laboratory, in the very northwest of Orre, farther from Agate Village," and pinpointed the location on a map of Orre that was conveniently placed in a nearby corridor for Cipher members. "You can reach it by crossing the Agate River and going past the old groves and manor. Do you have a way of transportation to guide me back to the lab?" Krane asked, exhausted. Wes explained he only had his motorcycle with a sidecar. "Oh, then you can probably go around the river and the west side of Mt. Battle, and go directly west to reach the laboratory." explained Krane. Soon after, the two reached a storage facility full of Poke Balls of all kinds, even some he didn't know about, including a two-tone pink and purple ball that sometimes leaks a pink mist. And one two-tone red and gray ball with special markings on the front... probably for some special events. Wes grabbed all the Pokeballs that were his, which were all under a cylindrical pane of glass and on a cushion, conveniently labelled, "Wes' Pokeballs". Wes had received the rest of his party back! And now it was time to escape this hell hole, once and for all. But in order to even get back to his motorcycle (which may or may not have been trashed), he would have to go through hordes of grunts and the remaining grunts left in the facility that weren't killed by Krane's explosions. And there were tons of hordes waiting to kill him. Wes called out his Espeon and Typhlosion to quickly knock out the grunts with a combination of flurries of Psychic attacks and Flamethrowers, a strategy he dubbed "Destiny Red". Wes got it from something he saw while browsing the PC's browser. Some web-comic series or something. Wes and Krane stopped the grunts and tried to proceed further.

But then the admins came around... Big and mean were the admins (especially Gonzap), and their pokemon were unique and Wes himself fought them off, one by one, some of them really proving no threat. But their pokemon were by no means weak; a few shadow pokemon were snagged from the few admins that came around, including some pokemon he definitely had never seen before. Everyone had come to try and stop Wes and Krane. Until three familiar faces showed up, all in their colored suits. Rosso, Verde, and Bluno.

"Did you forget about us?" They said in unison.

Wes glared at them with a face of malice and hatred, remebering the shadow pokemon he previously snagged from them. A bayleef, a quilava, and a croconaw. He immediately drew out some pokeballs and challenged all three of them to a battle at once! They all looked at each other, laughed, and after a little while got serious again and drew out one of their own pokeballs, showing they accepted his request. Wes did not know what to expect, but he did expect to see at least one shadow pokemon from each of them. When they threw out each of their first pokeballs, they were all pokemon he'd faced before; Rosso sent out a camerupt, Verde sent out a vileplume, and Bluno sent out a mantine. This was definitely going to be a very tough battle. Wes sent out three of his own pokemon, Drago, Dawn, and Volcon. After two turns, all three initial pokemon on the grunts' side were knocked out. All three trainers pulled out there next pokeballs, and what came out stunned Krane in particular; a charizard, a venusaur, and a blastoise. Krane piped up to Wes,

"Wes, you have to try your best and snag all three of those shadow pokemon especially!" Wes did not know what Krane wanted with those three, but Krane added, "Trust me, the incentive is very high, and the benefits... seemingly infinite for you." Wes instantly became convinced, but noticed something strange after the three trainers sent them out. All at the same time, they started to press a button on a wristlet on their wrists, and soon all three pokemon were enveloped in a pool of energy and power. It was surrounded by a purple aura, and turned progressively more purple, then crimson-red as it continued. Finally it ended in a brilliant explosion of purple and red, and out emerged different forms of the pokemon, each seemingly more powerful than normal. The charizard had turned black with blue eccentuating different parts all around it, and it had a flaming blue beard coming out and around its snout. The venusaur's flower became much larger, and it had different markings all across its body. It seemed ready to seriously ail Wes' pokemon. And the blastoise's two cannons suddenly became one giant cannon, with two cannons attached to its wrists. Wes suddenly became astounded and yet scared for his life, but he would try his best to capture the new shadow pokemon. Wes still got to make the first move with Dawn and Drago, as they launched a Psychic attack and a Dragon Claw on the charizard and venusaur, respectively. The charizard already almost fell, while the venusaur appears to have taken little damage. The charizard attacked next, and knocked out Drago in one hit; it used a Dragon Claw of its own, and it was somehow super effective! What was going on? Krane didn't have time, nor the opportunity to explain this phenomenon, so Wes had to go with it. He withdrew the fainted salamence and sent out his metagross. He hoped that metagross would be able to withstand a few hits from the charizard especially. The blastoise attacked next, and used... Aura Sphere? That's impossible, Wes thought. He knew only lucarios and a certain raikou he encountered once could know Aura Sphere. But a blastoise? It went straight for Volcon, and hit faster than Wes could give any command. It knocked about half of Volcon's health down, which is strange, because it shouldn't really have dealt that much damage, especially for a non-Fighting type pokemon. These new forms are mysteriously powerful, and Wes was itching with newfound excitement to find out why. Volcon was next to make a turn, and it wanted to use Solar Beam. Because of the power herb it was holding, just for this occasion, the Solar Beam was instantly charged, and fired it directly at the blastoise. By some stroke of luck, Volcon almost knocked out the giant tortoise pokemon. At the end of the turn, he had Volcon forfeit his turn so he could attempt to snag the blastoise, but he had to use a more effective ball than a regular old Poke Ball. So he dug deeper into his pack and found he had a lot of Great Balls and Ultra Balls left. Wes threw an Ultra Ball at the blastoise, and Bluno and Wes stared as the ball landed on the ground. One... two... three... CLICK! Bluno fell straight on his back and complained like a little child who got his/her favorite plush toy taken away. Wes couldn't believe it either, he caught and snagged a new form of an old pokemon! The blastoise was transferred to Wes' PC.

The battle continued for a long time, and Wes wasn't so lucky the first time around with the charizard and venusaur, but he managed to snag them, and the three trainers forfeited money and ran away. With nothing else blocking their path, Krane pulled up a map that leads out of the facility, and quickly fled. Outside, there were absolutely no guards, nor anything except the giant metal platform that lead out of here. Wes, however, had a better idea; he instructed Krane to get in the hover car that transported them, while he hot-wired the ignition system of the car. When the coils started up and the car lifted off the ground, they immediately took off and headed for the Pokemon HQ Lab. Gonzap and a lower grunt saw them take off in the car, as he expected them to, from a high-up balcony, and told the grunt,

"Go and keep track of that car. I want you to report back to me and tell me where they are and when they stop." The grunt replied with a Yes sir! and ran off to do so. Gonzap is plotting something big; something that he thinks not even Wes could combat.

END OF CHAPTER, END OF TOURNAMENT OF FATE SAGA

Welp, I hope you all enjoyed this! If you did, remember to rate and review! Sorry a new episode hasn't come by in a little while; life's been kicking me in the ass. Please don't hesitate to leave suggestions or constructive criticism. The addendum will be coming out after the next chapter, so stay tuned for that, as I have been reworking that for a little while.

SPECIAL REQUEST: Lately, as I've been writing the next chapter, waiting while supplying these chapters, I have hit an absolute writer's block and I cannot continue writing the story... on my own. I am looking for people to help me write Chapter 11 and possibly future chapters for here and FanFiction.net. If you are interested, please P.M. me through PokeCommunity.

Back