• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] SWSH Style League Cards?

Years
    • He/Him They/Them
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    Hey all! I'm curious if anyone knows how to make script for league cards similar to the ones in SWSH. Or maybe there's a script out there that I just haven't found yet?

Anyway, any help is appreciated - even some pointers on where to start with scripting it myself. Thanks! :) The cards don't have to be accessible through the menu (though preferred), it can just be from a key item of some sort.

Years
    • Seen today
    It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make tbh, just extremely tedious since you'd probably have to make all the graphics for it from scratch. A good place to start would be simply copying the existing Trainer Card code and repurposing it with your desired graphics and coordinates to get everything to display how you'd like. Then from there you could start implementing the mechanic that allows you to collect and view other League Cards, which would probably be just an array that gets stored in the Player class, similar to Mystery Gifts.

The tedious part will probably be implementing the actual card customization features to allow the player to make their own card. If you just have a set image in mind though, or even just minimal customization options (like you can only change the background or something), then that wouldn't be too hard.

Years
    • He/Him They/Them
    • Seen Aug 15, 2022
    It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make tbh, just extremely tedious since you'd probably have to make all the graphics for it from scratch. A good place to start would be simply copying the existing Trainer Card code and repurposing it with your desired graphics and coordinates to get everything to display how you'd like. Then from there you could start implementing the mechanic that allows you to collect and view other League Cards, which would probably be just an array that gets stored in the Player class, similar to Mystery Gifts.

The tedious part will probably be implementing the actual card customization features to allow the player to make their own card. If you just have a set image in mind though, or even just minimal customization options (like you can only change the background or something), then that wouldn't be too hard.

Oh, I never got a notification for this response!

Thank you very much for the help, very appreciated!! :)

Back