• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spinoff] The Ultimate Challenge: Dragon's Pokemon Stadium LP!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 0TFiAhz.png

The ultimate Pokémon battle is about to begin...
    At long last, all of your favorite Pokémon are ready to go head-to-head on the N64! Whether you're battling a friend, a Gym Leader or a tournament contestant, you're about to witness some of the most spectacular battle scenes in history! Select a team from a huge stable of "rental" battlers, or use the included N64 Transfer Pack to upload your own team from Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow! This stadium is packed and ready to rock!

Pokémon Stadium (Japanese, title: ポケモンスタジアム Pokémon Stadium, English subtitle: Pocket Monsters' Stadium) is a Nintendo 64 game that allows players to upload and battle their Pokémon from the first generation Pokémon games, Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green in Japan. It features several battle arenas, introducing Stadium Mode's original four cups, the Pika Cup, Petit Cup, Poké Cup, and Prime Cup, the latter two of which would return in the sequel, and the original Gym Leader Castle. It also features new Pokémon cries, a feature that was carried on in the sequel for Pokémon from Generation II.

Unlike the Game Boy games Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow, Pokémon Stadium does not have a storyline or a well-defined world, meaning that it is not considered a role-playing video game. Instead the game challenges the player to succeed in trainer battles at the Stadium, a tournament consisting of 4 "Cups" and 80 battles in total, as well as the Gym Leader Castle, where the player battles the 8 Kanto Gym Leaders, the Kanto Elite Four, and the Champion. When all Cups have been won and the Gym Leader Castle is completed, a six-on-one battle against Mewtwo is unlocked. Defeating Mewtwo unlocks another round of Stadium, Gym Leader Castle, and the Mewtwo battle, but with higher AI difficulty.

In Stadium mode, the player is challenged to earn trophies by winning the Pika Cup, Petit Cup, Poké Cup, and Prime Cup, each having its own set of rules and restrictions. In the Poké and Prime Cups, four trophies may be earned, one for each level of difficulty. The Pika and Petit Cups only award one trophy each. After choosing a Cup to compete in, the player decides on a party of six Pokémon, which may include available rental Pokémon and/or Pokémon imported from a Game Boy cartridge of Pokémon Red, Blue, or Yellow. In each battle, the player and the opponent are only allowed to use three of their six party Pokémon. The player will win a trophy after successfully completing all battles in a Cup. If certain conditions are met using imported Pokémon from a Game Boy cartridge, the player will be awarded a Pikachu with the move Surf, which unlocks a mini-game in Pokémon Yellow.

In the Gym Leader Castle, the player initially challenges the eight Kanto Gym Leaders from the Game Boy games, followed by the Elite Four, and finally the Champion. Before battling a Gym Leader, however, the player must defeat a gym's three Pokémon trainers. Like in the Stadium, the player has to pick a team of six Pokémon and may only use three at a time for battling.

About this LP!

This LP will be a bit different from some of the others I've done, namely because unlike the main Pokemon games, Pokemon Stadium does not have a story or 'adventure', but rather a series of battles and challenges to go through. But, this will still be a narrative LP with loads of screenshots and writing! I'm going to be tweaking the setting a bit here though, and give 'trainers' personality, and maybe an original plot here and there involving the setting (White City, not to be confused with Pokemon White/Black), and with the cups. Even if you hadn't played Pokemon Stadium before, I'll try to make this as accessible as possible for everyone reading it!

In this Playthrough

Now, normally with some cups, there will be different levels of difficulty (Pokeball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Masterball). I won't lie, doing all these levels for this LP and screenshotting them all is... pretty tedious. So, I'll only focus on the Masterball rank, and even the R-2 Masterball rank when the time comes. Speaking of R-2, that will come in it's own section. Anyway, this isn't a narrative masterpiece or anything, but there's also some cool moments that shouldn't be ruined! Updates will come... whenever I have time, but hopefully consistently.

w75h344.png

Prologue Part I

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Prologue Part I

[The Pokemon Stadium Intro]

N2TqcPg.png

Announcer: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! The ultimate Pokémon battle is about to begin...

PXH6QPL.png

Announcer: Whether you're a friend, a Gym Leader or a tournament contestant, you're about to witness some of the most spectacular battle scenes in history! Bringing you live, straight from White City!

7eEMS9l.png

Announcer: Trainers far and wide will be participating, bringing their strongest, prized Pokémon, wielding a collection of powerful attacks, and complex strategy!

ZyFhyVR.png

Announcer: From the land, sea, or air, who will come out on top? Who will take home the trophy to become this year's Pokémon Champion?!

S2_Picnicker_alt.png
    Hah! It's totally gonna be me this year! Just you wait!

S2_Lass.png
    Hey, what's with all the--

wBTt1lj.png

Announcer: The official Pokémon League tournament is coming soon, later this year! To those of you wanting to participate, it's not too late! Register online, in-person, and receive your Trainer's ID now! Remember! Many will enter, only one will come out on top! Will it be you?!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Oh. Forgot that was coming again.

S2_Picnicker_alt.png
    Hell yeah! And I've been training extra super hard for it this time!

S2_Lass.png
    You sure love your tournaments, Jr.♀...

S2_Picnicker.png
    And so do you! Come on, why don't you enter this time?

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    I don't know...

S2_Picnicker.png
    Remember when we were younger, just getting better as trainers? We went to local tournaments a bunch of times! I know you especially loved meeting and battling against strong trainers!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Yeah...?

S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    But then you stopped going all of a sudden! I mean, why?! Like, I missed battling with you a lot!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Well I--

S2_Picnicker.png
    Ah! Wait, hold that thought, it's coming on again!

QXuCG3Z.png

Announcer: And now we're back to Pokemon Tournament: Petit Cup, exhibition battle! Jr. Trainer♂ vs. PokéManiac!! Who will bask in glory of the championship? Jr. Trainer has his trusty Vulpix, looking for a fiery fight!

2itm8Wy.png

Announcer: On the other side, PokéManiac's Meowth is ready to rumble! Watch out for those claws!

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac.png
    Meowmania! Pay Day!

7DxzTZe.png

K5Mk27R.png

Announcer: Yeah! It's a hit! Pay Day connects!

S2_Camper.png
    Hang in there, Vulster! Retaliate with Ember!

llItUJ2.png

Announcer: Boom! Ember pelts Meowth! Fireworks are flying in this battle!

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac.png
    Heh. Not bad. But, this isn't even a fraction of Meowmania's power!

S2_Camper.png
    We're just getting started too!

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac.png
    Really? Well, check this out! Meowmania... Thunder!

S2_Camper_alt.png
    What?!

d4McUF3.png

S2_Camper_alt.png
    Vulster!!

Announcer: Ground Zero! Thunder hits with devastating results!!

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac_alt.png
    Hmhmhm... try to keep up, would you? Only I would have the rarest and highest quality of Pokemon!

S2_Camper_alt.png
    We're not done! Lower its defense with Tail Whip!

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac.png
    Don't let up! Hit it with Slash!

S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    Damn... PokéManiac is just as strong as always...

S2_Lass.png
    Wasn't he the reigning champion from last year's Petit Cup? And Jr.♂'s battling him?

S2_Picnicker.png
    Yeah, and I really hope Jr.♂ can beat him this time. He really grew from last we saw him, you know?

S2_Picnicker_alt.png
    Buuuut, I'd say he's still no match for me! Well, there's only one way to find out, I gotta battle him again!

S2_Lass.png
    I'm sure you will... knowing him, he's going to compete in the Official Pokemon Tournament too.

S2_Picnicker.png
    That settles it! You've gotta register for it this year too!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Jr.♀, I don't know. I mean, I hadn't really battled properly for months, and to be honest, I think my overall interest with battling in general is waning.

S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    Oh no...

S2_Lass.png
    But you know, don't let me slow you down, you can have fun without--

S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    It won't be fun!

S2_Lass.png
    Huh?

S2_Picnicker.png
    I mean, I really want to win this year. But, it won't feel the same if I don't get to battle you there too. Don't you remember?

S2_Picnicker.png
    You were like, the best trainer in our group when we were kids! You were so strong that we gave you a nickname: 'LGD'!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    I want to forget. That name's so embarrassing...

S2_Picnicker.png
    Well, how about this: why don't you battle in this month's Pika Cup? It's a good tournament for passionate battlers, so, maybe you'll soak in the good vibes!

S2_Lass.png
    The Pika Cup, huh?

S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    And it will be a good way to de-rust yourself! Double win!

S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Listen, I'll... think about it. No promises, though.

Notes:

When you first boot up the game, you're greeted with a pretty hype intoduction to the game in my book - the intro is a remix of the Pokemon theme from the Gen I series, and you get to see some pokemon in 3D, standing tall ready to clash, flying through the air, and even swimming in sea. Then you see the title screen. If you don't press start, after some time, they'll showcase a small demo of the Pokemon Battles you can have in the game! The demo they showed in mine showcase a stadium called the Petit Cup stadium, where they had small, unevolved clash.

Some introductions to characters!

S2_Lass.png
    S2_Lass_alt.png
    S2_Lass_alt2.png
    Lass aka. LGD. She was a passionate, talented battler years ago, but now has lost the passion and interest for it.

A Lass (Japanese: ミニスカート Miniskirt) is a type of Pokémon Trainer that debuted in the Generation I games. They are depicted as average young girls in clothing resembling school uniforms. Lasses are like, the female counterparts of Youngsters, and they apparently grow up to be Beauties. They use a variety of Pokémon but tend to use cuter and/or common Pokémon such as Pidgey, Nidoran♀, Zigzagoon, etc.

In this AU, this Lass is more 'down to earth' rather than cutesy and spontaneous (not that there's anything wrong with that). She's also a sort of reflection of myself in some way(if this makes sense). This is more of a character rather than a self-insert, but, that's what it boils down to.

S2_Picnicker.png
    S2_Picnicker_alt.png
    S2_Picnicker_alt2.png
    Jr.♀. A passionate, quirky, energetic trainer, and in my head canon, (the official girlfriend of Lass).

Gen 1 they were referred to as 'Jr♀ (Japanese: ガールスカウト Girl Scout), but later on they were called Picnickers.

S2_Camper.png
    S2_Camper_alt.png
    Jr. Trainer♂. A childhood friend and rival of LGD and Jr.♀. Unlike Jr.♀'s fiery and passionate approach, he's more calm and steady during battles.

A Camper (Japanese: キャンプボーイ Camp Boy) is a type of Pokémon Trainer that debuted in the Generation I games. They are generally depicted as little boys in uniforms and their female counterpart is Picnicker. They raise a variety of Pokémon, mainly those that would be found in the woods.

S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac.png
    S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac_alt.png
    S2_Pok%C3%A9maniac_Defeated.png
    PokéManiac. One who is obsessed with getting the highest quality and rarity of Pokemon. Also a reigning champion of the Petit Cup.

A Poké Maniac or PokéManiac (Japanese: かいじゅうマニア Monster Maniac) is a type of Pokémon Trainer that first debuted in the Generation I games. They were originally presented as strange boys with long hair who wear trenchcoats. In Generation III, they were changed so that they became cosplayers dressing up in Pokémon-like costumes. In Generation VII, Poké Maniacs cosplay as Slowpoke and, when defeated, make Slowpoke impressions with their faces.

Last edited:
    Back