• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gaming PC vs. Gaming Laptop

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Nowadays, PCs and laptops can be used to play several games, and even now there are markets aimed for those who wanted to play games in blitzing fast performance. So I want to ask you guys, which one between gaming PC and gaming laptop fares better? Which one do you personally prefer if it comes to computer gaming? And why?

Years
  • At this point in time I think the performance gap between gaming laptops and gaming PCs is basically non existent. One may be more powerful but almost every game / application will work fine on a high end version of both.

Personally I'd say computers are superior purely for the ease of adding additional hardware. Laptops are great but you'll still need to carry a mouse around too and you're probably not going to have the luxury of an extra screen.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • If you don't care about portability and want to save some money then a desktop is right for you. On the other hand, if you need to take your rig with you when you go to work or on vacation, then you may opt for a gaming laptop.

Years
  • Gaming laptops' advantage against gaming PCs are the portability. Off the top of my head, I can think of the cons of gaming laptops: it heats up (if its badly made, that is), and you need to be plugged in anyways or your battery's dead in a few hours, and you need peripherals too (wired or not)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I rely on laptop in terms of computer gaming the most, I find it to be quite limited in a long run because from what I heard, replacing some parts in laptop might be tricky at best, which caused issues if one of the games I wanted to play was unable to run properly as I learned just recently. But then, I tend to use my laptop for gaming a lot because of portability, and because I haven't upgraded my PC for ages.

Back