• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add a specific generation's pokemon and moveset to FireRed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hi, first post on here and relatively new to all this still. I've been trying to figure out what's the easiest and best approach to adding a specific generation (gen IV) pokemon and moves to FireRed? I only really want to add gen IV and possibly V to FireRed without all the extra stuff that I've seen with a couple rombases. I'm aware of hex editing, but I was curious to see if there was a quicker and easier alternative.

Thanks for any help in advance! 😁

Years
  • Hi, first post on here and relatively new to all this still. I've been trying to figure out what's the easiest and best approach to adding a specific generation (gen IV) pokemon and moves to FireRed? I only really want to add gen IV and possibly V to FireRed without all the extra stuff that I've seen with a couple rombases. I'm aware of hex editing, but I was curious to see if there was a quicker and easier alternative.

Thanks for any help in advance! 😁

Best for Binary IMO is the DPE. You can just use the Gen IV & V PKMN, ignoring the rest.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Awesome! Thank you! I saw that, but I wasn't sure if that was the most practical way. I'll give it shot now. 🙂

Back