• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Does anyone know how to fix snagging Shadow Pokemon in the newest version of Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Hello all.

For whatever reason, snagging Shadow Pokemon still doesn't work correctly in Essentials 17.2. When I try to chuck a Master Ball at the debug trainers' Shadow Weepinbell and Electabuzz, they still swat away the ball like for a trainer's regular Pokemon.

This issue has been around for years, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever managed to correct it.

Cheers.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I have no problems regarding shadow Pokémon in my game. Have you defined all shadow data in your PBS files?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There's two reasons why this may be the case. The first is that the type of item is set to 4, a regular pokeball, instead of 3, a snag ball. The second is that $PokemonGlobal.snagMachine was never set to true. The scientist on Route 7 with the shadow Team rocket battle turns on this property, making any pokeball a snag ball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    @Vendily. Thanks for the suggestion! Talking to the scientist activated the switch for the snag machine, and I was able to snag the NPC's Electabuzz with no issue. I don't know how I overlooked this switch. Silly me....

I am curious about something, though: where is the actual snag machine global switch located in the Essentials script? I may have overlooked it, but I used the search function in all the sections that seemed relevant, and I could never find this piece of code.

Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    well, thats the thing, it's not a global switch. its a variable on $PokemonGlobal, $PokemonGlobal.snagMachine.
    if you look at the event, it activates it with $PokemonGlobal.snagMachine=true (deactivate with =false)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2019
    Gotcha. Well, everything except for basic copy, paste, and modify coding is over my head. That's why the community has professionals like you and Maruno. lol.

All the same, thanks for helping me resolve this.

Back