• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Need advice for casual team!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2016
    So I've recently purchased a 3DS and Y and OR since I wanted to get back into the main games (last game I played was Black on an emulator couple years back). I had a *blast* with Y and just started OR.

I'd really appreciate some feedback/inspiration for my team.

Note: I'm by no means looking for a competetive team, rather a diverse story-team that I can also use in some casual PVP.

Currently I'm definitely thinking Charizard, Alakazam, Roserade, Garchomp.
    I might go with Jolteon and Swampert for places 5 and 6, but I'm not so sure about them, Swampert in particular.

What do you guys think of those last two? Any alternatives? And how about places 1-4, is this a decent setup or did I screw up?

Just let me know what you think :)
    (I hope this is the right place to post this)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2018
    The most common advice you're going to get when people respond to teams that are casual is that "anything works" because in all honesty, anything works in a casual setting. So for the most part, yes, your team works. Your team has some pretty decent coverage anyways.

Enjoy OR lol, its a great game imo.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • You need a Hazard setter ,and a rapid spinner.You can use Excadrill it can set rocks and remove your rocks from your side.

Nah, this is for a game playthrough not competitive. It's not really that important ingame. Actually, I feel like setting up rocks is kind of useless for ingame battles because the opponents rarely switch, and the opponents never set up rocks anyway.

I think Jolteon and Swampert would be perfect for your last slots. They don't have overlapping weaknesses and cover the weaknesses you have from the other Pokemon. You also have a decent mix of physical and special attackers (Alakazam, Roserade, Jolteon are mostly special, while Garchomp and Swampert are physical, and Charizard can go either way) as well as bulky and frail Pokemon.

I think this is a nice team!

Years
  • Nah, this is for a game playthrough not competitive. It's not really that important ingame. Actually, I feel like setting up rocks is kind of useless for ingame battles because the opponents rarely switch, and the opponents never set up rocks anyway.

Oh my mistake I thought this is for competitive battling.
    -_-

I think this is a nice team!

Years
  • Well for OR I'd use Mega Swampert and for AS I'd use Mega Sceptile. You get the major advantage over Team Magma's mega :D

also for a flying type I love Altaria and Grass type I really really love Cradily or Cacturne. Also another hardly ever used water type that I love is Wailord. A really awesome in game fire type is Torkoal! If you want some less used pokemon Lanturn and Relicanth, as well as Seviper and Zangoose come to mind.

Back