• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The good things in life are free

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
How true do you think that statement is? While obviously, in a lot of cases you get what you pay for, but can you recall any dirt-cheap or even free games made by small developers or fans that you thought was absolutely amazing?

TY

Graphically behind a lot but free to play and a absolute blast with friends. Unique FPS/TPS gamemode and has some minigames in some maps which makes it even more fun.

So to go on topic, this statement can be very true, but it can also be wrong.

Years
I haven't played them much yet, but the free Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii & DS fan made games are awesome.

I managed to find ROMS for them too, well pleased with that.

There was going to be a U version too but it got cancelled.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
There are a couple games that are both really good and free: the original Cavestory, Battle for Wesnoth, Dwarf Fortress and a lot of RPG-Maker games that where made with versions prior to RPG-Maker XP. Even later RPG-Maker versions most likely have some really good games, but I've never felt the need to look for any.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
I once bought SpaceChem with $1 from a gaming summer sale. The game is well-made, with an even better soundtrack, though the game can frustratingly challenge your chemistry logic and problem-solving skills.

Not sure if it is a small developer though.

Back