• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite and Least Favorite Pokemon by Generation

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    gen one ? eevee and abra
    gen two ? typhlosion and raikou
    gen three ? aggron and loudred
    gen four ? leafeon and snover
    gen five ? reuniclus and palpitoad
    gen six ?sylveon and avalugg

no opinion of the gen7 pokemon as of yet :>

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Gen I:
    Favourite - Gengar
    Least - Snorlax

Gen II:
    Favourite - Ariados
    Least - Ursaring

Gen III:
    Favourite - Swellow
    Least - Slaking

Gen IV:
    Favourite - Weavile
    Least - Ambipom

Gen V:
    Favourite - Vanilluxe
    Least - Darmanitan

Gen VI:
    Favourite - Klefki
    Least - Barbaracle

Gen VII:
    Favourite - Araquanid
    Least - Bewear

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Gen I
    Favourite: Charizard
    Least favourite: Mr. Mime

Gen II
    Favourite: Quilava
    Least favourite: Miltank

Gen III
    Favourite: Absol
    Least favourite: Shiftry

Gen IV
    Favourite: Gallade
    Least favourite: Bibarel

Gen V
    Favourite: Herdier
    Least favourite: Ferroseed

Gen VI
    Favourite: Braixen
    Least favourite: Diggersby

Gen VII
    Favourite: Decidueye
    Least favourite: Gumshoos

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Hmmm never thought about my favorites (least) by gen:

Gen 1:
    Favorite: Hitmonchan - late bloomer, has really blossomed into one of my favorite all time pokemon
    Least: Tentacool - just....no

Gen 2:
    Favorite: Totodile, first starter i ever chose
    Least: unown - I appreciate the lore but I just look at them and well, I just don't like them

Gen 3:
    Favorite: Poochyena/Corphish, Mainstays on my hoenn runs
    Least: Lileep, Never been a big fan of the fossil mons but this is the worst of them for me

Gen 4:
    Favorite: Buizel, my all time favorite; honorable mention to Infernape
    Least: Gastrodon, Not a huge fan of monster globs

Gen 5:
    Favorite: Golurk, Gen 5 has grown a lot on my the last few years, this mon takes the cake
    Least: Amoonguss, exact opposite of Pokemon I like to use, honorable mention to entire Gothita line

Gen 6:
    Favorite: Greninja, only starter line I love more is the Chimchar line, love its place in Pokemon history now
    Least: Aromatisse, i don't see a bit of appeal in this mon

Gen 7:
    Favorite: Tsareena/Lycanroc-Midday, can't decide between the two, about to become the first two Pokemon I've ever gotten to lvl 100
    Least: Oricorio(s), I don't like any of these birbs, bother me to no end

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Kanto:
    Favorite - Arcanine, I didn't always like Arcanine, but when I met a close friend who liked it, I ended up liking it.
    Least - Mr. Mime, terrible design. Name is stupid.

Johto:
    Favorite - I can't chose between Heracross, Noctowl, Umbreon, Donphan and Gligar, but I would probably have to say Donphan.
    Least - Xatu - although it matches Johto's vibe well, I'm just not a fan of the humanoid like appearance Natu has a 100% better design.

Hoenn:
    Favorite - Flygon, has been one of my favorite design forever. Wish it was a Dragon/Bug though.
    Least - Spinda, unique concept, just not a fan.

Sinnoh:
    Favorite - Empoleon, favorite starter of all time.
    Least - Magmortar - never been a fan of its line.

Unova:
    Favorite - Krookodile, when I first saw Sandile, I fell in love with the design. Just got better as it grew. Kinda wish it had a better red or something though.
    Least - Gothitelle line, I just hate the design.

Kalos:
    Favorite - Gogoat, one of my favorite non starting grass type pokemon of all time. I also really love Pumkaboo due to the Halloween theme.
    Least - Barbaracle line, I just hate the line with a passion. The design is pure uglyness.

Alola:
    Favorite - Mudsdale and Decidueye, out of all Alolan pokemon, those are the only 2 that blew me away.
    Least - Gumshoos line, I just hate it. If the teeth weren't as bad, I don't think it would be a problem, but the teeth just kill the design.

Alolan Forms: Doing Alolan forms because they aren't really Gen 1 or Gen 7.
    Favorite - Ninetails, love it.
    Least - Dugtrio, Looks basically the same as normal, just with rock star hair, which is a bit much. Ampharos looked badass, this took adding hair too far.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2018
    again love how pokemon like Rhyperior and Magmortar give so much salt xD

anyway not posting about gen 7, but:

Gen 1 - Gengar, Snorlax, Pidgeot / Jynx, Mr. Mime, Geodude
    Gen 2 - Crobat, Feraligatr, Ursaring / Dunsparce, Ditto, Espeon (fuck Baton Pass)
    Gen 3 - Milotic, Exploud, Swellow / Clamperl, Deoxys, Ninjask, Plusle and Minun
    Gen 4 - Weavile, Rhyperior, Staraptor / Arceus, Glaceon, Bronzor, Pachirisu
    Gen 5 - Excadrill, Emboar, Victini / Vanillish, Emolga, Scolipede
    Gen 6 - Greninja, Talonflame, Goomy, Goodra / Slurpuff, Volcanion

Years
  • It's usually hard for me to limit myself to one of each Pokemon per gen, so if you were to ask me the same question a week from now, half of my answers would probably change :p

Gen I (Kanto):
    Favorite: Butterfree. Not just my favorite from the original 151, but my favorite Pokemon overall.
    Least Favorite: Tentacool. The Zubat of the sea, but at least Zubat eventually turns into something interesting.

Gen II (Johto):
    Favorite: Azumarill. It took me many years for me to realize how great Azumarill was, and the addition of Fairy typing boosted my love for it.
    Least Favorite: Hitmontop. I don't really hate it, I just wish that Tyrogue/Hitmontop were unrelated to Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan.

Gen III (Hoenn):
    Favorite: Sceptile. Lots of great choices for Hoenn, but I have to stick with my OG Sapphire starter.
    Least Favorite: Nosepass. It's just a really meh Pokemon to it, and I only dislike it because of its evolution.

Gen IV (Sinnoh):
    Favorite: Froslass. Again, a lot of good Pokemon to choose from, but I've always loved Froslass' design & typing.
    Least Favorite: Probopass. A very unnecessary evolution, and one of the few Pokemon I'd actually consider ugly.

Gen V (Unova):
    Favorite: Hydreigon. Love the concept/typing of Hydreigon, and probably my favorite pseudo-legendary.
    Least Favorite: Roggenrola. My least favorite Pokemon. Has the creativity of a 7 year old's first Fakemon.

Gen VI (Kalos):
    Favorite: Hawlucha. Didn't know how badly I wanted a luchador Pokemon until we finally got one!
    Least Favorite: Barbaracle. Not a bad idea, but poor execution. Another one of the few Pokemon I'd consider ugly.

Gen VII (Alola):
    Favorite: Decidueye. Love the whole line, and would probably put it as one of my top 3 favorite starters overall.
    Least Favorite: Bruxish. I don't hate it, but I think it could they could've toned its design down a few notches.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Gen 1
    Faves: Starmie Arcanine Victreebel Vaporeon Dragonair I'll stop here
    Least fave: Lickitung
    Gen 2
    Faves: Ampharos,
    Least: Generally the babies except Elekid but especially Pichu

Gen 3
    Faves: Sceptile Flygon Beautifly Gardevoir
    Least: gulpin line

Gen 4 (less familiar with this one)
    Faves: Lucario,
    Least: Gen 1 evolutions: electivite, magmortar, rhyperior, especially Lickilicki (exceptions for tangrowth and others)

Gen 5
    I'll get back to it

Gen 6:
    Faves: Honedge line, chesnaught, talonflame among others
    Least faves: SWIRLIX, SLURPUFF hate these things

Gen 7
    Faves: I'll get back to it
    Least: Bewear

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I was actually thinking of a similar thing and was going to make a post ... glad I decided to search first XD
    I was thinking of making a team with my favorite pkmn from each gen (mulligan when there's none or a replacement because we've past 6 gens).
    anyway for me:

Gen 1
    Favourite: Lapras ... idk it's a pkmn that comes back often which just made me love it over time. I don't really have a favorite for gen 1 otherwise ... maybe Mewtwo
    Least favourite: fearow ... I just never liked it XD

Gen 2
    Favourite: Celebi ... just a good looking pokemon imo.
    Least favourite: Snubbull ... I just find it an ugly pokemon ... I'm sorry XD

Gen 3 my fav gen, has several pkmn I like but I suppose:
    Favourite: Gardevoir and Absol both share that spot. Gardevoir is an overall interesting pokemon imo, Absol just fits me XD
    Least favourite: Swallot ... just looks kind of lame, kind of like a Muk pumped with botox to look tight instead of the sloppy mess Muk is XD

Gen 4
    Favourite: Lucario ... I started to like him through the tcg (Korrina FA just looked amazing and it snowballed a bit)
    Least favourite: Drapion ... there are actually quite a few, mostly the evolutions from previous (gen 1) pkm but Drapion is just one of those pokemon that always stood out for being awkward imo.

Gen 5
    Favourite: Lilligant, what can I say, I'm a sucker for good looking pokemon XD
    Least favourite: Garbodor ... it's a trashback, literally

Gen 6
    Favourite: Diancie ...
    Least favourite: Chesnaught and Delphox ... both look bad but at least the pre-evolutions of Delphox look good

Gen 7
    Favourite: Magearna .... at this point I think it's starting to become rather obvious what I like about pokemon XD
    Least favourite: All of the Ultra beasts (ignoring the jelly fish)

After this, I don't think I'll stick to the idea of making a team of my favorite from each gen XD

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Gen 1
    Favourite: Gengar
    Least Favourite: Ratata

Gen 2
    Favourite: Crobat
    Least Favourite: Smeargle

Gen 3
    Favourite: Camerupt
    Least Favourite: Zigzagoon

Gen 4
    Favourite: Honchkrow
    Least Favourite: Arceus

Gen 5
    Favourite: Haxorus
    Least Favourite: Throh

Gen 6
    Favourite: Dragalge
    Least Favourite: Quilladin

Gen 7
    Favourite: Araquanid
    Least Favourite: Alolan Diglett

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Hmm I gotta think good about this.

Gen I:
    Favourite: Zapdos (naturally).
    Least favourite: /

Gen II:
    Favourite: I'm bad at choosing. Flaaffy, Dunsparce, Umbreon, and Raikou.
    Least favourite: Stantler is very forgettable.

Gen III:
    Favourite: Shedinja.
    Least favourite: Makuhita aka Satan himself.

Gen IV:
    Favourite: Arceus
    Least favourite: Ambipom, I feel like it's a redundant evolution.

Gen V:
    Favourite: Gen V has a lot of good Pokémon, but I don't feel strongly towards any of them specifically. Maybe Samurott.
    Least favourite: Whimsicott because it's a bitch, and Scraggy/Scrafty because I keep forgetting its typing.

Gen VI:
    Favourite: Honedge because I love swords.
    Least favourite: A lot of designs in this generation are just bad, but Binacle/Barbaracle is the very worst.

Gen VII:
    Favourite: Rowlet, Lycanroc-Dusk, Mimikyu, Solgaleo.
    Least favourite: Crabrawler/Crabominable, I don't even wanna catch/train these for dex entries...

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Gen 1:
    Favorite: Mewtwo. Still my favorite Pokemon. Both Megas are equally awesome as well.
    Least Favorite: Seaking. I don't hate it, but compared to the other Gen 1 Pokemon, it's very forgettable.

Gen 2:
    Favorite: Typhlosion. My first Pokemon and Starter. So many fond memories of destroying Johto with him at my side.
    Least Favorite: Wobbuffet. Four words: Shadow Tag, Destiny Bond.

Gen 3:
    Favorite: Gardevoir. My second favorite Pokemon. Both adorable and powerful. Gen 6 made it even better.
    Least Favorite: Chimecho. Finding a Pokemon with an encounter rate of only 2%, and it's not even that good? Also, why did this of all things get a pre-evo in Gen 4?

Gen 4:
    Favorite: Giratina. I just really like the antimatter dragon. Especially its Origin Forme.
    Least Favorite: Chatot. I'm just not a fan of it.

Gen 5:
    Favorite: Reshiram. I'm a big fan of Blue-Eyes White Dragons. Such an amazing design and a great type as well.
    Least Favorite: Emolga. My least favorite Pika clone, and I dislike all Pika clones.

Gen 6:
    Favorite: Delphox. My favorite starter since Typhlosion. I love mages and foxes. Its design is both adorable and badass. Plus, it even has my two favorite types.
    Least Favorite: Greninja. Overrated, gets preferential treatment from Game Freak while the other Kalos starters get ignored, hideous design (in my opinion), and the fact that it's constantly shoved in my face makes the entire line my least favorite Pokemon of all.

Gen 7:
    Favorite: Incineroar. It looks so freaking badass. I don't care what anyone says, I'm glad it's bipedal. Also, Malicious Moonsault is awesome.
    Least Favorite: Togedemaru. I'm just not a fan of Pikaclones. Also, Mimikyu completely overshadows this.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Kanto
    favorite: Ninetales, Arcanine, Eevee, Jolteon, Bulbasaur
    Least favorite: Mrmime
    Johto
    Favorite: Houndoom, espeon, umbreon, hooh, lugia
    Least favorite: Celebi
    Hoenn
    favorite: Mightyena
    Least favorite: Milotic
    Sinnoh
    favorite: Dialga, Giratina
    least favorite: Lucario
    Unova
    favorite: Reshiram
    least favorite: pignite
    Kalos
    favorite: zygarde, sylveon, dedenne
    least favorite: Delphox
    Alola
    favorite: Solgaleo, Rockruff
    least favorite: Toucannon.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Hard choices, least favorite doesn't necessarily mean I dislike them though, just that they're at the bottom in comparison to other pokemon

Kanto
    Favorite: Snorlax, Hypno
    Least favorite: Mewtwo

Johto
    Favorite: Espeon, Typhlosion
    Least favorite: N/A (Ledian)

Hoenn
    Favorite: Torchic (don't like Blaziken or Combusken though), Exploud, Flygon
    Least favorite: Blaziken, Gardevoir

Sinnoh
    Favorite: Chatot, Infernape
    Least favorite: Lucario 100%

Unova
    Favorite: Samurott, Lilligant, Leavanny
    Least favorite: Ferrothorn, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus

Kalos
    Favorite: Delphox, Klefki
    Least favorite: Greninja

Alola
    Favorite: Primarina, Shiinotic
    Least favorite: Celesteela, Pheromosa, Buzzwole (for robbing Heracross and Skarmory of their unique typings)

pkmin3033

Sure, why not. Trying to limit myself to just one per gen per category, although I could easily dip into three or five per generation.

Kanto
    Favorite: Articuno
    Least favorite: Arcanine

Johto
    Favorite: Misdreavus
    Least favorite: Snubbull

Hoenn
    Favorite: Latias
    Least favorite: Treecko

Sinnoh
    Favorite: Bastiodon
    Least favorite: Lucario