• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Denpa Kyoushi

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • A16723-3082064735.1424208746.jpg

Kagami Junichirou was known as a physics genius when he was a teenager, and he was even published in "Nature." However, after college, he suddenly lost all interest in science. As a NEET, he's devoted himself to his anime blog and nerdy collecting habits. He claims he has a serious illness called "I can't do anything I don't want to do." Desperate to get him to do something with his life, his little sister manages to get him a job teaching physics at his old high school. He's certainly an unconventional teacher, but he becomes fairly popular with the students. After helping a girl who's being ruthlessly bullied, Kagami finds that he actually likes teaching. Will he continue his career as a weird teacher? Will he go back into physics? Or will he end up back where he started?

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Information

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 4, 2015 to ?
    Producers: A-1 Pictures, Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Harem

Duration: Unknown
    Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Spoiler: Promotional Video

~*~*~*~​

Finding a link to an official upload of the PV for the anime is hard for me right now, so make do with that lol. Honestly... I don't really like how A1 is handling the key visuals to the series this time. They've done two different commercials for Denpa Kyoushi previously, and I really like how they did it back then since it still stayed close to the original manga adaptation. Key Visuals for the anime though... eh, I don't like it.

Spoiler: Animated Commercials for the Manga from 2012/2013

Tell me I'm not the only one who prefers the manga commercials' key visuals over the anime itself. Still, since watching the animated commercials for the first time, I've been waiting 3 years of my life for this day to come.

Also, Daisuke Ono's voice is still drilled in my head so idk on whether or not I can accept the change in Junichirou's VAs.

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Ok, so, going from 'Battler Ushiromiya' to 'Levi' might be a big change in the voice department, lol!

Candy

Years
  • Ok, so, going from 'Battler Ushiromiya' to 'Levi' might be a big change in the voice department, lol!

They sound so different its so weird hahaha. Especially since it's been drilled into my head for 3 years lol.

But hey, first episode will come out in a day so I'll be the judge on whether it'll be worth the anticipation, regardless the VA changes. Please don't butcher it, A1.

Also, now I got an excuse to switch back to my old Junichirou theme.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • This is still on my "maybe" to watch. It looks hella interesting, but due to Uni being in action, I've had to draw the line somewhere and this is under it. Not that it isn't great, but I have more anime over priority.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Maybe he had hands tied with Owari no Serafu and Nagato Yuki-chan no Shōshitsu.

Anyhow, this will be one of the first airing shows this season! Looking forward to it.

Candy

Years
  • Being the impatient person I am, I decided to watch the raws haha. Good thing I know how it'll go thanks to reading the source material already.

One thing I can comment on is... Suzune's VA. God. I know she's supposed to be an idol entering the Voice Acting world, but man that wasn't... er... satisfying, yeah.

Also, I'll probably stick with these two avatar and signature until there's a decent-looking part to make a gif out of. So far... nope. Let's just say that I'm a tad disappointed in it. I guess I don't like it mainly because the key art really strays away from the original manga adaptation. Good job, A1. Soundtracks are great though, so there's that.

But hey, that's from the raws itself, and I wasn't holding the source material in my hands while watching, so... yeah, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a terrible form of an adaptation. Also, as of writing this post, I'm still refreshing for the fansubs or any forms of subs, really. What's taking them so long...?

EDIT: Okay... I kinda forgot how the original material went yesterday, but now I'm 100% sure this show will stray from the source now.

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

I loved the premise! Main character is basically one of those characters that sooner or later you start to love lol.

I'm in for this trip.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Being the impatient person I am, I decided to watch the raws haha. Good thing I know how it'll go thanks to reading the source material already.

One thing I can comment on is... Suzune's VA. God. I know she's supposed to be an idol entering the Voice Acting world, but man that wasn't... er... satisfying, yeah.

Also, I'll probably stick with these two avatar and signature until there's a decent-looking part to make a gif out of. So far... nope. Let's just say that I'm a tad disappointed in it. I guess I don't like it mainly because the key art really strays away from the original manga adaptation. Good job, A1. Soundtracks are great though, so there's that.

But hey, that's from the raws itself, and I wasn't holding the source material in my hands while watching, so... yeah, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a terrible form of an adaptation. Also, as of writing this post, I'm still refreshing for the fansubs or any forms of subs, really. What's taking them so long...?

EDIT: Okay... I kinda forgot how the original material went yesterday, but now I'm 100% sure this show will stray from the source now.
    >Stray from the source
    oh god why??!

I hate it when that happens. Like, 9/10 times.

ANYWAY, the first episode was okay. I kinda got AssClass and Onizuka vibes from this. Except that both AssClass and Onizuka were much more enjoyable. :p Here's to hope it at least reaches AssClass levels of enjoyment for me in the coming weeks. Which I don't really doubt it will.

And yeah, I agree with the notion that animation doesn't seem to be this show's strong suit. Nothing so far impressed me at all as far as art or animation is concerned.

On another note, I like the younger sister. She's pretty fun. :3

Candy

Years
  • >Stray from the source
    oh god why??!

I hate it when that happens. Like, 9/10 times.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 Spoilers ho!
    Not that I can blame them lol, considering that Junichirou was fired one month after he was assigned, and it happens at the 2nd chapter of the series. It wouldn't be funny at all if he's immediately assigned to a different school by next week haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Finally got around to watching ep 1.
    And... yea, Rena is just not the right fit... what she did was DUBBING instead of seiyuu work... I really tried to like her portrait of Suzune but... no... there were no feelings, nothing.
    Even worse when you are in the same anime as Hiroshi Kamiya =D
    And even more worse, when the second important girl character is voiced by AmaSora.
    Yea, I'm a bit biased because I've been following AmaSora's works from the start, but especially because of that, I can freely say that AmaSora's start is worlds different from Rena's one.
    Rena should have got some less important role to start.

Candy

Years
  • Spoiler: Chapter 2 Spoilers ho!
    Not that I can blame them lol, considering that Junichirou was fired one month after he was assigned, and it happens at the 2nd chapter of the series. It wouldn't be funny at all if he's immediately assigned to a different school by next week haha.

Spoiler: Episode 2 Spoilers ho!
    lol whaddya know he did get fired for a different reason from the original adaptation. At least this episode covered the 2nd chapter really well.

Finally got around to watching ep 1.
    And... yea, Rena is just not the right fit... what she did was DUBBING instead of seiyuu work... I really tried to like her portrait of Suzune but... no... there were no feelings, nothing.
    Even worse when you are in the same anime as Hiroshi Kamiya =D
    And even more worse, when the second important girl character is voiced by AmaSora.
    Yea, I'm a bit biased because I've been following AmaSora's works from the start, but especially because of that, I can freely say that AmaSora's start is worlds different from Rena's one.
    Rena should have got some less important role to start.

Episode 2 is when you'll notice the glaring feeling that it sounds really dubbed. I swear, episode 2 was filled with me cringing at Suzune's voice.

seriously read the manga instead

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

It was enjoyable, sadly for what I see over here this is going stray from its source. Also the animation is really poor... Not good-o.
    I don't think I will drop it at this point but I will probably read the manga later, it doesn't take a degree in Japanese animation to see this is not going the way the author wanted lol.

-Oh, I forgot.

I LOVE the ending. It's really agsfadadf and makes me want to dance.

Candy

Years
  • Huh, whaddya know? I guess it's not that bad from a regular watcher's point of view.

Spoiler: Episode 3 Spoilers ho!
    Hmm... original, and a bit clever... but the lack of that CERM scientist makes me sad... I mean, it's supposed to show how Kagami feels when it comes to Physics, and how everyone views him as wasted potential for not joining CERM.

Also, CERM is alternate universe SERN, just saying.

Suzune's VA is still annoying haha.

On the bright side, I finally found a new Kagami Junichirou theme set.

EDIT:
    Spoiler: Yay gifs
    tumblr_nn1e27nFri1r4wcf6o3_400.gif

tumblr_nn1e27nFri1r4wcf6o2_400.gif

tumblr_nn1e27nFri1r4wcf6o1_400.gif

The sad thing is the glasses pushing isn't as epic as Shiroe since it lacks the shining glasses effect lol.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • First ep hardly strayed from the source material and I have no idea why you guys are complaining about the girl's voice actress.

I'm only 1 ep in but it looks like a pretty damn good adaptation to me.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

That's a loud tsundere.
    Spoiler:

Back