• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-Psychic

Okage

He who can defy Classifacation
Years
  • Hello everyone. This is my first Mono-type team for competitive play and I wanted to make sure it works. Here's the team:

Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 16 HP, 8 Def, 232 SpA, 252 Spe
    Moveset: Hypervoice
    Psyshock
    Focus Blast
    Will-O-Wisp

She is here to take out any Dragon and Fighting Types that could hurt the team in any way, and having a Psychic Type that isn't super hurt by Dark types and can deal massive damage to them is a great help.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 Hp, 160 Atk, 96 Spd
    Moveset: Pursuit
    Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Earthquake

This monster is here to take out any Fairy or Poison types that happen to appear, and acts as a revenge killer.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerate
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 Hp, 232 Def, 24 Spd
    Moveset: Scald
    Thunderwave
    Slack Off
    Psyshock (Might change out for Calm Mind)

This guy he is for taking out Rock, Ground, and any Fire Types that pop up, as well as being a Physical wall.

Celebi @ Leftover
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 Hp, !56 Def, 84 Spd, 16 spe
    Moveset: Stealth Rock
    Giga Drain
    Recover
    Thunderwave

This little one is the answer to Water Types, the Hazard set-up, and just being an all around annoyance.

Victini @ Choice Band/ Choice Scarf (Depends on what I want to use)
    Ability: Victory Star
    EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    Moveset: V-create
    Bolt Strike
    U-turn
    Trick

This little guy here is for any Grass, Ice, and Bug Types, as well as a Trick user if the need arises.

Latias @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 72 Hp, 184 SpA, 252 Spe
    Moveset: Draco Meteor
    Defog
    Psyshock
    Healing Wish

Finally, this lass is here to clear the field and sacrifice herself if the need arises.

Any help, tips, and suggestions are appreciated.

Years
  • Actually this team looks pretty good at a glance. Watch out for Sharpedo and Weavile since they might cause some issues but for the most part I can't see any notable flaws.

Okage

Years
  • Actually this team looks pretty good at a glance. Watch out for Sharpedo and Weavile since they might cause some issues but for the most part I can't see any notable flaws.

I think Sharpedo would be the major problem with this team. Weavile, while Physically strong and fast, is pretty brittle and has a 50% chance of getting OHKO by Metagross with Bullet Punch after Stealth Rocks and can't OTKO the Metagross without getting a crit, while Sharpedo can pretty much OHKO everyone on the team with Crunch, other then Slowbro, who can try to Thunderwave it or try for the Scald burn.

Years
  • I feel like the fast electrics annoy this team quite a bit (Mega-Manectric, Thundurus, Raikou) with their multiude of coverage moves, specifically specs shadow ball from Raikou and Manectric outspeeding and KO-ing Metagross with Overheat. Therefore, I feel like you should run Scarf Victini. You could even change it to Scarf Rachi - something like

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly, 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 SPD
    Iron Head
    Heart Stamp
    U-Turn
    Healing Wish

And then you could change the Latias slot to something else like LO Latios or priority attacking Mew. Lots of options. However, this is a suggestion and I think you've created quite the formidable team as is and it doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses.

Okage

Years
  • I feel like the fast electrics annoy this team quite a bit (Mega-Manectric, Thundurus, Raikou) with their multiude of coverage moves, specifically specs shadow ball from Raikou and Manectric outspeeding and KO-ing Metagross with Overheat. Therefore, I feel like you should run Scarf Victini. You could even change it to Scarf Rachi - something like

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly, 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 SPD
    Iron Head
    Heart Stamp
    U-Turn
    Healing Wish

And then you could change the Latias slot to something else like LO Latios or priority attacking Mew. Lots of options. However, this is a suggestion and I think you've created quite the formidable team as is and it doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses.

Yeah, I can see where they can be annoying. Really, Latias is the only one who doesn't have a set job. She was put there to fill a slot sadly.

Also, I have this mentality of having all my Pokemon be different types. (And while this is a Mono-Type team, I don't want Pokemon to have the same Secondary-Type. IE: Metagross and Jirachi. It's a big quirk I developed over the years playing Pokemon.)

Back