• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool to set permadeath on ROMs?

Top%Rattata

Why aren't you wearing shorts?
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this so I'll repost in a new place if someone points me to the correct forum.

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if anyone has made a tool for any generation of Pokemon that will render Pokemon unusable once they faint, as in they can't be revived or healed at a Pokemon Center. I did some limited searching on the web but figured I'd just post it here to see if anyone knows that is more of an expert on this sort of thing than me.

I, and many others seem to have this unwavering problem with attachment to my Pokemon. Once I catch them and invest some time into making a team with Nuzlocke rules, I tend to break the rules a bit and be like "that was a bullshit crit" or "I needed that fighting type for Whitney!!! Dammit!"... I know I should just be more adamant and just box them but I can't stop doing it :laugh-squinted:

Would be cool if this existed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    I'm not entirely sure where to post this so I'll repost in a new place if someone points me to the correct forum.

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if anyone has made a tool for any generation of Pokemon that will render Pokemon unusable once they faint, as in they can't be revived or healed at a Pokemon Center. I did some limited searching on the web but figured I'd just post it here to see if anyone knows that is more of an expert on this sort of thing than me.

I, and many others seem to have this unwavering problem with attachment to my Pokemon. Once I catch them and invest some time into making a team with Nuzlocke rules, I tend to break the rules a bit and be like "that was a bull**** crit" or "I needed that fighting type for Whitney!!! Dammit!"... I know I should just be more adamant and just box them but I can't stop doing it :laugh-squinted:

Would be cool if this existed.

This routine deletes Pokemon when they faint

Top%Rattata

Why aren't you wearing shorts?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Thanks, I'll have to look into this a bit more. I'll read the thread but is this only possible for GBA ROMs? Was wondering if I could get something similar for HGSS/BW/BW2

edit: OK I'm probably a bit thick but this is confusing as heck not gonna lie...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    Thanks, I'll have to look into this a bit more. I'll read the thread but is this only possible for GBA ROMs? Was wondering if I could get something similar for HGSS/BW/BW2

edit: OK I'm probably a bit thick but this is confusing as heck not gonna lie...

Sorry, that routine is only for fire red. I'm not sure what tools exist for gen4+ hacking :(

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • I was looking for something like this as well, except to use it for permadeath after a Pokémon faints XX amount of times

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    is there a way to do this while still having the Pokémon's lifeless corpse in your party?

....no? well you'd have to use asm or decomp to create a special function just for this pokemon, but if its just straight up fainting it should be easier to track.

What you would need is to, create an argument that essentially says if pokemon faints,
    no items can be used on it, and it can't be healed. So you'd need to make a way to have all healing points ignore said pokemon.

If you want to do an easy way, perhaps you can use existing arguments, to have the game treat the fainted pokemon as an egg.
    But you'd have to make sure you take care of the glitch where eggs can be healed in pokemon centers.

If that's done, then no items should work on it by default, and then it wouldn't be healed in pokemon centers or anywhere else.

And since it isn't actually an egg, those things aren't liable to change.

But then there's also the issue of healing in the pc, I think having it treated as an egg would avoid this, but since this is
    all theory on my part I can't know for sure.

Back