• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Infernos (Beta 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Pokemon Fire Red Infernos V1.1 - Full game available!

POKEMON FIRE RED INFERNOS - Version 1.1 added Dec.13 2010!
InfernosPic.png

Name: Pokemon Fire Red Infernos
Rom Base: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red Version (U)
Date Started: 4th October 2010
Patcher: A-Ptch

I'm a complete novice when it comes to ROM Hacking, having only started learning in mid-September, when I stumbled across PokeCommunity. After learning the very basics using the tutorials on this website, I started to develop a 386 hack that makes all Pokemon available in game (at appropriate stages), and increases the difficutly level. It's still in its Beta stage, but the game is completely playable up the Elite Four (you could play it beyond this level, but there won't be as many changes). The major changes in this current version include;
  • All 386 Pokemon available (currently some legendaries missing)
  • Increased difficulty of trainers, gym leaders, and elite four.
  • Gym leaders and Elite Four members now deviate slightly from their type restrictions. This increases the difficulty and makes things a little different.
  • A lot of different sprites have been substituted in for the FR ones, mainly from the 4th and 5th gen. The original FR had some pretty nasty sprites in my opinion. Also contains a few revamped sprites from the 2nd gen. Currently around 165 Pokemon have updated sprites.
  • Rival's team changes completely depending on starter choice.
  • Some changes to movepools, abilities (incorporating changes from 4th/5th gen games) - still in editing.
  • Some minor mapping changes
  • Some minor plot changes.
Further versions will focus on more sophisticated scripting (which I'm still trying to learn!), the availability of all Pokemon (including events to obtain legendaries). There may be a few minor errors, as this is obviously in its beta stage :P

Pictures

Pic11.png
Pic12.png
Pic3.png
Pic10.png
Pic5.png
Pic6.png
Lostelle1.png
lostelle2.png

Pokedex1.png
Pic0.png
wildbattle4.png
Trainerbattle3.png

Tools Used:
  • AdvanceMap 1.92
  • XSE
  • VS Trainer
  • Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor
  • Advanced Sprite Position Editor
  • YAPE
  • MoveEditor
  • UNLZ.gba
  • A-Ptch
  • Trader Advanced
You'll need A-Ptch to apply the patch to an untouched 1636 Fire Red (U) Rom. You can find it in the Toolbox forums on PokeCommunity. Thanks HackMew! :D You can download the archive at the bottom of this post. Note that the version at the bottom is not different from the one that was on earlier - I just accidentally deleted it from the post >.<

13th December Edit: Version 1.1 now available! I've been very busy recently, so it features all the updates done up until this point. It might be a while before any more updates come about, but I'll try and answer and questions people have, and see if I can make a start on any errors :)

22nd December Edit: Major Battle Information Document added. A group of these sorts of documents will be available with later editions of the ROM :)

Many thanks to the creators of the tools above, and thanks to members of these forums for the creation of tutorials that have made all of this possible.

I hope people like this, and enjoy the changes I've made. Any feedback would be brilliant - please remember, I'm still learning!

Attachments

• Fire Red Infernos.rar
    246.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Fire Red Infernos 1.1.rar
    296.2 KB · Views: 851
  • Important Trainer Data.doc
    665 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

Pokemonatoms

something...
Years
Very good, I like it but could you tell us what the starters are maybe rivals pokemon and some of the plots to the story.. so yeah Very Good.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Very good, I like it but could you tell us what the starters are maybe rivals pokemon and some of the plots to the story.. so yeah Very Good.

The starters are exactly the same as in the original FR game. If people would prefer something different I'm open to changing it :)

And Gary's team changes completely depending on what starter you choose. I won't give all the team changes away, but he uses a different regional bird (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow) depending on your starter choice. In the end, his team varies massively.

And as for plots, it's basically exactly the same as the original FR at the moment. One new plot is sort of added in this version, relating to the Mew Event I'm adding and Team Rocket. The basic change is implemented, but its not finished in this version. I might add others relating to other events at a later point.

Oh, and if anyone sees a sprite they really don't like for whatever reason, let me know and I'll see if I can change it for a nicer one. About 130 Pokemon have had their sprites changed so far.

Last edited:
Years
Uhh is it just me or are there alignment problems (ie some opposing pokemon are place too low and Charmeleon had a pixel gap between the sprite and text box)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Uhh is it just me or are there alignment problems (ie some opposing pokemon are place too low and Charmeleon had a pixel gap between the sprite and text box)
I've just tested with Charmeleon and you're right - it's where I had to edit the colours and I've just put the back sprite up too high. I'll add that to the list of fixes for the next beta, thanks for letting me know :)

And as for some sprites being too low, can you remember any specific Pokemon which have this problem? I'm just going through now to check, and I can see what you mean - Caterpie, Weedle, Butterfree and Numel are all a bit too low, so I'll add them to the list :P

Apart from these graphical issues, how are you getting on with the game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I'm really liking the changes you've made so far. So far my team is Wartortle, Noctowl, Snorunt, Vulpix, Volbeat and Geodude. I'd agree that some sprites are a bit too low - Venonat's feet are basically entirely covered by the bar. But its so much nicer seeing all these nice new sprites.

I've just beat Gary at the bridge in Cerulean, and I'm on my way up to see Bill. Haven't faced Misty yet, because if she's anything like Brock... well, I'll need to be doing more training! Brock was tough, but manageable.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I'm glad you're liking it :) And I'll add Venonat to the list :P

When you get to her, what do you think of Misty's team? Of all the gym leaders and elite four, its probably one that I like the least. I think there's a few things I might change in the next beta, depending on what people think of course :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Just beat Misty, I'm on the boat now. I thought her team was fine to be honest. I don't know if it would be better if she still had a Staryu though.
Also, it was interesting to see that new Rocket woman in Mt.Moon. Do you get to fight her again? Oh, and are there any more new characters like this? I like it :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Just beat Misty, I'm on the boat now. I thought her team was fine to be honest. I don't know if it would be better if she still had a Staryu though.
Also, it was interesting to see that new Rocket woman in Mt.Moon. Do you get to fight her again? Oh, and are there any more new characters like this? I like it :)
Hmm, I did consider that originally, but I'm not sure who I'd replace it with. That, and I sort of prefer the team variation. I can't help but feel I could just put something more interesting in her team. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know :)

And yes, you currently get to face her three times. I've been considering adding additonal 'rivals', but I wasn't sure how much people would like it. Again, if people would like to see this, let me know :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Oh good :)
I like it, but I dunno if everyone would. It depends on how much people want it to vary from the original game.

Years
say, what happened to Charizard's slash? and it is WAY harder than the original game, but can you post where to get every pokemon? because it seems more of a wait and see then OH COOL!
And are you meant to fish bulbasaur, chickorita, torchic and treeko? because the pokedex is giving telling me to find them between pallet and cinnebar? or are they in the small patch of grass in between the 2 cities.
Say, i think im just relying on Charizard to fight (although im training my kadabra and aron to become stronger. im working on a ninjask for the heck of it XP)

Also, are trade evolutions becoming level evolutions, ie @lvl 40 Kadabra => Alakazam?
Sprite too low : trapinch
and why does vulpix have drought and charizard flashfire? now blaine is just gonna be way easier...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
say, what happened to Charizard's slash? and it is WAY harder than the original game, but can you post where to get every pokemon? because it seems more of a wait and see then OH COOL!
And are you meant to fish bulbasaur, chickorita, torchic and treeko? because the pokedex is giving telling me to find them between pallet and cinnebar? or are they in the small patch of grass in between the 2 cities.
Say, i think im just relying on Charizard to fight (although im training my kadabra and aron to become stronger. im working on a ninjask for the heck of it XP)

Also, are trade evolutions becoming level evolutions, ie @lvl 40 Kadabra => Alakazam?
Charizard's movepool was changed to add a few things in - Slash however was moved up from Lv.44 to Lv.50 to make room for Seismic Toss (anime reference :P ) at Lv.41. Dragon Rage has also been replaced by the more useful Dragonbreath.

And they shouldn't be in the water :P It's the grass south of Pallet town - all the starters can be found there.

And yes, it's by level up for Kadabra. Needs to reach Lv.36 to evolve into Alakazam. All trade evolutions have changed somehow - occasionally it's stones, or happiness instead. (Because there is no day/night system, Eevee also evolves using sun and moon stones now too).

And creating a locations list will take me a pretty long time. I can start on it, but for now if you want to know the location of a certain pokemon, you can just ask and I'll let you know :)

Edit: And those abilities changes are based on 5th gen changes. Admittedly, Charmander doesn't get Flash Fire, but I gave it to him because I gave both Squirtle and Bulbasaur their Dream World abilities and thought it'd only be fair to give Charmander something!

Thanks for letting me know how it's going - do you think it needs to be made a little less difficult? (Oh, and where are you at the moment in the game?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
All alignment issues have been fixed (I think :P )

The next version will have these changes, and will fix a few other errors here and there. It'll also have more 4th/5th gen sprites. As always, if there is something you'd like to see changed in the next beta, or think there's somewhere that needs improvement, please let me know :)

@Synergise
I know, she's tough isn't she! Not sure whether she's too tough, but she was definitely one of the harder gym leaders during my playthroughs.

Years
me? im about to pwn erika with my Charizard :P and nah the difficulty is ok... the average trainer could be a bit harder though as I just grind to level up. And more prize money? getting the little bits of money from the random people is not really a lot (although the common nuggets are useful) and geez, its hard to train my aron... (still lvl 9 I got it in Mt. Moon). And what is up with the ghosts in the tower? (i forgot where to get the Silph Scope). Still, great fun to play, although my lvl 52 Charizard makes it a bit easy XP

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Haha, I see :P But seriously, Level 52 and you havent even faced Erika yet 0.o She's usually tough, but I don't imagine she'll be causing you too many problems!

Is there something wrong with the ghosts pre-Silph Scope? I didnt actually try looking for them before I got it, so I don't know if they're glitched up or anything, or just that usual 'hidden' ghost sprite. And the Silph Scope is in the Rocket Underground, the one hidden in the Game Corner.

The money you get is exactly the same as what you'd usually get from the trainers. I could put it up a bit if it doesnt seem enough though.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I haven't really noticed any money issues. Then again, I'm not really buying much at this stage. But I agree that it'd be nice if some of the trainers were a bit more difficult. Some you can sweep really easily (like in the normal games), and its not as fun like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
The thing is, I don't really want to increase the levels, because then that affects the amount of EXP you get, so it just becomes a recurring problem where you just end up constantly increasing levels :\

Would you prefer to see trainers use more items, or custom movesets with better... synergy? (Excuse the pun Synergise :P )

Years
Ghosts pre-Silph Scope = "ghosts" instead of gastly and the like (meaning i cant catch them or battle them)
and probably "smarter trainers" i mean... they use X-Attack when they have an obvious weakness... so, it could be better to make them use more defensive its and more potions. give them the "Elite 4" intelligence levels because if I remember correctly, they are bit smarter with potion usage.
Also, I think they should bet better movesets and stats although custom EV'd and IV'd stats might make it a bit too hard (like the ones recommended at smogon/serebii)
and flashfire for Charizard? that makes battling the fire types a bit easy...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back