• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Groups

Years
Anybody ever try ROM hacking as a team? Because personally, I tend to lose motivation on my own, and I've found a million things I'm unable to do. I've been thinking about getting a small group of people with around the experience I have, mostly so I don't feel like dead weight, because I want to actually finish a project for once. Anybody know how that would work?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
In my opinion, teams are historically pointless and usually lead to absolutely nothing. There's a few projects out there that have made it work like Clover but the very vast majority fall flat on their faces. With that said, my hack would not have gotten as far as it has without the help of other talented ROM Hackers that wanted to see my project succeed.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I feel the same exact way, but there's a balancing act. I wanted to start a hack years ago, but it's daunting when you don't have experience with much to do it on your own. 2 or 3 people can probably work, but any more than that and things never get done and people want to do things differently. If you want someone to help, I might be interested.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 2, 2020
I have a pretty big idea for a rom hack idea, but I cant do it alone. I need like 1 or 2 people who who know what their doing to help me 🥺

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 2, 2020
I feel the same exact way, but there's a balancing act. I wanted to start a hack years ago, but it's daunting when you don't have experience with much to do it on your own. 2 or 3 people can probably work, but any more than that and things never get done and people want to do things differently. If you want someone to help, I might be interested.

Hello? You said you can help with a fan game?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Anybody ever try ROM hacking as a team? Because personally, I tend to lose motivation on my own, and I've found a million things I'm unable to do. I've been thinking about getting a small group of people with around the experience I have, mostly so I don't feel like dead weight, because I want to actually finish a project for once. Anybody know how that would work?

Yes , i am making a team to create a brand new pokemon rom hack , story is awesome [written by me] need some more people to start project. The cover picture is ready[promo]

I named it POKEMON TIME ADVENTURE

Contact me via
Email:- [email protected]
Youtube:- invisible charizard

[for instant reply you can contact me via youtube, email may take some time]

__fred__40

fred
Years
Probably for creating an hack rom it's hard to make a group function properly ,but as far as rom hacking itself goes,you can see how Ultima and Leon made a terrific rombase by working together,and even more recently, Skeli and Ghoulslash also pulled off a very big and succesful project working in a small group of two

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Hello Everyone.This Is Kaim ji
We are working on a new Project .
We are making a rom hack of Pokemon ruby which will have major changes.
We will also add pokemons till 4th generation in it and many more different things will be added.
Will you give it a try when released?

Back