• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: DiegoWT's Starter Selection (v21.1)

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
Years
  • Hey there, how are you all?
    Give a brand new look for your starter selection with this plugin!

(Remember that the gifs do not reflect quite well the in-game quality)
    Features:

• Choose between HGSS or BW/B2W2 graphics style;
    • Two options of background for the scene: Oak's lab and Hoenn's tall grass (including a version of the bg without the tall grass);
    • Customization options for your starter's level, form, shininess, IVs, cry (if you want it to be played or not), background (to show only the 1st starter's type or both the 1st and 2st type's color), position and it's background circle's size;
    • If you need to check which starter was selected, the script already updates the Variable 7 (Starter Choice) according to the selected starter, being 1 the first starter, 2 the second and 3 the third.

Installation:
    Spoiler:

If you have any suggestions or get any error using the script, please contact me here or on Discord, diegowt.
    That's all, don't forget to credit me, DiegoWT.
    Do not redistribute this resource anywhere.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I made this one compatible with v18,
    Here you go-
    Spoiler:

DiegoWT

Years
  • New update! Version 1.2:
    - Fixed a bug where the starter's form would show up only on the starter's screen, but the player would not receive the correct starter form;
    - The script call was revised to properly work with the species ID, not the national dex number;
    - Now when a starter is selected, it will properly play its cry (configurable if you don't want it);
    - A new configuration for allowing the plugin to show the starter's second type when selected is now present in the settings.

Last edited:

DiegoWT

Years
  • New update! Version 1.25:
    - Fixed the script's window text only showing the 2nd starter's type when the two gradients option is enabled. Now, it will show both types of the starters and, if it doesn't have two, it will show only one;
    - Now there's a better explanation for the two gradients option in the script settings.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well done! So far, my favorite starter selection script.

DiegoWT

Years
  • Update v1.3.0:
    - Fully updated the script to work with Essentials v20.1, and abandoned support to older versions.

Years
  • Actually I prefer what I'm using as Essentials is so much easier to work with although would liked if shaders could be added and if more updates are coming well let's see.

DiegoWT

Years
  • Update v1.5.0:
    - Major overhaul of the scene graphics:
    -- Altered the Poké Balls sprites, and made their highlights a different image for the animation to be more realistic;
    -- Remade the background and added a new one based on Hoenn's starter selection.
    - New Settings' options: Set your preferred background, your starters' shininess, IVs and items;
    - Remade the Poké Balls' swing animation for it to be more faithful to Gen 5's Poké Balls' animations;
    - Fully updated the script to work with Essentials v21.1, and abandoned support to older versions.

Back