• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Field moves usable by compatibility [v17.2 - v19.1]

Years
If you are tired of teaching Surf to your Gyarados and ruin his physical moveset this script is perfect for you.
Instead of checking the moveset of your party for any learned field move, you can instead check the compatibility with this moves.
So in this way Gyarados can freely use Surf, Strength, Rocksmash, Dive and Waterfall without wasting any move slot

Code for v.19.1
Spoiler:

Code for v.18
Spoiler:

Code for v.17
Spoiler:

-- Edit 25/09/20: Added support to v.18
-- Edit 01/11/21: Added support to v.19.1

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
incredible work! i was wondering if you would have any idea how to get these moves to show up on the ready menu? thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
incredible work! i was wondering if you would have any idea how to get these moves to show up on the ready menu? thanks in advance

Taking a quick look, it appears the lines you'd be interested in are in def pbUseKeyItem
probably this if $Trainer.party[j].hasMove?(move), you'll want to switch that into checking if it's compatible instead. so if $Trainer.party[j].isCompatibleWithMove?(move) should do the trick.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
This is awesome!
But I do have a question/suggestion. I think it would make more sense if using Dive would require an item in addition to the Pkmn Compatibility, like a scuba suit or something. How could I implement this?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
This is awesome!
But I do have a question/suggestion. I think it would make more sense if using Dive would require an item in addition to the Pkmn Compatibility, like a scuba suit or something. How could I implement this?

Looks like you'll need to edit the HiddenMoveHandlers::CanUseMove for Dive in PField_FieldMoves. It returns false if you don't have the required badge, so all you need to do is add another line that returns false if you don't have the requisite item. !$PokemonBag.pbHasItem?(:ITEM) is the check you want.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 23, 2022
file

help please

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 11 (coords 21,16), map 5 (Route 1):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: PSystem_PokemonUtilities:382:in `pbCheckMove'undefined method `CompatibleWithMove?' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x9ad67e0>

***Full script:
pbCut

Backtrace:
Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:379:in `each'
PSystem_PokemonUtilities:379:in `pbCheckMove'
PField_FieldMoves:198:in `pbCut'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:658:in `eval'
Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:658:in `command_111'
Interpreter:272:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:155:in `update'

Backtrace:
Interpreter:246:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:658:in `command_111'
Interpreter:272:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:155:in `update'
Interpreter:102:in `loop'
Interpreter:158:in `update'
Scene_Map:162:in `follow_update'
Scene_Map:160:in `loop'
Scene_Map:169:in `follow_update'
Follower_Main:1187:in `update'

JFD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Replace CompatibleWithMove? with isCompatibleWithMove? on line 1212 in PScreen_Party, and replace pbCanUseHiddenMove? and pbConfirmUseHiddenMove with Kernel.pbCanUseHiddenMove? and Kernel.pbConfirmUseHiddenMove on lines 1267 and 1268 in the same file, respectively.

Thanks for the script, Luxor!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
I tried to use the instruktions for v19, but i cant find 'pbCheckMove' in 'Utilities_Pokemon'. The hole section of 'Analyse Pokémon in the party' is way shorter than in v18. Is it possible to update this for Essentials v19?

This change for the gameplay is a make or brake for my project and if it cant be updatet i will continue to use Essentials v18 instead of upgrading.

And besides: every Essentials project should use this. the way the original pokemon games handle this is just not as good.

Years
I tried to use the instruktions for v19, but i cant find 'pbCheckMove' in 'Utilities_Pokemon'. The hole section of 'Analyse Pokémon in the party' is way shorter than in v18. Is it possible to update this for Essentials v19?

This change for the gameplay is a make or brake for my project and if it cant be updatet i will continue to use Essentials v18 instead of upgrading.

And besides: every Essentials project should use this. the way the original pokemon games handle this is just not as good.

Any chance on an update for this?

Thank you for the patience. Now it's compatible with v.19.1

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 3, 2023
Quick question: Is there a way to link this to however many badges you have in game? It looks like it's set to get all of the HM moves immediately instead of by badges.

Years
Quick question: Is there a way to link this to however many badges you have in game? It looks like it's set to get all of the HM moves immediately instead of by badges.
(This is how I did it, there may be a better way)

Inside getFieldMoves(), instead of declaring the vector already full of moves, declare it with only the moves you want to be accessible by default like Headbutt that usually do not require a badge to be used:
Code:
moveList = [
GameData::Move.get(:DIG),
GameData::Move.get(:SOFTBOILED),
GameData::Move.get(:MILKDRINK),
GameData::Move.get(:HEADBUTT),
GameData::Move.get(:TELEPORT),
GameData::Move.get(:SWEETSCENT)]
Then you can do something like this to enable other moves with a condition for each field move checking $Trainer.badge_count to what you want it to be for that move.
Code:
moveList[moveList.size] = GameData::Move.get(:SURF) if $Trainer.badge_count > 3
Remember to be creative, this does not need to be a badge but it could be any condition!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024

So I think another way you can do this is to go into the Settings and find " FIELD_MOVES_COUNT_BADGES " and turn it to false and set the specific badge for the move. I only tested it with CUT but it seems to work for that one.

Back